PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-11-2012, 03:09 PM #1
KrazieGuy

KrazieGuy is a founding member
Electronic Hammer? Please Help.

I'm working on a friends eblade and have came across something i'm not familiar with...
The gun has a solinoid that drives the hammer (i think)... The piece plugs into the eblade frame. Its a whole different valve assembly and everything. Here are some pictures. Does anyone know where I can find some information on this setup? As of right now the gun is cocking but not firing... There is no sear, so i'm assuming the valve is struck or opened somehow by this solinoid?

Any help or information is appreciated. Thanks.
KrazieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-11-2012, 03:27 PM #2
Jason_D22

has been a member for 10 years
Look up mq-valve or mq2-valve
Old 07-11-2012, 03:28 PM #3
PaulE2Cocker

PaulE2Cocker owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
you are correct im not sure but this could be an mq1 vaklve ive never seen the first generation i have just mq2 valves same concept.. the one plugged into board should be butted up to the valve the second one just a spacer to hold evrything in place.. i would look up any info on an mq1 valve see what you can find
PaulE2Cocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 03:31 PM #4
PaulE2Cocker

it needs to go into gun with bigger end going into touch valve smaller end on spacer.. idk how it was pulled out but thats what im going with.. i have three mq2s but none look like yours so im just guessing if it was in wrong way there your problem just extra careful not to shear off wires by letting them spin in lower tube when you reinstall..
Old 07-11-2012, 03:40 PM #5
KrazieGuy

Thanks! Is anything supposed to move on it when I pull the trigger? When I plug it into the board and fire the gun nothing moves. Is this normal?
Old 07-11-2012, 03:42 PM #6
KrazieGuy

Let me rephrase that and be a bit more specific...
I currently have the solinoid outside of the gun and just plugged into the eblade. Is there a piece on the soliniod that should move when I pull the trigger, or does it just stay stationary?
Old 07-11-2012, 04:05 PM #7
PaulE2Cocker

believe it sits stationary ive never actually had mine out so to be honest no clue there are some people on this forum that can answer anything hopefully they will jump in soon.. but check for mq forums its an awesome upgrade for any e cocker and when working a blast to shoot..
Old 07-11-2012, 04:31 PM #8
KrazieGuy

With your help i've made some progress, but still not out of the woods...
With everything reassembled I can now get the gun to shoot by turning up the HPR... the problem im having is that when I get enough pressure for the gun to start firing it starts leaking badly out of the valve area. I've taken the valve out, regreased everything, and checked for damaged o-rings... everything looks to be in good condition. Going back in for more research...
Old 07-11-2012, 04:44 PM #9
natezink

go into the timing settings by pushing the button inside of the grip frame. Turn the SON or Solenoid On time to 4 MS. This is the maximum value. I believe it is generally set to 2.5 or 3.5 ms. Generally the leak that you described is caused by the HPA being above 350 or 400 PSI not sure on the exact value here.

Let me know if this solves the problem. If not there are people that know WAY more about MQ's than me and I'm sure they'll be able to help you out.
natezink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 05:22 PM #10
KrazieGuy

Just checked and the SON is set to 4ms. The leak is coming out of the bottom of the gun (above the grip frame). It doesn't start leaking until I turn the HPR in too far (not sure what pressure it's actually at, this gun doesn't have a gauge on it). The gun wont fire until it gets to that point though, just the backblock cycles but no "pop" :/
Old 07-11-2012, 05:23 PM #11
cww516
clever text goes here

cww516 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
That's the original MQ valve, just to clarify. There is something that moves when you pull the trigger, but chances are you won't hear it when it's out of the gun. It's a tiny movement, and all it does is unbalance the pressure around the poppet, making the poppet move.

Like Nate said, you'll want to raise the CON as high as it'll go (should be 4.0ms with that board), and adjust the velocity with the HPR. Make sure the LPR isn't set too low, it usually ends up being set lower than it needs to be on MQ setups because the owner doesn't realize that the pressure needs to be high enough to keep the bolt forward during the shot. If the bolt flies back too much, it can block off the airflow from the valve and decrease the velocity (or cause some pretty serious blowback). You can check to see if that's the issue by turning the LPR down all the way and holding the back block forward while you shoot, and seeing if that helps the velocity.

One other thing, make sure you don't over-tighten the IVG, you could end up crushing the solenoid, which would be bad news.

Edit (regarding your new post, I type slow): make sure the hole in the valve is lined up correctly, that could be part of the issue. You'll probably be pretty close to the point where the HPR leaks when it shoots at your desired velocity, I know my MQ2 is MAYBE 1/16th of a turn below the leak to hit 300 FPS. Also, try a new battery before you waste any more time, MQ valves are really picky, and frequently stop working properly below 50-75% indicated battery life. Has to be a good quality battery, too (Duracell or Energizer), the cheap ones don't work as well.

Last edited by cww516 : 07-11-2012 at 05:27 PM.
cww516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 05:51 PM #12
natezink

http://www.kajohnson.com/page/mqv

That website has TONS of information including a full installation guide. Might check that out and see if anything on there helps you out. From the pictures you took it doesn't look like you took the actual valve section out. Make sure to take that out and lube the o-rings on the poppet of the valve.
natezink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 09:53 PM #13
hmcl281

valve tend to stick

verify your reg pressure also helps, since they are meant to vent at about 325 psi
hmcl281 is offline   Reply With Quote