Closed Thread

Old 07-13-2012, 08:13 AM #106
WorldStrike
PBN's Dick

WorldStrike supports Bob Gurnsey
WorldStrike posts videos on PbNation
WorldStrike has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
WorldStrike has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Olive Garden? Damn, she must feel special.
Says she don't see what all the ticking's for
Old 07-13-2012, 08:16 AM #107
black_angus
hooah hooah hooah hooah

I took my ex to Olive Garden once. I had $30 in gift cards from after-prom, so we pretty much ate for free.
Hate the Cowboys? Show it here.
Old 07-13-2012, 08:35 AM #108
#YOLO
DWB

Your prom date wasnt mad that you didnt take him?
Old 07-13-2012, 08:39 AM #109
black_angus
hooah hooah hooah hooah

That was just a prison thing.
Old 07-13-2012, 08:59 AM #110
hsilman
Disgustipated

So, we live in NYC which probably has the largest number of awesome italian restaurants outside of freaking Italy. We've been to a number of amazing ones.

The wife still prefers Olive Garden. I seriously bertstare her every single time she suggests it. She had me take her there for her birthday one year, even. She also absolutely loves Red Lobster, though to be fair, most of the seafood places we've been to haven't been particularly impressive to me, given the cost. Even if they have amazing reviews.

On a completely different note, I'm a little concerned about my muscle soreness. Ever since my squat/frsq/rdl workout on monday(well really, since tuesday morning) my hamstrings and hip abductors have been RIDICULOUSLY sore. Like, hurts to sit down, and hobbled when I walked sore. They were getting better yesterday, and they are much better today, but still not 100%. They are tender to the touch, but they don't generally affect my walking anymore.

Honestly, never had DOMS like this before. I know it's mostly because I'm in a deficit and still pushing the weight up, and I'm also sort of happy because it's a good indication that I got my form on RDLs really solid. But it's pretty annoying, all things considered. I was hoping to ride my bicycle to work a few times this week, and I just couldn't manage it. Hope it doesn't affect my deadlifts today, and hopefully it'll be gone tomorrow for my hike.
Old 07-13-2012, 09:19 AM #111
nightcrewcaptain

I haven't quite had DOMS as bad as you described, but just recently incorporating RDL's into my lifts has definitely killed my ***/hammies for a few days afterwards. Like you said, obviously lets me know I'm hitting them RDL's right, and that those areas were lacking, even though I've always done regular DL's.

And then riding my bike, gat dayum brosephus!! I'm convinced RDL's are one of the best exercises for cyclists, especially for climbers.
Old 07-13-2012, 09:29 AM #112
Barber
Moose Krew.

has been a member for 10 years
Barber plays in the PSP
Barber plays in the APPA D4 division
I feel you on the leg DOMS, I've had the same thing happen to me. In fact I can still feel some lingering soreness in my hams after working them on Monday.

Have you done any stretching? Normally once I stretch out a little and loosen up most of the soreness goes away unless I'm really looking for it. Some weeks standing up and sitting down is a real ***** though no matter what I do.
Old 07-13-2012, 09:40 AM #113
hsilman
Disgustipated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barber View Post
I feel you on the leg DOMS, I've had the same thing happen to me. In fact I can still feel some lingering soreness in my hams after working them on Monday.

Have you done any stretching? Normally once I stretch out a little and loosen up most of the soreness goes away unless I'm really looking for it. Some weeks standing up and sitting down is a real ***** though no matter what I do.
I stretch, foam roll, and do other mobility drills 3-5x per week. Every lifting day and occasionally off days.

I also use a lacross ball on some stuff when I feel the need. My wife will mash my calves and shoulders/upper back for me if I ask her to. She's been wrecking my calves for me every night this week since they got super tight from running on Sunday.
Old 07-13-2012, 10:15 AM #114
black_angus
hooah hooah hooah hooah

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsilman View Post
So, we live in NYC which probably has the largest number of awesome italian restaurants outside of freaking Italy. We've been to a number of amazing ones.

The wife still prefers Olive Garden. I seriously bertstare her every single time she suggests it. She had me take her there for her birthday one year, even. She also absolutely loves Red Lobster, though to be fair, most of the seafood places we've been to haven't been particularly impressive to me, given the cost. Even if they have amazing reviews.

On a completely different note, I'm a little concerned about my muscle soreness. Ever since my squat/frsq/rdl workout on monday(well really, since tuesday morning) my hamstrings and hip abductors have been RIDICULOUSLY sore. Like, hurts to sit down, and hobbled when I walked sore. They were getting better yesterday, and they are much better today, but still not 100%. They are tender to the touch, but they don't generally affect my walking anymore.

Honestly, never had DOMS like this before. I know it's mostly because I'm in a deficit and still pushing the weight up, and I'm also sort of happy because it's a good indication that I got my form on RDLs really solid. But it's pretty annoying, all things considered. I was hoping to ride my bicycle to work a few times this week, and I just couldn't manage it. Hope it doesn't affect my deadlifts today, and hopefully it'll be gone tomorrow for my hike.
Red Lobster is better seafood than Olive Garden is italian. That being said, I've only been to Olive Garden once, and I don't go to Red Lobster very often anyway.

Once a year, this town about 10 minutes from here does a surf and turf, done by the firemen. This year was my first year doing it and it was ****ing awesome.
Old 07-13-2012, 10:38 AM #115
FHS JewFro
black AND white

welcome to the game of sever DOMS harry

my legs are ****in trashed from back squats, front squats, and bb hack squats on Thursday, and 3 hours of basketball on Wednesday. And im going to play basketball today after i rail dis bish (), deer god my legs are like jelly already

brb cramping up during sex. yes, this has happened to me before lmao
brb nice shower and lots of stretching before she gets to my house
brb i know you dont care
"Originally posted by ']TSS[ Dake: You guys are ridiculous, haha. Thanks though, just tryna look like a shaved ape. And the half foot of height Lurk has in me will always make my physique less impressive :tup:"

"Originally posted by WorldStrike: Drop the ego. The weights on the bar will lie to you, the mirror never will."
Old 07-13-2012, 11:03 AM #116
hsilman
Disgustipated

awww, they grow up so fast.
Old 07-13-2012, 11:42 AM #117
Mr.Familiar
We're all the same

Today for breakfast we have, oats, blueberries, hemp hearts, and leftover steak.

Poor man, living a rich life
"Lay your facts by the side of every-day practices of this nation and you will say with me that, for revolting barbarity and shameless hypocrisy, America reigns without a rival." -Frederick Douglass
Old 07-13-2012, 11:48 AM #118
black_angus
hooah hooah hooah hooah

My body was not ready for this cut.
Old 07-13-2012, 11:52 AM #119
CobraXX
Klasic

Harry, remember when you said you were insusceptible to DOMS?
"Basically just take control of your life man and transcend your environment. Realize there is no need to be bored when there is nearly an infinite amount of mysteries yet to be discovered in our universe. Even closer to infinite is the things you have yet to learn in life, that you could be learning everyday. Don't take any second of your life for granted man."
Old 07-13-2012, 12:14 PM #120
hsilman
Disgustipated

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraXX View Post
Harry, remember when you said you were insusceptible to DOMS?
oh you.
Old 07-13-2012, 12:27 PM #121
]TSS[ Dake
Insight and Hilarity

leg DOMS has woken me up two nights in a row now

fak u lerqueer

Bats make the world a better place. To find out how and sponsor them, click here.
Old 07-13-2012, 12:36 PM #122
]TSS[ Dake
Insight and Hilarity

temped to drop the cheeky **** m8 copypasta on JRod's status

Bats make the world a better place. To find out how and sponsor them, click here.
Old 07-13-2012, 03:07 PM #123
Lurker27
Engineering the Future

Annual Supporting Member
Lurker27 is a Supporting Member
Lurker27 posts videos on PbNation
Lurker27 has been published on the PbNation Youtube Channel
Dake if it makes you feel better my chest is annihilated
Old 07-13-2012, 03:10 PM #124
]TSS[ Dake
Insight and Hilarity

It does, because I'm sick like that.

Also sprints with mouth guard and ball sucks when it is 95 out
and you did legs 2 days prior

Old 07-13-2012, 04:23 PM #125
Death_Taco
Come at me bro.

Yeah, I guess being a giant ***** would suck.

(do I even need a dodgy?)
Old 07-13-2012, 04:25 PM #126
]TSS[ Dake
Insight and Hilarity

U are 1 ****ing cheeky **** mate i swear i am goin 2 wreck u i swear on my mums life and i no u are scared lil ***** gettin your mates to send me messages saying dont meet up coz u r sum big bastard with muscles lol ****in sad mate really sad jus shows what a scared lil gay boy u are. and whats all this crap ur mates keep sendin me about sum bodybuildin website that 1 of your faverite places to look at men u lil ****in gay boy fone me if u got da balls cheeky prick see if u can step up lil queer..

Closed Thread