PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-20-2012, 12:35 PM #22
WildWayz
The Moose God

Annual Supporting Member
I think it is right to say that most issues are user error or easy enough for them to fix themselves.
Most issues can be fixed with an understanding of a marker, replacing O-Ring or just servicing it yourself.

Yes, there can be issues with the manufacturing process - but usually those issues are picked up. I've seen GT's with metal shavings in the regs. Not great, just breakdown and service your marker when you get it.

I am still learning alot about the Demon - hey, only had it about 3 weeks - but in that time, I blew about 6 o-rings and a diaphragm. Whilst trying to fix the problem, I pretty much taught myself how to fully strip, troubleshoot and maintain the marker. I never had to send it off to Vanguard to be fixed (even though, when it happened I couldn't figure out what was wrong and natural response is to send it back!).

I've known several people with Demons and all love their markers. They hate the diaphragms though

For me, working on the Demon is very similar to a Clone VX... so wasn't too hard to figure things out.

I am still learning, but pretty sure I can fix my marker if a problem came up again!

Last edited by WildWayz : 07-20-2012 at 12:38 PM.
WildWayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-20-2012, 01:12 PM #23
godraep
FapAttackV.1

godraep supports Team VICIOUS
godraep supports Team VICIOUS
godraep is attending Decay of Nations VI
godraep supports DLX Technology
There was no fixin the Demon I had, regardless of who touched it. I know they arnt reliable enough in their current form to be used as a primary. When thats fixed, Ill give them another shot.

To the above post, theres no reason you should have had to go through all that trouble.
Old 07-20-2012, 03:08 PM #24
paul_gun
Designer For Hire

paul_gun works for a Paintball manufacturer
Why is everyone obsessed with running low dwell on this gun its a fixed volume chamber up the dwell and cut out a lot of the issues.
Old 07-20-2012, 03:12 PM #25
ElCoronel

ElCoronel is for the Gunfight
ElCoronel plays in the APPA D4 division
They think it'll increase the efficiency I guess.

I just arbitrarily set my dwell to 15 once I got it back and it shot fine except for bad FSDO. I set it back to the 'repaired level' of 16.6 and it shot great again with no FSDO.
ElCoronel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 03:28 PM #26
WildWayz
The Moose God

Annual Supporting Member
Why increase the efficiency? It already shoots around 11 pods (possibly more when broken in) which is 1540 balls!
Old 07-20-2012, 04:57 PM #27
ElCoronel

ElCoronel plays in the APPA D4 division
I don't have precise numbers but I'd estimate I get 6-7 pods on a 68/3000 fill. Hopefully I can come back with better numbers after this weekend's tournament and 4500 fills.

Efficiency isn't a super big deal to me. I don't shoot more than 6 pods per game and always have time to refill in between. Scenario and xball players might care more. And maybe guns like the G6R that get, what is it 20 pods on fill are prompting people to worry more about efficiency.
ElCoronel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 08:59 PM #28
Reaper (ACI)
We're Weird

Reaper (ACI) works for a Paintball manufacturer
Reaper (ACI) donated to help Peyton Trent
Reaper (ACI) is for the Gunfight
Nah, it's just because people want to be able to brag about something.
www.deadboxsports.com

I have LEGO Paintballer Mini Figs
Reaper (ACI) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 09:24 AM #29
Citrus Eskimo

Citrus Eskimo is for the Gunfight
Lowering your Dwell can help, As long as you dont get to exited.

If the Dwell on the Demon is higher then what it could be at, then you have more inconsistent shots.
lowering the Dwell by a small amount after the O-rings have broken in is smoother on the system, and can give you a good consistency over the chrono (good paint pending)

As long as you dont keep dropping your dwell you wont run into FSDO or bolt stick issues. but there is defiantly merit to dropping dwell after the initial O-rings are worn down a bit

the gain in efficiency is negligible for all game purposes. But if your velocity is +/- 7 at 16.6ms and you lower it to 15.0 ms with a new average of +/- 5 thats a worth while increase!
Citrus Eskimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 12:05 PM #30
Reaper (ACI)
We're Weird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citrus Eskimo View Post
Lowering your Dwell can help, As long as you dont get to exited.

If the Dwell on the Demon is higher then what it could be at, then you have more inconsistent shots.
lowering the Dwell by a small amount after the O-rings have broken in is smoother on the system, and can give you a good consistency over the chrono (good paint pending)

As long as you dont keep dropping your dwell you wont run into FSDO or bolt stick issues. but there is defiantly merit to dropping dwell after the initial O-rings are worn down a bit

the gain in efficiency is negligible for all game purposes. But if your velocity is +/- 7 at 16.6ms and you lower it to 15.0 ms with a new average of +/- 5 thats a worth while increase!
Paul designed the Internal working components of the Creed and Demon. He knows what the dwell does. He's not refering to changes from 16 to 15...15.5 being stock from the factory...he's talking about these kids trying to go down to 12 and silly numbers like that.
www.deadboxsports.com

Old 07-22-2012, 12:05 PM #31
RSASeraph

RSASeraph is for the Gunfight
after the bolt ... can we pretty please get a manifold and noid that doesnt use the the qev and little diaphragm thingies?
(unless thats out already and i dont know ... then i just need a link pretty please hehe)
RSASeraph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 08:15 PM #32
Citrus Eskimo

Citrus Eskimo is for the Gunfight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper (ACI) View Post
Paul designed the Internal working components of the Creed and Demon. He knows what the dwell does. He's not refering to changes from 16 to 15...15.5 being stock from the factory...he's talking about these kids trying to go down to 12 and silly numbers like that.

So im preaching to the choir?
Sorry Paul I guess you already know this

Also, as far as the QEV goes. its not that QEV's are bad, its that they are Hard to find Quality QEV's.. the PE Ego QEV's are great, and if you can find em they work for the Demon. (As far as i'm told) but the new ones from China that are coming from a different manufacturer are awful and prone to failure

If you can get a GOOD Quality QEV it will last you a long time without failure.

Last edited by Citrus Eskimo : 07-22-2012 at 08:17 PM.
Citrus Eskimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 10:17 PM #33
Reaper (ACI)
We're Weird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citrus Eskimo View Post
So im preaching to the choir?
Sorry Paul I guess you already know this

Also, as far as the QEV goes. its not that QEV's are bad, its that they are Hard to find Quality QEV's.. the PE Ego QEV's are great, and if you can find em they work for the Demon. (As far as i'm told) but the new ones from China that are coming from a different manufacturer are awful and prone to failure

If you can get a GOOD Quality QEV it will last you a long time without failure.
Preaching to the choir director...lol.
www.deadboxsports.com