PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-18-2012, 12:13 PM #1
customs21
pour la victoire!

Spimmy out of a WGP Boss?

So, looking to do a Spimmy build, and I found a empty WGP Boss. These were Spyder clones, so does that mean they'll work for a Spimmy build?
customs21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-18-2012, 07:42 PM #2
snprgy

you will probably have trouble finding a frame that fits unless you do a sleeper and use the stock frame, then you have issues fitting everything in the frame.
snprgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 07:56 PM #3
customs21
pour la victoire!

I'm actually making a custom frame whether I use a Boss or my Esprit. I just love the sleeper look of the Boss and the more surface area for milling.
Old 07-18-2012, 09:29 PM #4
snprgy

you just have to make sure you can get the front block and ram sleeve in.

I planned on using a stock spyder bolt but if you go that route you have to put in both the bolt and sleeve in from the back at the same time.
when I tried that the ram sleeve o-rings got shredded, so I dremeled a slot for a 2k2 timmy bolt.
snprgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 02:31 AM #5
The Inflicted
.detcilfnI ehT

Which version of the Boss was it?
They made a couple different kinds and some look like they might accept an Intimidator front block and others don't.
Of course, you could always tap the front block or side of the gun and mount an autococker LPR, then run that line back to the solenoid...

Also, didn't all of these guns take 'cocker barrels?
The Inflicted is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 09:17 AM #6
customs21
pour la victoire!

From what I understand, later models took Cocker, early took Spyder. I looked further at the body, and actually though out a bit, then realized that I couldn't use it because it was threaded in the front. It was one of the later Boss bodies. Would be good for a Boss to Cocker build though. That is, if the threading matches that of a banjo bolt. Might pick it up to try, it's only $10.