Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-13-2012, 11:53 AM #1
Murph1329

Welfare Work Requirement

In order to get your welfare check you have to be doing something productive, like below....

Employment
Work experience program (WEP)
Job placement by the Human Resources Administration (HRA)
On-the-job training
Job search (for up to 6 weeks)
Community service
Vocational educational training (for up to 12 months)
Providing child care to someone doing community service.

But who the hell likes to work? I know I don't and Obama has your back! He has worked with the department of health and human services to notify states that they may seek a waiver for the program's strict work requirements. Allowing more people to stay on welfare and do....absolutely nothing, maybe they can panhandle for extra untaxed earnings on the side!

More people feeding off the government tit means more Liberal voters! You see when Obama talks about how it's bad that Republicans want you to pick yourself up by the boot straps what he's really saying is that the Democrats want to kick you back in the ditch when you're trying to get out.
ANS Jackhammer | Rex Kit
STO RAM | Air America Black Ice | Shocktech LPC
pic
Forum defeat is admitted when one resorts to grammatical insults -me
We all live with a mark of sin, no man's is greater than another's in his own mind. -me

Last edited by Murph1329 : 07-13-2012 at 11:58 AM.
Murph1329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-13-2012, 12:59 PM #2
EPAPressure
Jobs are for immigrants

Why would I work when I can take the rich mans money?

-Said nobody, ever.

"Originally posted by drgonzo: That doesn't make sense, the people with the most interaction and dependence on government have the most significant stakes and should have the vote if anyone. People who reject government and do not use government services should be denied the vote if anything." ^^FAIL

"Originally posted by Rebeltilldeath3: When I think geocities I think ****ty tiled background and sparkly titles. Think of a minority's myspace page."
EPAPressure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 01:02 PM #3
LOL Renegade

Government spending on handouts has increased exponentially during Obama's administration. There's just not enough restriction and too many grey areas. It's also why people can win the lottery and still be eligible to receive food stamps. They look at your income and not your assets. Lets not forget about all the welfare money spent on the children of illegals either.
LOL Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 01:05 PM #4
Murph1329

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPAPressure View Post
Why would I work when I can take the rich mans money?

what they dont' get is just because you're rich doesn't mean you have your money taxed heavily....there is a big difference between wealth and income. Most of the wealthiest people have no money taken out from income tax....because by definition they have no income.
ANS Jackhammer | Rex Kit
pic
We all live with a mark of sin, no man's is greater than another's in his own mind. -me
Old 07-13-2012, 01:48 PM #5
Swerve22

has been a member for 10 years
Obama is a traitor. Wipes his crease with the constitution.

www.gunfacts.info
Swerve22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 02:12 PM #6
shakeyjonez
In GOD We Trust!

Good thing we have Obamacare so we can go to the hospital when we get sick after using food stamps to buy all this government subsidized food.

"Love those who hurt you the most, because they are probably the ones closest to you.” ― Nikki Sixx
shakeyjonez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 02:15 PM #7
EPAPressure
Jobs are for immigrants

I think food stamps should only be able to purchase things like surplus cheese, surplus bread, surplus canned meat, surplus beans and rice.... you get the idea.

-Said nobody, ever.

"Originally posted by drgonzo: That doesn't make sense, the people with the most interaction and dependence on government have the most significant stakes and should have the vote if anyone. People who reject government and do not use government services should be denied the vote if anything." ^^FAIL

"Originally posted by Rebeltilldeath3: When I think geocities I think ****ty tiled background and sparkly titles. Think of a minority's myspace page."
EPAPressure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 02:51 PM #8
Lazarusrat

Lazarusrat owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murph1329 View Post
In order to get your welfare check you have to be doing something productive, like below....

Employment
Work experience program (WEP)
Job placement by the Human Resources Administration (HRA)
On-the-job training
Job search (for up to 6 weeks)
Community service
Vocational educational training (for up to 12 months)
Providing child care to someone doing community service.

But who the hell likes to work? I know I don't and Obama has your back! He has worked with the department of health and human services to notify states that they may seek a waiver for the program's strict work requirements. Allowing more people to stay on welfare and do....absolutely nothing, maybe they can panhandle for extra untaxed earnings on the side!

More people feeding off the government tit means more Liberal voters! You see when Obama talks about how it's bad that Republicans want you to pick yourself up by the boot straps what he's really saying is that the Democrats want to kick you back in the ditch when you're trying to get out.
Some one once had a program like... Who was that???? Oh yeah it was FDR as a part of his new deal.

So what happend to those programs? Oh yeah a Republican Congress had those programs overturned as unconstitutional because not all Americans could work in order to recieve government money and therefore FDR's work for aid programs where ruled as discriminatory.

Gaa, don't you hate it when your own political gaming comes back to haunt you? If the Republian party in the early 40's would have stayed out it instead of trying to discredit and derail FDR's New Deal you might have something to complain about BUT the Republician themselves created the very mess that you try to blame the Democrats for.
Old 07-13-2012, 03:05 PM #9
Iamamartianchurch

My solution:

Conscript the lower middle class and below at 18 if they are not enrolled in a university. Military will put them to work and pay them.
Iamamartianchurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 03:36 PM #10
Murph1329

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazarusrat View Post
Some one once had a program like... Who was that???? Oh yeah it was FDR as a part of his new deal.

So what happend to those programs? Oh yeah a Republican Congress had those programs overturned as unconstitutional because not all Americans could work in order to recieve government money and therefore FDR's work for aid programs where ruled as discriminatory.

Gaa, don't you hate it when your own political gaming comes back to haunt you? If the Republian party in the early 40's would have stayed out it instead of trying to discredit and derail FDR's New Deal you might have something to complain about BUT the Republician themselves created the very mess that you try to blame the Democrats for.
i'll give liberals credit and i'll give bill clinton credit for passing this welfare reform act that introduced the work requirement...but why the HELL is obama trying to end it? Does he really want a welfare state?

with record numbers on food stamps and obama trying to add more and more people to it and now this action by him I'm starting to really wonder what sort of agenda he has.

The only thing i can think of is a larger base. It's a fact that more people on government welfare end up voting democrat. He doesn't want more middle class, mainly independent, voters.

ANS Jackhammer | Rex Kit
pic

Last edited by Murph1329 : 07-13-2012 at 03:45 PM.
Old 07-13-2012, 03:46 PM #11
licence_to_kill
Bizarro World

licence_to_kill is reppin' sidebar 4 life
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murph1329 View Post
i'll give liberals credit and i'll give bill clinton credit for passing this welfare reform act that introduced the work requirement...but why the HELL is obama trying to end it? Does he really want a welfare state?
he's not you ****ing dolt

"Most Ron Paul supporters are domestic terrorists and racist liberal nazis." - John Elway
licence_to_kill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 03:52 PM #12
Murph1329

Quote:
Originally Posted by licence_to_kill View Post
he's not you ****ing dolt
ah yes you're right he's just trying to sidestep it because he thinks he's above the law....which is much worse in my opinion then going through legal routes to overturn it.
ANS Jackhammer | Rex Kit
pic
Old 07-13-2012, 03:53 PM #13
licence_to_kill
Bizarro World

licence_to_kill is reppin' sidebar 4 life
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill supports DLX Technology
what the **** am i reading

"Most Ron Paul supporters are domestic terrorists and racist liberal nazis." - John Elway
licence_to_kill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 03:54 PM #14
StellarKnight
Mind Erasure

StellarKnight is a Supporting Member
StellarKnight is a founding member
StellarKnight has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by licence_to_kill View Post
what the **** am i reading
It makes sense if you just don't think about it.
Evil presupposes a moral decision, intention, and some forethought. A moron doesn't stop to think or reason. He acts on instinct, like a stable animal, convinced he's doing good, that he's always right, and sanctimoniously proud to go around ****ing up . . .What the world needs is more thoroughly evil people and fewer idiot ****heads.
StellarKnight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 04:45 PM #15
drgonzo
Half-cocked

Holy cow this thread is ignorance upon stupidity. First of all, the OP continues to exhibit no idea of what "welfare" actually is. He seems to conflate it with UI which is not welfare as he thinks of it, in reality little cash assistance is handed out to people who simply are not working.

Some of these things are already required of UI recipients (job searching) and various placement and training resources are available, but these programs are continually underfunded by the politicians the OP supports.

The majority of the things the OP suggests are straight up government giving jobs, which would be a great solution to our problem but again a non-starter for Republican politicians, whose policies have seen government jobs decimated over the past few years.
drgonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 06:14 PM #16
orionz06
Turtle Wrangler

Annual Supporting Member
orionz06 is a Supporting Member
orionz06 is an NCPA player
orionz06 is Immortal
orionz06 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by drgonzo View Post
Holy cow this thread is ignorance upon stupidity. First of all, the OP continues to exhibit no idea of what "welfare" actually is. He seems to conflate it with UI which is not welfare as he thinks of it, in reality little cash assistance is handed out to people who simply are not working.

Some of these things are already required of UI recipients (job searching) and various placement and training resources are available, but these programs are continually underfunded by the politicians the OP supports.

The majority of the things the OP suggests are straight up government giving jobs, which would be a great solution to our problem but again a non-starter for Republican politicians, whose policies have seen government jobs decimated over the past few years.
Are you on welfare?
Penn State Paintball, Alumni #38
☆☆☆ The Departed© #38 ☆☆☆
Erie Fusion (original) #38

"Should you covet what you cannot afford. Maketh more money."
orionz06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 06:24 PM #17
Swerve22

Quote:
The majority of the things the OP suggests are straight up government giving jobs, which would be a great solution to our problem but again a non-starter for Republican politicians,
For serious? Maybe the government should give everybody jobs eh?

www.gunfacts.info
Swerve22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 06:24 PM #18
tsbalr120
Goooonsberry

tsbalr120 is an NCPA player
tsbalr120 is Legendary
Even though I have some problems with the welfare system, this thread has gone full retard.
Old 07-13-2012, 07:43 PM #19
drgonzo
Half-cocked

Quote:
Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
Are you on welfare?
Nope. Are you?
Old 07-13-2012, 08:42 PM #20
orionz06
Turtle Wrangler

Annual Supporting Member
orionz06 is a Supporting Member
orionz06 is an NCPA player
orionz06 is Immortal
orionz06 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Nope. Are you?
Oh, I thought you were. You present yourself as an expert on it, that's all.
Penn State Paintball, Alumni #38
☆☆☆ The Departed© #38 ☆☆☆
Erie Fusion (original) #38

"Should you covet what you cannot afford. Maketh more money."
orionz06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 11:36 PM #21
drgonzo
Half-cocked

Quote:
Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
Oh, I thought you were. You present yourself as an expert on it, that's all.
Oh so the people on so-called welfare are the ones who are experts?