Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-09-2012, 09:19 PM #1
Mjblount
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Just picked up a creed

Hey guys like the title says i just snagged myself a v1 creed. Now it does not leak or anything but the grips are pretty worn and the usb charging cover is torn off. Now my question is what is the cheapest place i can buy these items from (grips and back pad), i already checked vanguardus but wanted to see if there was anything cheaper. Also while im at it i might pick up v2 parts. What parts make the most differnece? the Ram, bolt, or poppit?
All help is appreciated.


Also i found that just buying a pooty bolt is only a little more expensive than the v2 so is that any good?
Mjblount is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-10-2012, 11:02 AM #2
monkeyballer099639
monkeyballer
 
monkeyballer099639's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Redlands
Annual Supporting Member
monkeyballer099639 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
monkeyballer099639 plays in the APPA D4 division
monkeyballer099639 supports DLX Technology
How do you know its a V1? Most creeds on the market are V2 since they had an exchange program for any V1 creeds to get a V2 creed. Most V1 were traded in. Only a few are still out there, most are in the hands of the factory techs and reps.
__________________
IE Resistance
FUGO Pump


Evolution Sports
Zombie Unicorn Attack
monkeyballer099639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 02:58 PM #3
Reaper (ACI)
We're Weird
 
Reaper (ACI)'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Beaverton, OR
Reaper (ACI) works for a Paintball manufacturer
Reaper (ACI) donated to help Peyton Trent
Reaper (ACI) is for the Gunfight
Reaper (ACI) is for the Gunfight
I have those parts too, but you'll find the prices are going to be the same because those parts are only available from Factory Techs/Warranty Repair Centers and have to be priced per Vanguard standard pricing.
__________________
VANGUARD CERTIFIED MASTER TECH
Dead Box Sports
West Coast Parts, Service, Warranty, and Distribution
www.deadboxsports.com

I have LEGO Paintballer Mini Figs
Reaper (ACI) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 05:40 PM #4
Mjblount
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyballer099639 View Post
How do you know its a V1? Most creeds on the market are V2 since they had an exchange program for any V1 creeds to get a V2 creed. Most V1 were traded in. Only a few are still out there, most are in the hands of the factory techs and reps.
Its got the black bolt instead of the white one, all metal ram instead of metal/delrin, and I'm not sure about the poppet don't really know what they changed with that but I'm sure it's a v1 too.
Mjblount is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 05:43 PM #5
Mjblount
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper (ACI) View Post
I have those parts too, but you'll find the prices are going to be the same because those parts are only available from Factory Techs/Warranty Repair Centers and have to be priced per Vanguard standard pricing.
Ok. And do you mean you have v1 parts too? If so have you had any problems? Or do you know if it's even worth it to upgrade to v2 parts?
Mjblount is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 05:58 PM #6
jason_vanguard
Valveflow Ltd
 
jason_vanguard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
jason_vanguard works for a Paintball manufacturer
jason_vanguard is for the Gunfight
jason_vanguard is for the Gunfight
If its v1 which i doubt, you cannot put v2 parts in it, mainly valve body. Sounds like you have a v2 all metal ram is fine so is the black bolt. Check the threads and you will get the info you need.
__________________
Jason
Valveflow Ltd

jason_vanguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 06:59 PM #7
Reaper (ACI)
We're Weird
 
Reaper (ACI)'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Beaverton, OR
Reaper (ACI) works for a Paintball manufacturer
Reaper (ACI) donated to help Peyton Trent
Reaper (ACI) is for the Gunfight
Reaper (ACI) is for the Gunfight
As Jason Said, that's not necessarily (and very unlikely) a V1. Check where the front frame screw is located, inside or outside the trigger frame. Outside = V2. Inside = V1.

As far as upgrading the parts in your stock V2 Creed. I haven't found it to be a big necessity. The Delrin bolt is a nice upgrade from the Stock Black Bolt, but the lightweight Ram didn't really change anything for me. You can lower your operating pressure a little bit, but not a lot.

I have the Delrin Bolt with X-Rings in stock. I also have the lightweight poppet. I do not have a lightweight Ram in stock, nor do I have any dual o-ring LPR pistons. Neither of which really changed anything for me in my Creed.

If you want the Dual O-ring LPR Piston, I believe www.aggressivesports.net still has it stock. It doesn't look like they have the Lightweight Ram though.

Funny, I have what they don't, they have what I don't.
__________________
VANGUARD CERTIFIED MASTER TECH
Dead Box Sports
West Coast Parts, Service, Warranty, and Distribution
www.deadboxsports.com

I have LEGO Paintballer Mini Figs
Reaper (ACI) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 07:23 PM #8
Mjblount
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Ah ok thanks guys I thought the thing that made a v1 and v2 was that ram and everything so thanks for clearing that up! So yes it is infact a v2. And you said the bolt made more of a difference than the ram, I see pooty has a v2 pooty'd bolt that's only a little more expensive, if you've had any experience with that would it be worth it?

Also I must say this creed is absolutely gorgeous and shoots very Very nice.


*edit
I just wanted to add I probably won't upgrade anything on it just yet. I was just wanting to see what's available and if it would be worth it later on down the road.

Last edited by Mjblount : 07-10-2012 at 07:27 PM.
Mjblount is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 04:31 AM #9
Shortbuscrew
 
 
Shortbuscrew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Canada
Annual Supporting Member
Shortbuscrew owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Shortbuscrew is for the Gunfight
Shortbuscrew is for the Gunfight
Shortbuscrew owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjblount View Post
Hey guys like the title says i just snagged myself a v1 creed. Now it does not leak or anything but the grips are pretty worn and the usb charging cover is torn off. Now my question is what is the cheapest place i can buy these items from (grips and back pad), i already checked vanguardus but wanted to see if there was anything cheaper. Also while im at it i might pick up v2 parts. What parts make the most differnece? the Ram, bolt, or poppit?
All help is appreciated.


Also i found that just buying a pooty bolt is only a little more expensive than the v2 so is that any good?
I looked through some posts of yours, you bought a black and blue creed, it is infact a v2, how do i know? like they said below where the frame screw is, its on the outside of the trigger guard, meaning its a v2.

Just because the bolt is black does not mean its a v1 or v2, white is the delrin bolt, and the stock bolts were black for the longest time that i remember. you have v2 parts, i would only recommend really a pooty bolt and LP poppet(stainless steel is how you find out)

Take apart your gun and upload some pictures and we can tell you or not if its upgraded

The piston on the LPR (does it have 1 oring or 2?)
The Rammer (kind of hollow inside?)
The Poppet (stainless steel)?

Take pictures of those parts.
Shortbuscrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 04:34 AM #10
Shortbuscrew
 
 
Shortbuscrew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Canada
Annual Supporting Member
Shortbuscrew owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Shortbuscrew is for the Gunfight
Shortbuscrew is for the Gunfight
Shortbuscrew owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjblount View Post
Ah ok thanks guys I thought the thing that made a v1 and v2 was that ram and everything so thanks for clearing that up! So yes it is infact a v2. And you said the bolt made more of a difference than the ram, I see pooty has a v2 pooty'd bolt that's only a little more expensive, if you've had any experience with that would it be worth it?

Also I must say this creed is absolutely gorgeous and shoots very Very nice.


*edit
I just wanted to add I probably won't upgrade anything on it just yet. I was just wanting to see what's available and if it would be worth it later on down the road.
I can answer your pooty bolt question, it differs from gun to gun, you may need smaller x-rings or larger ones on the bolt itself, i would just buy one direct from him since its about 10-15$ more or so, and is cheaper than buying one and sending it his way anyways. He typically has 1-2 on hand and can send one out quickly, saves on shipping too instead of 2 ways and turn around time. I had to get bigger xrings on mine to see a difference, i got about a 30FPS increase with mine.
Shortbuscrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 09:43 AM #11
Mjblount
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Already been handled with posts above. I have the full metal ram, delrin poppet, single oring lpr. Yes the screw was on outside. It was my mistake for thinking that the only difference between a v1 and v2 was the parts. Although there is not a dhole lot of info about this gun floating around so when I read that there are v1 and v2 parts I assumed that's what the difference was.
Also I'm not saying that they are specifically v1 and v2 parts just the upgraded parts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shortbuscrew View Post
I looked through some posts of yours, you bought a black and blue creed, it is infact a v2, how do i know? like they said below where the frame screw is, its on the outside of the trigger guard, meaning its a v2.

Just because the bolt is black does not mean its a v1 or v2, white is the delrin bolt, and the stock bolts were black for the longest time that i remember. you have v2 parts, i would only recommend really a pooty bolt and LP poppet(stainless steel is how you find out)

Take apart your gun and upload some pictures and we can tell you or not if its upgraded

The piston on the LPR (does it have 1 oring or 2?)
The Rammer (kind of hollow inside?)
The Poppet (stainless steel)?

Take pictures of those parts.
Mjblount is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump