Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-08-2012, 10:20 PM #1
LevyD84

Air Leak Down Barrell

Hello fellow pumpers! I'm not new to paintball but have always had someone else service my markers. I figure its time to man up and start figuring things out on my own. Today my Aftershock pump began leaking down the barrell on me whenever the gun isn't cocked. I have a CP reg that is several years old and I can rebuild it but I can't imagine the reg causing air to leak down the barrell. The biggest hit I find when searching is on the cup seal. Do pump markers have a cup seal? I have removed the reg and pump handle and can't find anything that looks similar to the cups seals I've seen on the web. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
LevyD84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-08-2012, 11:40 PM #2
The Inflicted
.detcilfnI ehT

Yes, all autococker-based pumps have cup seals (except for ones with MQ valves, which I assume yours doesn't).

If it's only leaking when uncocked, the cupseal is probably not the problem.

What's happening is either
a) Your velocity adjuster is in too far or,
b) Your regulator is set too low or,
c) a combination of the two.

Try backing out the velocity adjuster at the rear of the gun and/or increasing the input pressure from the regulator and see if that doesn't help things.

At any rate, if the leak is coming down the barrel it's not the regulator's fault.

How fast a leak are we talking about? A slow hiss or is it rushing out?
The Inflicted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 08:09 AM #3
LevyD84

The air is rushing out. I figured it may be the velocity adjustment b/c I took it in pretty far b/c I couldn't get it up over 180FPS which is strange b/c I haven't had to adjust the velocity on the gun in 2 seasons. Usually I just chrono and its good. I'll back the velocity adjuster out and check all o-rings. Maybe one blew and thats causing the velocity problem. Thanks.
LevyD84 is offline   Reply With Quote