Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-04-2012, 09:24 PM #463
pbjunkiee
Go big or go home

Bike guys, i need innnnppppuuuuuttttttt i dont know shart about this thing, seems like a good deal though?

st:p hk trollfest 8-29-11
pbjunkiee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-04-2012, 10:13 PM #464
p8ntcheck45
Hot Bread Z!

Annual Supporting Member
p8ntcheck45 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
p8ntcheck45 is a Professional paintball player
p8ntcheck45 is a Paintball photographer
p8ntcheck45 works for a Paintball manufacturer
Anyone care to see my new price list for 2013? Rough prices thus far, curious what you guys think this is my rough draft, w/ notes. Pretty much raising all of my prices. Trying to make my Gold and cyan combination most appealing.

Lowest package combo last year was $320, now its $450. Only had one or two people go at the lowest package, so hopefully this shift works.

Edit: Updated with todays new stuff to add haha still needs to be tweaked and what not
Quote:
Page 2
Booking your session:
Senior Portrait Sessions are split into two packages. Your Portrait Package & your Print Package

Use the “Online Portrait Booking” link to book your photoshoot. Simply chose your Portrait Package, the date that works best for you and fill out the online form. You will then receive a confirmation email.

Chose Your Package → Book Online → Photoshoot → Print Consultation

Deposit or full payment for portrait package must be made while booking online
Payment for print package must be made at the Print Consultation
Credit Card, Paypal (logos) cash & check accepted

Page 3
Photo Packages:
Chose the print package that is best for you prior to booking.

All packages are designed with the client in mind, and are open to many unique locations in Portland and surrounding areas.

Bronze
Great for someone who wants some simple, quick yet interesting on location senior portraits.
$150
2 locations or Studio
1 outfit

Silver
This package allows enough time to get a variety of locations & styles.
$230
90 minutes
2 outfits
4 locations + Studio

Gold
This is the most popular package for a good reason! The two hours of shooting time helps build a strong photographer – model relationship, not to mention it allows for an abundance of unique photographs to be created.
$300
120 minutes
Up to 5 outfits
Unlimited locations + Studio

Themed
Designed for someone who wants images that are truly unique. We will go the extra mile to create the best images possible. Off camera lighting, props & more. Perfect if you want images to carry out a specific theme or go to a special location. Rooftop view of the city, private theatre, inside a giant stadium or whatever you can dream up. We will do whatever we can to get the best locations possible.
$450
150 minutes
Unlimited outfits
Unlimited locations
Unique Location Scouting

Hair styling:
$40
Makeup:
$60

Page 5:

Print Packages:
After the photoshoot, we will have the print consultation. At this time we will go over the images and chose your favorites. At this point you will order your print package.

Prints are valued in “Print Credits” Example 20 print credits purchases one 4x6 print valued at 20 print credits.

Carmine: $300
200 print credits
5 medium watermarked image downloads
30 image Online gallery
Yearbook Photo

Sample of order:
24 wallet prints, 8x10 print, (2) 5x7 prints, (3)4x6 prints

Carnation: $450
450 print credits
Custom collage frames
Boutique packaging
20 Large image downloads
Full select image gallery
Yearbook Photo

Sample of order:
48 wallet prints, 11x14print, (3) 8x10prints, (3) 5x7prints, (2) 4x6 prints

Cyan: $650 * Most popular *
600 print credits
Custom collage frames
7x7 photo book or 5x7 metal print
Boutique packaging
Full large image downloads
Yearbook Photo

Sample of order:
48 wallets, 5x7 metal print, 11x14 print, (4) 8x10 prints, (5) 5x7 prints, (5) 4x6 prints,

Super: $1050
700 print credits
Custom 8x10 photo book or 8x10 canvas wrap
7x7 photo book or 5x7 metal print
Custom collage Frames
Photo CD
Boutique packaging
Full resolution image downloads
Yearbook photo

Sample of order:
11x13 photo book, 5x7 metal print, 100 wallets, (2) 11x14 print, (4) 8x10 prints, (5) 5x7 prints, (3) 4x6 prints

Ultra: $1600
900 print credits
Large custom 11x13 photo book or 11x14 canvas wrap
7x7 photo book
8x10 metal print
Custom collage frames
Photo CD
Boutique Packaging
Full resolution image downloads
Yearbook Photo

Sample of order:
11x13 photo book, 7x7 custom designed book, 200 wallets, 8x10 metal print, 16x20 print, (2) 11x14 prints, (2) 8x10 prints, (3) 5x7 prints, (4) 4x6

Page 6

Individual print pricing
4x6 – 20
5x7 – 30
8x10 - 45
11x14 – 90
16x20 – 200
20x30 – 300

Luster – Glossy – Matte

Fine Art Metal or Canvas Wrapped Prints
5x7 - 200
8x10 – 350
11x14 – 500

Wallets:
x24 – 70
x48 - 130
x100 – 200
x150 - 300
x200 - 350

Custom designed photo books
12 page custom book
7x7 – 350
8x10 – 500
11x13 – 600

20+ page custom book
7x7 – 450
8x10 – 600
11x13 – 700

Custom Graduation announcements
$50

page 7

On the day of the photoshoot:

We will meet at my studio at your scheduled shooting time. Please arrive early if you scheduled hair & makeup.We can start with some studio shots here if desired or go right to the first location of your choice. Bridges, beaches, the woods, downtown, uptown, industrial parks, you name it, we'll shoot there! If you are unsure of where you want your photos taken you can chose from my long list of unique location. No shoot is ever exactly the same, so you are guaranteed unique photos!

What to bring:
Clothing changes
Props if desired (athletic gear, musical instruments, art piece etc)
Hair Spray
Comfortable shoes
mp3 player so we can listen to your favorite music while we shoot!
A friend!

Page 8

During the shoot:
We will be traveling around the Portland area from location to location. We can take my car, yours, caravan or walk to the locations. At each location we will create a variety of different style photos and looks. Some extra time is allowed depending on time spent traveling. I specialize in making you feel comfortable, so even if you have no experience in front of a camera, no worries! This is a stress free, fun, shooting environment and as a result we will create some strong, natural photos of you being...you! We can have Macklemore bumping, we might find ourselves jumping over a creek or rolling own a hill. These photoshoots are FUN and are never a dull experience.

After the shoot:
We will return to my studio and begin the print consultation. Your parents can meet us at this time. The photos will import to my computer and we can then chose your favorite photos from the day. From there we will go over my print packages & products and you will chose your print package that works best for you. Your images will have a simple, yet precise edit before uploaded to your private online gallery which will be up within 72 hours. Prints will be ready within 2 weeks of being ordered.

Note:
Portrait session & print package payment must be complete before online gallery is available
If a parent is unable to attend the print consultation, it must be scheduled within 2 weeks of the shoot or paid for by senior.
Please have an idea or a rough list of the prints you will be needing for friends & family.
Accept Cash, check, credit cards & Paypal

Page 9
Social networking! -[ FB, twitter, Instagram, myspace, bebo, G+, tumblr, logos,]
These photos are fun and are meant to be shared with your friends! Which is why all packages now include free downloads- a rare thing in the Portland area. We would love for you to tag us in the title, and will be sure to throw in extra prints for the trouble

Referral Program-
Refer a friend and they will get 10% off all portrait packages & you will get a gift card to the location of your choice. Simply have them fill out your name in the “where did you here about us” box.

page 11

Custom book text:

Custom photo book

Unlike traditional portrait photography, lifestyle imagery creates a story of photographs that capture your emotion and the fun we had on the shoot. What better way to preserve those memories than in a photo book containing all of the best photos from the day? No longer are you limited to just printed & framed photos. Perfect for the coffee table, these photo books are a conversation piece that all can enjoy. Starting a new trend in 2012, these custom designed photo books are now being used as guest books for friends and family to sign at your graduation party or ceremony. All books are made by our in house graphic designer and are designed with you in mind. Additional quotes, poems, photos and more are available at no additional charge. These books are a hit and are revolutionizing the senior portrait world.

Last edited by p8ntcheck45 : 11-06-2012 at 04:44 AM.
p8ntcheck45 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 01:16 AM #465
p8ntcheck45
Hot Bread Z!

Annual Supporting Member
haha price list scared everyone away for a full day
Old 11-06-2012, 05:07 AM #466
reddogphoto
BECAUSE ST:P

Out of curiosity Jimmy, why did you go with the point system rather than outright pricing for prints?

My name is Ted and I produce photos. Sometimes I get a decent one.
5px
http://reddogvisuals.com
reddogphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 04:32 PM #467
Bluewolf
ǝıd

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddogphoto View Post
Out of curiosity Jimmy, why did you go with the point system rather than outright pricing for prints?
This.

I just cancelled my pre-order for the GoPro. I decided I'm going to wait for the price to drop a little bit. I don't feel the need to be an early adopter anymore.

That may change when I get my Christmas bonus
Old 11-06-2012, 04:57 PM #468
shark6428

shark6428 is a Paintball photographer
I'm going to guess it's the same reason that things like arcades use tokens or cards with points instead of straight cash. There's a disconnect when you're not spending actual money directly. It doesn't feel the same and people tend to spend more this way. Sure, someone can do the math and find that the actual value is lesser/greater than someone else, but most people won't.

What bothers me about those packages is that they're inconsistent in the naming. Carmine is a very unusual color that no one recognizes, carnation is a flower, cyan is a more recognizable but still unusual color, and then it goes to super and ultra. Unlike the photo packages, there's not a regular, easy to remember pattern here. To someone reading them and trying to remember, they'll have no idea what order carnation, cyan, and carmine go in or what one has that another doesn't.

Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
shark6428 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 01:35 AM #469
p8ntcheck45
Hot Bread Z!

Annual Supporting Member
Exactly, when people spend 20 print credits on a 4x6 they are not thinking they are spending 20 dollars on a 4x6. Which most of them know is only a .19 print. Just easier to justify spending so much on prints.

In regard to pricing, it's all based off of colors that start with a C. We go over the prices in person so they don't really need to be remembered. Although I guess its better they remember the print package name then remember it by the price...either way, I want my top 2 packages to stand out so they have different names.

Had one senior this season spend $3350...hardcore haha

Seniors are my bread and butter since they are fun and simple and pay well. Raising all of my prices this year since barely anyone went with my bottom tier this season. Trying to build my other photo work up to slowly back away from seniors but for now they keep me fed haha
Old 11-07-2012, 12:24 PM #470
reddogphoto

Cool, thanks for the insight Jimmy!

5px
Old 11-07-2012, 12:52 PM #471
Cmizzle
Full Time Tape Head

Washington and Colorado doing it big
Cmizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 02:01 PM #472
max's GDT
aka DAYMAN

max's GDT is playing at Living Legends III
max's GDT supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmizzle View Post
Washington and Colorado doing it big
yuuuuuuup
Old 11-07-2012, 05:08 PM #473
reddogphoto

Bringing it up here so as not to clutter the WDYS thread, would anyone here be interested in doing an 'edit my RAW' thread here? I have a fat hosting plan, so I can host the files for download, and put up maybe two a week or so and those that want can pull, edit, and post their result. I know Jared Polin does something similar, but this would be on a smaller, ST: P kind of scale. LMK and I'd be happy to organize it.

5px
Old 11-07-2012, 05:11 PM #474
Hobbes The Tiger
Big Gulps, huh?

Annual Supporting Member
Hobbes The Tiger is a Moderator
Hobbes The Tiger is BST Trusted
Hobbes The Tiger is a Paintball photographer
Hobbes The Tiger is playing at Living Legends VII
Hobbes The Tiger supports our troops
Hobbes The Tiger is attending Decay of Nations VI
Just be extremely, extremely careful with that. Come up with a cataloging system or something so that we know who's image belongs to who.

EDIT: I don't see that thread lasting very long either because Nathan is a ****ing magician with RAW images and would put us all to shame with his edits.

Follow PbNation: Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

@DABPhoto: Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube
Hobbes The Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 06:22 PM #475
reddogphoto

Plan would be like this:
  • Someone submits their image to me along with their information. This is a voluntary submission, since they're releasing the RAW file for public download and post processing, the uploader is essentially handing out personal usage rights.
  • I rename the file with its own unique ID on my end, keying that to a file where I keep the uploader's name and email.
  • The file is hosted, probably a week at a time, then pulled from the server and archived.
  • New files go up the following week from the pool.

Anyone that does an edit should be prepared to give a brief explanation of their process for that photo. I'm not really into the whole distributing presets thing, as it's not helping anyone be better or enhance their workflow. It's giving them a fish, rather than teaching them to fish. If the photoshop heavy hitters out there want to take part, I welcome them. The whole point of the exercise is to make people better at what they do, and it's only enhanced if the best in their field share what makes them that way.

If people are cool with it and want it to happen, I'm happy to put down the effort. If it's a nonstarter, then it's not like I've lost anything.

5px
Old 11-07-2012, 07:39 PM #476
pbjunkiee
Go big or go home

Sounds like a bit of work....

Old 11-07-2012, 08:49 PM #477
fainerbainer
CK

fainerbainer has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
fainerbainer has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
fainerbainer has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
if you were to organize it I'd totally be down and actually record what I do and then throw it up on vimeo and/or youtube and teach through it on what does what
fainerbainer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 06:24 AM #478
Rebeltilldeath3
Suicide Messiah

Rebeltilldeath3 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Looking for words of wisdom and/or advice. I'm trying to get my photography off the ground here and there is practically zero interest at this point. I'm pulling my hair out and beginning to doubt my work. I see people paying for utter garbage and it's so damn frustrating. I really don't know what my moves should be from this point, I feel like I'm running in circles.

ETA: Kinda answered my own question this morning. Realized my development is filled with soccer moms, found they have a facebook, open invitation to a contest for a free session..... ****s flooding in right now lol
How I'd miss all the whiskey an' women.
I tried to be true, but it's all I can do,
Keepin' up with the Jonesin'

Last edited by Rebeltilldeath3 : 11-08-2012 at 10:10 AM.
Rebeltilldeath3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 12:35 PM #479
pbjunkiee
Go big or go home

Saw skyfall last night

twas epic, deff gonna go see it again for its awesome

Old 11-08-2012, 01:30 PM #480
fainerbainer
CK

fainerbainer has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
fainerbainer has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
fainerbainer has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
an idea for the RAW thing. Why don't the people who want to participate just do a dropbox account and then throw it in there. Or even just export the RAW to .jpg and drop it in a shared flickr account and then post here. There's other possibilities too.
fainerbainer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 02:24 PM #481
jedi1354

jedi1354 is a Supporting Member
anyone watch homeland. just got into it. ****s good
Old 11-08-2012, 02:47 PM #482
pbjunkiee
Go big or go home

Yea, you watch the first season?