Old 07-14-2012, 10:00 PM #1
4banger
AP Factory

has been a member for 10 years
4banger plays in the PSP
4banger donated to help Peyton Trent
4banger plays in the APPA D3 division
SEPS #4 Feedback

Let us know the good, bad and the ugly. We do want to know what you thought of the event and we read and value your posts. While we cant work wonders, we will strive to bring you great events. Thanks for all those players, parents, staff and others who attended SEPS #4.
65 South/AP Factory Sponsored by Ourselves now. lol
4banger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-14-2012, 10:26 PM #2
mfarmy

mfarmy plays in the PSP
mfarmy plays in the APPA D3 division
To be honest the day dragged on but that happens, thought the reffing was good but could be improved, but they did their job. Fields weren't equal on both sides but no one is perfect without a grid, but I did really enjoy playing 2 different fields thrown together without a prior layout release. Other then a that seps is always fun and laid back and a great time with seeing old and making new friends among the teams

AsylumTrueballers
Paintball Asylum
Torres Productions
mfarmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 11:00 PM #3
clhunt02

it was fun but the refs need to be better informed on whats what and how to make proper calls and how to tell the difference between a shot and rub
clhunt02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 11:12 PM #4
Clear

Clear plays in the APPA beginner division
Clear has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
For our first tournament it was great. One thing I noticed refs need to make even calls all day, one team shouldn't be penalized for talking in the deadbox when other have a full conversation just for example. Other than little more fair reffing it was a lot of fun.
Old 07-15-2012, 06:22 AM #5
red4
Sherman Reynolds

red4 is BST Trusted
red4 plays in the PSP
red4 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
red4 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
red4 plays in the APPA D3 division
the day did kinda drag out...but ive played & reffed national events and they do as well. the reffing was pretty much on point from what i saw & experienced. there were some calls missed & bad ones made. but that is just part of the sport. all sports have that issue. for the most part it ran smooth and constant. only issue i had with reffing was a "restart" during the D4 semis. i wasnt involved in the match but did witness it. its the teams' responsibility to be ready when the head ref gives the 10 second warning. if something happens (macro line/burts disk blows, gun, hopper goes down...things that fall in the $h1t happen category) is understandable and the game can be stopped prior to its start. but once the game is started, to stop and restart the game "cuz the team didnt hear the "GO GO GO", whistle, buzzer, or whatever starts the game is a big NO NO! had some new names & faces out there...which is always nice. i will take a bad day of balling than a great day at work anytime other than that, great event. always a good time and constantly improving over the years i have played.

red4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 02:10 PM #6
Budliteallnite
MidSouthOutlaws FTW

Budliteallnite supports Team VICIOUS
Budliteallnite plays in the APPA D3 division
Budliteallnite supports DLX Technology
Maybe next can we get the porta poddy cleaned?? MSO had a great event good reffin all day and there was a lot of good competition!
Old 07-15-2012, 04:29 PM #7
ninjagummibear69

ninjagummibear69 plays in the PSP
ninjagummibear69 plays in the APPA D3 division
This was the worse event I have ever played. Let me start with the field, which was an absolute JOKE. I would have been embarrassed to hold a tournament I I was that field owner. Ground wa uneven, bunkers from 04 ( I lold at the tacos so hard), had to blow field up every 5 seconds. Refs were god awful on field 2. They let dead ppl talk, and refused explanations half the time. SEPS lost a team for even going through with this event. They should have gave every team back their money, and burned down that field.
ninjagummibear69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 04:32 PM #8
dmorse7
Hitmen are coming!

Annual Supporting Member
dmorse7 supports our troops
dmorse7 plays in the APPA D3 division
It was a really good event. The refs have a thankless job for sure. For the most part they did a good job especially on field one.

It was great to see some more teams come out and compete, teams I haven't seen before and teams we haven't seen in a while. The level of competition is getting better for sure.

Brent needs to invest in a few new bunkers as some started needing filled nearly every time between games. (The refs did a pretty good job staying on top of this ). The field layouts were unique and I liked it. It made for an interesting challenge to come up with a sound strategy to win.

This is my second year of being affiliated with SEPS, and I'm glad to be a part of it. There is good competition; everybody wants to win, but I've been able to get to know people from others teams and everyone is quite civil toward each other even when things get close as was the case yesterday.

As far as the general organization, I feel they (Mark, Brent, Roy) run a pretty straight up series. Being on a team from out of the area, I've always felt like we've been treated fairly in SEPS. That's not always been my experience in other leagues where the hometown boys always seem to get the breaks and the out of towners sometimes get the shaft. In SEPS if you play the best your probably going to win. If there is a tough call to be made, the refs and staff are going to make it based on what they think is right, and not be swayed by the teams or persons involved in it. They want to do right even if the call is going to go against a team or person they've known a long time.
Old 07-15-2012, 06:11 PM #9
Blusylver

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjagummibear69 View Post
This was the worse event I have ever played. Let me start with the field, which was an absolute JOKE. I would have been embarrassed to hold a tournament I I was that field owner. Ground wa uneven, bunkers from 04 ( I lold at the tacos so hard), had to blow field up every 5 seconds. Refs were god awful on field 2. They let dead ppl talk, and refused explanations half the time. SEPS lost a team for even going through with this event. They should have gave every team back their money, and burned down that field.
what a douche, stop crying.
Old 07-15-2012, 07:02 PM #10
Ridingsxrs
RAGE

Ridingsxrs plays in the PSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blusylver View Post

you guys cheated lol
Ridingsxrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 07:35 PM #11
Woodroc
Asylum Trueballers

Annual Supporting Member
Woodroc is BST Trusted
Woodroc is playing at Living Legends VII
Woodroc owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Woodroc has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Woodroc supports Empire
I dont know what you ate but Whoever dropped that 10lbs of brown cake batter in the porto jhon wall man that was just wrong lol
Woodroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 07:52 PM #12
Blusylver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridingsxrs View Post
you guys cheated lol

Yep, you guys had Christian Hollis. We were forced to.
Old 07-15-2012, 08:08 PM #13
mfarmy

mfarmy plays in the PSP
mfarmy plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodroc
I dont know what you ate but Whoever dropped that 10lbs of brown cake batter in the porto jhon wall man that was just wrong lol
Haha I just wish I woulda saw the person that did it too match with the mess

AsylumTrueballers
Paintball Asylum
Torres Productions
mfarmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 08:36 PM #14
4banger
AP Factory

4banger plays in the PSP
How about creating another thread to call each other cheaters. lol.

but on a serious note, We at SEPS know that all our fields are not the 2012 race fields, most SEPS fields have had or have older fields. Paintball is a hard business and most of these fields can make more on rec players but because they love the tournament scene, they put on events. I appreciate them for that and don't want to see the local PB scene die.

SEPS was designed to provide a good competitive 5 man series with simple rules and low cost to the player. U usually spend about 100 bucks total playing(paint, entry, travel) and I think that is a super bargain. We are regional and most players are from a state or two away. It was also designed to develop and promote friendship and fellowship in the sport.

I personally enjoy going to the events and seeing old friends and making new ones.

Is the reffing the best in the US?, no. But I think on average it is pretty good. Most refs are players from the series and the head refs and ultimate refs are field locals that have experience. I have reffed literally thousands of games and IT SUCKS!. 8-12 hours in the sun, dehydrated, sunburned, tired, get shot hundreds of times, get cussed, flipped off, talked about, yelled at. And that is on a good day. Props to the refs. Always.

In short, we try to provide a good 5 man paintball event. We have for 6 years. I am proud to be a part of it and proud to compete against all of you each year.

In closing(lol), I hope everyone who attends these events has a fun and fullfilling paintball experience. Thanks and Ill get down from the soapbox.
Old 07-15-2012, 09:25 PM #15
Glove

Annual Supporting Member
Glove plays in the APPA D4 division
well spoken sir
Glove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 09:28 PM #16
andyconley

I cant afford to play PSP, or even a MSXL. If it were not for the SEPS I would no longer be playing paintball. Thanks Brent, Mark and all SEPS staff including the reffs.
andyconley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 09:35 PM #17
ninjagummibear69

ninjagummibear69 plays in the PSP
ninjagummibear69 plays in the APPA D3 division
I had nothing but positive things to say about seps after the asylum event. Last time i checked it was a feedback thread, guess that makes everyone a douche?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blusylver View Post
ninjagummibear69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 09:52 PM #18
Vice Versa
Travis Pennington

Annual Supporting Member
Vice Versa is a Paintball photographer
Vice Versa plays in the PSP
Vice Versa plays in the APPA D3 division
Vice Versa is Boss
Vice Versa is a Forum Captain
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4banger View Post
How about creating another thread to call each other cheaters. lol.

but on a serious note, We at SEPS know that all our fields are not the 2012 race fields, most SEPS fields have had or have older fields. Paintball is a hard business and most of these fields can make more on rec players but because they love the tournament scene, they put on events. I appreciate them for that and don't want to see the local PB scene die.

SEPS was designed to provide a good competitive 5 man series with simple rules and low cost to the player. U usually spend about 100 bucks total playing(paint, entry, travel) and I think that is a super bargain. We are regional and most players are from a state or two away. It was also designed to develop and promote friendship and fellowship in the sport.

I personally enjoy going to the events and seeing old friends and making new ones.

Is the reffing the best in the US?, no. But I think on average it is pretty good. Most refs are players from the series and the head refs and ultimate refs are field locals that have experience. I have reffed literally thousands of games and IT SUCKS!. 8-12 hours in the sun, dehydrated, sunburned, tired, get shot hundreds of times, get cussed, flipped off, talked about, yelled at. And that is on a good day. Props to the refs. Always.

In short, we try to provide a good 5 man paintball event. We have for 6 years. I am proud to be a part of it and proud to compete against all of you each year.

In closing(lol), I hope everyone who attends these events has a fun and fullfilling paintball experience. Thanks and Ill get down from the soapbox and go buy a 30 pack instead of an 18 pack...because it's obviously the right choice.
One small fix.

VSB Lord on deck. Respect and salute your superior officer, kids.
Vice Versa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 09:52 PM #19
4banger
AP Factory

4banger plays in the PSP
Lets stop this between you guys. or take it on pm's.

We heard your opinion and its taken as seriously as anyone elses. Hope you change your mind over time and come back to a SEPS. If not, have fun playing wherever you play. Take care,

mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjagummibear69 View Post
I had nothing but positive things to say about seps after the asylum event. Last time i checked it was a feedback thread, guess that makes everyone a douche?
Old 07-15-2012, 11:16 PM #20
AgainstAllEnemies92
"SHOWTIME"

AgainstAllEnemies92 plays in the APPA D4 division
AgainstAllEnemies92 supports DLX Technology
Look, I posted my opinion and it was OBVIOUSLY READ and deleted in a previous thread (thought this was AMERICA). I put it as nicely as I could have and we (ninjagummybear69) never talked **** on ANY of the players, so calling him a douche was a dick move. The people were GREAT, we enjoyed the environment, we just let you know our "feedback", sorry our opinions differ from yours. Look at our finish at Asylum, an EXCELLENT field and ask our feedback on that, it'll be excellent. It's the field and some shotty calls that was our disappointment. Sorry if we offended players, but don't blast us for voicing our opinion... AND... I'm done. Peace!