Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-08-2012, 09:13 PM #1
r90t
Doc

r90t is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Thumbs up LAPCO Tightstick Barrel

I was on vacation in Hawaii, took my gear and hit the closest field the plan on meeting Brandon at All Star Paintball. I saw a barrel design that I haven't seen before while playing by the Honolulu airport. I ended up talking to pbnation drgonzo. Super nice guy. Jumped in with the pumpers there and they were all running the same barrel. It was a LAPCO Tightstick. Incredible accuracy being on the receiving end, so I picked one up.

Length: 14"
Bore: .681" (.684" and .690" available as a kit)
Manufacturer: LAPCO Inc.
Threading: Sniper (Autococker)
Finish: Matte or polished, black anodized
Material: 6061-T6 aerospace aluminum
Weight: ~118g
Made in the USA
LAPCO lifetime warranty

I played with it this weekend back in So. Cal and this barrel is nice for the pricetag ($45). Shot Ultra Evil and the new Dye paint.

Excellent anodizing. Very smooth bore. Looks like they took their time on the polishing of this. Shot very straight, once I got used to a 14 vice 16 inch barrel that I usually use. No barrel breaks to discuss. Ball on ball, and was able to play pump with the advanced walk on crowd without issues.

Now, it has a longer control bore, than the normal CP barrel that I use. On chrono'ing, the velocity as 305, 308, 307, up from the normal 270s from my CP. Backed out the IVG on my CCM S-5 and the velocity was very consistent at 276, 278, 275. Nice velocity consistency.

Great barrel at a very reasonable price, my one and only Hawaii vacation souvenir, that will get lots of use.

BTW, the guys at All Star Paintball were a great group. Hooked me up with lunch, sat around and shot the breeze all afternoon. Couldn't ask for a better day.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-18-2012, 05:04 PM #2
drgonzo
Half-cocked

has been a member for 10 years
glad it's working for you!
drgonzo is offline   Reply With Quote