PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2012, 09:30 PM #736
Pump Revolution
It is what it is

Maxed out the cable stack on pulldowns, so I decided to make something to add more weight to it.

Welded a washer to the pipe, then welded a nut to that and threaded the metal rod to screw into it. Made it to use standard plates, figured it would keep the wight closer to the stack then the thicker oly plates.

"Originally posted by Lurker27: inb4 pelt says you're still fat"

Last edited by Pump Revolution : 07-29-2012 at 09:32 PM.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-29-2012, 09:39 PM #737
Dirtybirdy51
Fuark!

Dirtybirdy51 is a Paintball photographer
still really impressed that you've done mostly everything so far in a gym at home.

reps, irl.
Originally posted by Black Angus: "So, apparently, if you post in the mountain climbing thread that you enjoy climbing because you can fap off the top of the mountain and watch your *** fly in the wind, you get banned."
AUD- passed, REG- passed, BEC- passed, FAR- scores due 3/10
Old 07-29-2012, 09:44 PM #738
WorldStrike
PBN's Dick

WorldStrike supports Bob Gurnsey
WorldStrike posts videos on PbNation
WorldStrike has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
WorldStrike has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Pump blew the **** up AFTER joining a gym lol
Says she don't see what all the ticking's for
Old 07-29-2012, 09:47 PM #739
Pump Revolution
It is what it is

Had a gym membership for about 8 months now, but had just been doing Shoulders/Legs there for the first 6 months. Now I started doing Chest/Arms there to get more variation.

Old 07-29-2012, 10:35 PM #740
paintballh00dlum
lightweight

paintballh00dlum has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smart Parts Player12 View Post
Is this an assisted bulk?
I dont ever plan on doing a serious bulk again without it, as long as I stay healthy.

My recovery time will be very good.
Old 07-29-2012, 11:08 PM #741
Death_Taco
Come at me bro.

has been a member for 10 years
Where did you learn to weld?
Old 07-29-2012, 11:18 PM #742
black_angus
hooah hooah hooah hooah

JB Weld
Hate the Cowboys? Show it here.
Old 07-29-2012, 11:38 PM #743
Pump Revolution
It is what it is

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death_Taco View Post
Where did you learn to weld?
HS shop teacher

Old 07-30-2012, 12:34 AM #744
Pyrosive
Jacked

Pyrosive helped look for balloons
ya boy pyro swimmin with sharks
Old 07-30-2012, 06:24 AM #745
cynicalrider
robert paulson

cynicalrider owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
cynicalrider owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
cynicalrider is for the Gunfight
cynicalrider supports Pev's Paintball
Jelly of your access to a welder.
"Originally posted by visualx: hey everyone, look at me. i call people poor though i make absolutely nothing; brag about my job as an intern or some ****; hate on people for not being fat like me; and absolutely never have any idea what i'm talking about, though i always have a ****ing righteous indignation with everything i say! aren't i ****ing amazing?! do you all like me yet?! oh, you know that hate is just a guise! good thing i have a ****ing amazing life! now let me go **** my fat girlfriend and cry myself to sleep"

ST:A - Not your Myspace Blog.
Old 07-30-2012, 07:41 AM #746
Dirtybirdy51
Fuark!

i was helping a guy weld some **** last summer for my pop's company, with whatever method it is that uses the welding that produces that really really intense blue light. obviously whenever you're welding, you should wear eye protection, especially with this blue light kind, but i was ~25 feet away and figured it would be okay to look.....

bad idea.

woke up that night with an incredible burning sensation in my eyes. they hur and wouldnt stop watering. i couldnt sleep at all. when i went into work the next day, it turns out the same thing happened to a manager who happened to be there with us also that afternoon. only his burning sensation was so bad he went to the hospital.

apparently, that light produced by that specific form of welding is so bright that it can burn the rods/cones inside your eye, which is what caused the burning sensation.

tldr; wear eye protection when welding, and dont look at that damn blue light
Originally posted by Black Angus: "So, apparently, if you post in the mountain climbing thread that you enjoy climbing because you can fap off the top of the mountain and watch your *** fly in the wind, you get banned."
Old 07-30-2012, 08:02 AM #747
cynicalrider
robert paulson

cynicalrider owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
cynicalrider owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
cynicalrider is for the Gunfight
cynicalrider supports Pev's Paintball
That's always the toughest part especially if you don't have a good auto-dimming mask, and even when you do it's tough to see through that ****. Finding the exact place to start the bead sucks because you can't see ****.
"Originally posted by visualx: hey everyone, look at me. i call people poor though i make absolutely nothing; brag about my job as an intern or some ****; hate on people for not being fat like me; and absolutely never have any idea what i'm talking about, though i always have a ****ing righteous indignation with everything i say! aren't i ****ing amazing?! do you all like me yet?! oh, you know that hate is just a guise! good thing i have a ****ing amazing life! now let me go **** my fat girlfriend and cry myself to sleep"

ST:A - Not your Myspace Blog.
Old 07-30-2012, 08:56 AM #748
Pump Revolution
It is what it is

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtybirdy51 View Post
i was helping a guy weld some **** last summer for my pop's company, with whatever method it is that uses the welding that produces that really really intense blue light. obviously whenever you're welding, you should wear eye protection, especially with this blue light kind, but i was ~25 feet away and figured it would be okay to look.....
Pretty much everything creates intense light, besides oxy brazing. Mig, Tig, Arc, even plasma cutting all are pretty intense.
What you had was prob known as "welders flash". IIRC your supposed slice a potato and hold it to you eyes. Something in the potato reacts to reduce the pain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynicalrider View Post
That's always the toughest part especially if you don't have a good auto-dimming mask, and even when you do it's tough to see through that ****. Finding the exact place to start the bead sucks because you can't see ****.
I bought a $45 autodimming helmet and never had an issue with it. They should be adjustable so you can still see well while you have an arc going.

Welding with those old school not dimming lens is a ***** though

Old 07-30-2012, 09:04 AM #749
Death_Taco
Come at me bro.

ITT: We learn Kevin is a master welder at Orange County Choppers
Old 07-30-2012, 09:10 AM #750
Pump Revolution
It is what it is

Senior's coming, g2g

Old 07-30-2012, 09:33 AM #751
Death_Taco
Come at me bro.

North Korea won Gold in Men's Olympic Weightlighting:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/19042645
Old 07-30-2012, 09:43 AM #752
Mr.Familiar
We're all the same

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death_Taco View Post
North Korea won Gold in Men's Olympic Weightlighting:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/19042645

Poor man, living a rich life
"Lay your facts by the side of every-day practices of this nation and you will say with me that, for revolting barbarity and shameless hypocrisy, America reigns without a rival." -Frederick Douglass
Old 07-30-2012, 10:03 AM #753
Death_Taco
Come at me bro.

Aussie Football:

Old 07-30-2012, 10:06 AM #754
Dirtybirdy51
Fuark!

rant:

people who lack gym etiquette really rustle my jimmies. i've got one last set on the leg press, which is located right next to the smith machine, which i was going to use next for standing calf raises, and some old greek "no-speak-a-you-good-english" guy comes over and moves a bench into position under it to do bench presses. i've got absolutely no problem with that, or the guy, who i had spoken to before and who seemed nice/reasonable.

i finish up with the leg press and decide to wait on the guy using the smith machine. i figure a 10min rest isnt bad at all. as im waiting, im watching the guy, and he leaves the smith machine to go use some dbs. i figure he's super setting something, which also isnt a problem - like i said, i have no problem waiting. then he decides to go and use a machine. and then uses another machine, and i think to myself "uhhhh.... bro, you ever gonna use the smith again?".

finally, he walks back over to the smith machine, but once he gets there, he just kinda stares at it, then walks over to the dbs again. "wtf..."

at this point im like "okay, i'll just ask to work in with this guy since he appears to be all over the place doing some cyclical training ****. he wont mind".

i proceed to ask him, politely as always (especially since i work at this Y), i i could work in with him on the SM. he says yes.

i head over, move his bench forward, put the block in place, adjust the bar, throw on some more weight, and proceed to start my set.

in the middle of my set he comes over and says to me "aye... you-a gonna be a-done soon? i've got like a-8 sets to do and little time to a-do them..." i dont say anything until im finished, then reply "yeah, that's fine, i'll be quick" - not like calf raises take long in the first place.

then as im re-setting the SM for him, he keeps going on about how he's got no time and a huge number of sets to do. right before he starts his 2nd set, as im standing next to the SM, he says "aye, a-why dont you a-use that machine", gesturing to the seated calf raise, "because i've a-got alot of sets left".

at this point, im taken back and begin to get a little mad. like bro, i asked to work in with you and you said yes, im not taking long, and you're doing exercises in between. dont you go suggesting other machines for me to use. i know what im doing here. all i say to him is "no, it doesnt work the muscle the same way" (which it doesnt).

he goes on again about his numerous sets and little time, and then i just say **** it "it's okay man, you seem to have a lot of work to do. i'll just let you finish." so i head to the ham curl machine to finish up.

what really gets me is that as im doing work over on the ham machine, i look back over, and the guy is taking his sweet time talking to another member on an elliptical, like a solid 5mins talking to this dude. wtf is this ****? dont get all pissy and impatient with me, especially after YOU SAID i could work in with you, and then go spend a year and a day talking and not lifting.

tldr?; some people's gym etiquette sucks

jimmies-

unrustled: [ ]
rustled: [x]
Old 07-30-2012, 10:26 AM #755
Barber
Moose Krew.

Barber plays in the PSP
Barber plays in the APPA D4 division
Yeah, the worst part of going to the gym is that there are other people there, and pretty much 90% of people are ****ing retards.
Old 07-30-2012, 10:35 AM #756
Pump Revolution
It is what it is

When people are doing supersets, I never ask to "work in". I just go do my set and then rest away from the machine.

I don't see a point in asking someone when they are doing more than one exercise.

Closed Thread