p8ntcheck45 is a Supporting Member
p8ntcheck45 is a Professional paintball player
p8ntcheck45 is a Paintball photographer
p8ntcheck45 works for a Paintball manufacturer
p8ntcheck45 supports our troops
Update
Quote:
Mr. Hickey,

You say that “in no way do I claim to be a portrait studio.” Actually, you advertised in several ways that you provide studio portraits as one of your services.

First, on your website (http://www.jimmyhickeyphotography.com/) under the “Info” tab you advertise that you have a 5,000 square foot studio with various amenities.

Second, your photo packages on your price list all include studio portraits:
Bronze package
$120
45 minutes
2 locations or studio
(One has to wonder what services you would provide under this package if someone chose the studio instead of the 2 locations.)

Silver package – the one we scheduled
$200
90 minutes
4 locations + studio
(This is the package we scheduled because we wanted both on location and studio)

Gold
$300
120 minutes
Unlimited locations + studio
Third, in your price guide under “Booking your session” use your online booking system to “schedule your studio and/or on-location photo shoot.”

Fourth, on page 4 of your price guide it says, “If your package includes studio shots we will shoot in my studio using different lighting styles and backgrounds.”

Fifth, I specifically asked on the phone about studio portraits in addition to the on location photos, and I even commented on the fact that it would likely be raining on the day of our shoot and so outdoor pictures would not work. You indicated that the weather would not be a problem because of the availability of your studio.

There was another photographer we spoke to who honestly said he did not really have a studio but primarily did on location shoots. We specifically chose you over him, and over an in-studio-only photographer we also spoke to, because you offered BOTH studio and on location in the same photo shoot.

Besides that, the on location and outdoor photos you took on the way to Ground Kontrol were terrible. In spite of the opportunity once we were outside to capture the “lifestyle portraits” you claim are your specialty, you suggested poor backgrounds and shot pictures that clearly show you paid no attention to what you were framing within each photo.

It is unfortunate for you that you spent a few hours on this photo shoot for the $60 deposit, but we wasted the better part of a Sunday only to end up with no useable pictures. We now need to re-do both the family and senior portraits, which will take up more of our time. I see no reason why we should consider removing the dispute on the $790 charge to our credit card and accept your offer of a $650 refund because we didn’t get a “Silver Package” session that included both on location and studio portraits that we can use.
Going to reply saying my studio portraits are not advertised or shown, but offered if requested...knowing this she still booked me. Also mention that the Silver portrait package is simply for the shooting time, and does not guarantee "[photos] we can use" Also checking with my lawyer and my square as well. Frustrating haha
p8ntcheck45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 08:01 PM #571
QuencyJones16
Cause I don't have a gong

QuencyJones16 helped look for balloons
Seems she was just trying to get out of paying for the final cost to me. There's nothing wrong with those photos and they look as great as anything else you put on your site.

She seems as one of those clients who will find anything to complain about, I mean anything. I had a mom from a wedding once who went nuts on me for using a neutral density filer on some photos outside. She said she could tell they had been "filterized" as she put it...

She had also complained that I opened the door too hard when coming to take the getting ready photos. Anything we did, she complained. Bride and groom loved the photos but she complained they were green and there didn't need to be any black and white photos.

Point is, people like to complain.

I use Canon, oh yes.
QuencyJones16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 09:14 PM #572
p8ntcheck45
Hot Bread Z!

Annual Supporting Member
My potential response-
Quote:
Linda and Randy,

You are correct, I do provide studio portraits. However, providing studio portraits and being a portrait studio are two separate things. Almost 100% of my portfolio on my website is on location, outdoors & naturally lit. I am advertised as an "On Location, lifestyle photographer". I do provide indoor portraits if requested, however do not display any of these images as I am a lifestyle photographer and people come to me for that style. I shoot lifestyle in the studio as well, which is why I apply natural light and simple backgrounds. My studio work does not have the traditional studio look that you were looking for, my studio work has a lifestyle feel to it as well. Despite not seeing or requesting to see my studio work, you still chose my services. Had you requested to see a sample of my studio work I would have been more than happy to supply you with samples of various studio work. You blindly put faith in my studio shooting abilities even though my studio shots were not displayed, then complain when they don't live up to your high expectations. While we were shooting you had the opportunity to view the images as they were being created. If there was something fundamentally wrong with them you should have told me while we were shooting and I would have complied. My goal as a photographer is to create images that you enjoy, and as advertised I will do whatever I can to provide images that you enjoy. When I show an image to you guys on my camera and you approve it, I take that as a sign that image is good to go. Had you requested more photos, different poses, backgrounds lighting or more I would have happily let you do this. But this was never the case and therefore did not happen.

I would also like to remind you that I offered you a discount on your family portrait package ($250 off) because I do not normally do family portraits but was willing to do it for you by request.

The family portraits were taken based off of the background requests you had. If you had been more verbal prior to the shoot in regard to your expectations and what you were looking for, I could have provided the background and settings you are looking for.

The comment in regard to the lifestyle portraits seems like you are simply trying to put me down because you are frustrated. The four blocks between my office and Ground Kontrol are fairly uneventful, and it is simply not fair to judge my entire photography career based off of that.

From the first email,

The majority of your complaints involve your beliefs and assumptions, not what was advertised.

I used my lighting because of your request in person, and wasn't planning on using the lights because the majority of my photographs that you saw involved natural light, so I was under the impression that is why you chose my photography services. Again had I known you wanted studio lighting I would have had my assistant there that day to help. I am grateful Benton was friendly enough to help with the set up and expressed my apologies for the delay.

The lighting is technically not washed out, the histogram is clean, and that is a high fashion lighting style. I had no stools because I am a contemporary, lifestyle photographer and do not use stools or chairs when posing. This was your request and I am sorry I was unable to provide that.

Ground Kontrol is an extremely difficult shooting environment, and I gave the images in there everything I could to make them appealing and work with the requested locations there. Happy I was able to create some images that were kind of neat.

The review process or print consultation was entirely up to you in regard to how long it went, if you wanted more time to look over the images, all you had to do was tell me. If you felt like I was rushing you, I apologize.

In regard to your particular complaints,
The window lit portraits could have been adjusted if requested, as well as changed entirely if requested and not okayed while shooting
I tried my best to create strong images on our way to Ground Kontrol, but those four blocks are uneventful and would not have been suggested for locations.
8 out of 39 images in the arcade are of Benton with his Sonic thumbs up, this is 20.51% not 80%. In regard to the photos being more about the game that him, that is entirely opinion as they are environmental portraits.
Again, had you requested no shadows, (Rembrandt lighting style) or different poses I would have complied. Sitting style poses for family portraits are something I do not suggest or ideally shoot, which is why they were not made available. However if requested sitting style portraits I could have provided more seating.
Casual family portraits would have been better outside as suggested, and again we could have shot more poses, style and locations if requested.
Images of the family dog were thrown in to be friendly. They were not paid for or included with any of the purchases. Bringing up the snapshots of your dog as an issue with the shoot as a whole communicates to me that you are being overly critical.
I did fix the images to the best of my ability. The images are exposed correctly, histograms are clean (ie no washed out images or colors), the images are sharp, dress was fixed and more. Had you mentioned something was wrong with the images or my processing, I would have gone in and fixed whatever was requested. This additional post processing was done at no charge because I had fun on our shoot and I wanted to be friendly.

I have already offered a full refund on the $450 Carnation print package, as well as the discounted $200 family portrait. The $140 remaining on the Silver package is non refundable. I am sorry the photographs are not "images [you] can use" but you paid for a 90 minute photoshoot, which is exactly what is advertised and exactly what you received.

I have spoken with my lawyer and financial advisor with this issue and this will be my last time contacting you in regard to this. If you chose to cancel the chargeback let me know and I will refund you the remaining money via mail or paypal.
Old 11-25-2012, 09:22 PM #573
QuencyJones16

Said everything you needed to.

I use Canon, oh yes.
Old 11-27-2012, 11:21 AM #574
PaintedSaint
lsdpsilocybinmarijuanadmt

http://www.jordanmanley.com/
blog.
PaintedSaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 01:50 PM #575
p8ntcheck45
Hot Bread Z!

Annual Supporting Member
^ very distinct style, but having to click each number to see the photo was annoying. Some cool shots in there for sure
Old 11-27-2012, 02:00 PM #576
fainerbainer
CK

fainerbainer has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
fainerbainer has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
fainerbainer has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by p8ntcheck45 View Post
^ very distinct style, but having to click each number to see the photo was annoying. Some cool shots in there for sure
same here. I looked at a few and was like, "cool, aww, dang...not gonna click anymore."
fainerbainer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 02:05 PM #577
p8ntcheck45
Hot Bread Z!

Annual Supporting Member
Exactly! haha
Old 11-27-2012, 02:06 PM #578
p8ntcheck45
Hot Bread Z!

Annual Supporting Member
Oh any suggestions for my desk/office space? have a cell phone holder, newtons cradle, ringlight/magnifying glass, ring holder, magnets, gack, little parachute man, other tidbits like fools gold and army soldier...wanna lava lamp and some other neat stuff...suggestions? haha

edit: just realized this would be a good FB post, I am genuinely curious what would make my desk situation more enjoyable haha
Old 11-27-2012, 02:20 PM #579
fainerbainer
CK

fainerbainer has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
fainerbainer has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
fainerbainer has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Bowl of candy, on the front of the desk so if anyone comes in they have that as an option.
fainerbainer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 02:40 PM #580
p8ntcheck45
Hot Bread Z!

Annual Supporting Member
Good call, also need to have some beverages stocked up in the fridge, we have a wine fridge as well haha
Old 11-27-2012, 03:14 PM #581
texaspaintballplpaye

Annual Supporting Member
texaspaintballplpaye is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
texaspaintballplpaye is a Paintball photographer
You need a useless box.
texaspaintballplpaye is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 07:06 PM #582
p8ntcheck45
Hot Bread Z!

Annual Supporting Member
Really weird seeing my photos in a memorial video:/
Old 11-27-2012, 07:26 PM #583
reddogphoto
BECAUSE ST:P

Beautiful young lady, what happened to her?

My name is Ted and I produce photos. Sometimes I get a decent one.
5px
http://reddogvisuals.com
reddogphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 09:58 PM #584
PaintedSaint
lsdpsilocybinmarijuanadmt

she died
blog.
PaintedSaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 10:18 PM #585
reddogphoto
BECAUSE ST:P

I was able to infer that. I was curious about the circumstances.

My name is Ted and I produce photos. Sometimes I get a decent one.
5px
http://reddogvisuals.com
reddogphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 10:45 PM #586
QuencyJones16

Sorry for the loss man. Things like that sadly happen way too much these days.

I use Canon, oh yes.
Old 11-28-2012, 12:17 AM #587
Cmizzle
Full Time Tape Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaintedSaint View Post
she died
Cmizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:53 AM #588
p8ntcheck45
Hot Bread Z!

Annual Supporting Member
some dude was driving her and they got hit...guess he was a wreckless driver..sucks she was a really nice girl. Her candle lit vigil was tonight...gave a lil speech