Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-15-2012, 12:57 PM #43
LoveMyMagMoreThanYou
Got my 'Mag! Let's GO!!!!

LoveMyMagMoreThanYou has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
LoveMyMagMoreThanYou has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
LoveMyMagMoreThanYou has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Hmm, I don't play ANY tourneys and I have an Automag AND an E-Mag........

Crossfire Rolling ? for SuperGame XLVIII!!!!!!!!!!
For more info on SuperGame, visit: http://www.SuperGame.tv!
LoveMyMagMoreThanYou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-15-2012, 12:59 PM #44
Jedihippie
My backpack's got jets

Annual Supporting Member
Jedihippie is playing at Living Legends VI
Jedihippie is playing at Living Legends VII
Jedihippie has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Jedihippie has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Jedihippie has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
a good friend of mine played woodsball with a geo
"Reminds me of the kids that bolt on exhausts, wings and vinyl cutouts onto their rice mobiles and then hate on a ground up resto rodded 69 Camaro" -OPBN
"Due to the Berzerkers rep and knowledge of Mag awesomeness, the opposing team dropped their markers and are actually out of the frame curled up in fetal positions" -OPBN... Again
Jedihippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 04:27 PM #45
Freedy500

Freedy500 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
no one will spend more than $700 on a mech. I think this will soon be disproved by the *cough cough* DYE DAM *cough cough*. Because look at dye. Just a bit over priced amiright?
Old 10-15-2012, 05:07 PM #46
steve_81
Paintballing since 1996

steve_81 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Dye DAM....too dam much lol
Old 10-15-2012, 05:13 PM #47
Jedihippie
My backpack's got jets

Annual Supporting Member
i thought the dye dam was an electro?
"Reminds me of the kids that bolt on exhausts, wings and vinyl cutouts onto their rice mobiles and then hate on a ground up resto rodded 69 Camaro" -OPBN
"Due to the Berzerkers rep and knowledge of Mag awesomeness, the opposing team dropped their markers and are actually out of the frame curled up in fetal positions" -OPBN... Again
Old 10-15-2012, 05:49 PM #48
LoveMyMagMoreThanYou
Got my 'Mag! Let's GO!!!!

LoveMyMagMoreThanYou has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
LoveMyMagMoreThanYou has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
LoveMyMagMoreThanYou has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedihippie View Post
i thought the dye dam was an electro?
Yep, it is!

Crossfire Rolling ? for SuperGame XLVIII!!!!!!!!!!
For more info on SuperGame, visit: http://www.SuperGame.tv!
LoveMyMagMoreThanYou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 08:37 PM #49
Freedy500

oh I thought it was mechanical, you learn something new everyday. I think it will be a great gun but only thing I want to know will be reliability, especially for the mag fed system as those can be troublesome. will be a great gun, (not as good as a nice mag' of course ) minus the insanely high price to follow.
Old 10-15-2012, 11:44 PM #50
Jaccen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegard View Post
Blasphemer.
Well, it's got the 2 stage bolt and an eye system. Granted there's no easy warp setup, customization is limited, and there's no mechanical mode but it's about the closest thing currently on the market.

The other option would be the Crossover. Mechanical mode, eyes, but no 2 stage bolt, no easy warp setup, and customization is limited. I believe the Etha is the better of the two so I listed it.

Throw the hate if you want, but AGD would have likely gone in a similar direction eventually. Differences could have been an integrated body and rail (lower the weight and still allow for custom setups such as the warp). I don't know if they, eventually, would have given up the sear setup or not. Flatliner's Eddie 'mag showed that there could be effective alternative sear setups.

What AGD has been doing is selling parts and whatever markers are left out of someone's garage. The company, for all intents and purposes, is a shell of its former glory.

Improvements they could have made:
-efficiency
-weight
-cost

Alternatives:
-mag fed (ie. civilian FN303)
-Qloader First Strike warp-ish setup (ie. ala Alpha's)
-further experimentation with composites
-addressed the growing "tactical" market (ie. expand on the Longbow)

The Automag, to me, is the premiere marker platform. However, my glasses aren't rose-tinted enough to think that there could not be improvements.
Jaccen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 04:08 AM #51
Tempted (Banned)

I put mechanical "eyes" in a mech Classic. Its a trip switch that locks the trigger when there isn't the weight of a ball on the breech. Seems to work best with a force feed hopper, but it works with a shake and bake too. Just takes longer to reset.
Tempted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 06:18 AM #52
Jaccen

Very cool idea. Do you have any pics or a build thread? I'd be interested in seeing how you implemented that. Cheers.
Old 10-16-2012, 02:29 PM #53
Freedy500

AGD made the FN303. They obliviously chose not to include that in future products for some reason. And those three improvements. cost, efficiency, an weight. Efficiency is something we would all want for a mag upgrade which is why hill saw an opportunity and made the classic and X-valve efficiency inserts. Cost is what everybody wants lower and it will always stay that way too. and I dont see a problem with weight on mags because you can make a mag very light ever since the ULE so once you do that and you still say it is heavy then go to the gym. Even without ULE it mags arent that heavy. I have a customized mag and setup that I dont consider heavy. It simply makes it more difficult to run with 20 Qpods constantly bouncing up and down. Everyone wants something lighter but I wouldn't beg for it. You just get a better work out any way
Old 10-17-2012, 08:56 PM #54
Freedy500

wait woah woah. I just re -read everything and did you mean mags arent customizable? I really hope I misunderstood. And if you want to figure out how a "mechanical eye" works and how to make it then buy some junky tippman that has ACE (just about all of them) and tear it open. its pretty simple to make and understand how once you look at it. But with a level ten it doesnt make a difference unless if you want to save 0.1 psi on your tank. still a cool upgrade though.
Old 10-18-2012, 03:30 PM #55
Jaccen

Not sure if that was directed at me, but I'll take a stab at it.

Yes, AGD made the FN303. However, it would have been nice for a civilian (ie. no permits, etc.) version that we could buy at a paintball store. I imagine they didn't do so as they likely had an agreement with the contractors to the LE agencies preventing it.

As for weight reduction, there are options for drastic weight reductions (ie. AM Ultra-light, CF ULE body, CF foregrip, etc.) but none of these came from AGD. The community more than made up for this, but it would have been interesting to see what AGD could have come up with.

I'm unaware of a commonly available Tippmann with ACE (ie. a non Tippinator one). *EDIT* Duh, I forgot about the Crossover. My bad *EDIT* Many have ACT. Is this what you were referring to? Tempted's implementation still sounds different than ACT (or ACS or whatever you want to call the "spring bolt"). I'm always interested in homebrew.

I in no way meant to say mag are not customizable. I would say they're the most customizable from a technical and aesthetic point of view. 'cockers and the Ion platform are really only the other 2 that are even remotely close to 'mags in that regard. I'd still give the edge to 'mags, though.

Last edited by Jaccen : 10-18-2012 at 08:30 PM.
Old 10-18-2012, 07:24 PM #56
GoatBoy

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedy500 View Post
wait woah woah. I just re -read everything and did you mean mags arent customizable? I really hope I misunderstood. And if you want to figure out how a "mechanical eye" works and how to make it then buy some junky tippman that has ACE (just about all of them) and tear it open. its pretty simple to make and understand how once you look at it. But with a level ten it doesnt make a difference unless if you want to save 0.1 psi on your tank. still a cool upgrade though.
The LX bolt is not 100%, and it is tricky to get it tuned just right.

The Tippmann ACE is not a mechanical. The ACT was mechanical, but it's not an eye.

Please stop.
GoatBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 03:59 PM #57
knownothingmags

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempted View Post
Pneumags and EP Mags don't count!
pfft
knownothingmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 04:02 PM #58
knownothingmags

Quote:
Yes I know, I own a few RTs, but they aren't the norm when talking about Mags. They also aren't legal to use in any sanctioned event.
yes they are as long as you can chrono properly.
Old 10-20-2012, 04:40 PM #59
the imitator

I remember when I was younger, there was a guy at our field with a mag + lvl 10 and I was terrified in putting my finger in the breech and firing...

To my surprise it didn't hurt at the least bit, I even continued cycling on my finger for an additional 10 12 pulls.
the imitator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 07:09 PM #60
Tempted (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by knownothingmags View Post
yes they are as long as you can chrono properly.
No they aren't. You can not play a tournament with a marker than can not be effectively capped. You can't even use a mech Spyder.
Tempted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 07:29 PM #61
knownothingmags

Quote:
No they aren't. You can not play a tournament with a marker than can not be effectively capped. You can't even use a mech Spyder.
blah.
Old 10-20-2012, 07:31 PM #62
knownothingmags

to much bull **** in paintball now.

too many pampered babies playing.

back in the day shootin hot and surviving was an acomplishment.

now if you can wipe succesfully you are a champ.

pffft.
Old 10-20-2012, 07:55 PM #63
Jedihippie
My backpack's got jets

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by knownothingmags View Post
to much bull **** in paintball now.

too many pampered babies playing.

back in the day shootin hot and surviving was an acomplishment.
yea, IMO there should be no such thing as ramping. I mean honestly full auto is not allowed... and thats full auto. back when i first started playing and E-mags were the thing to own if you could shoot over 10bps you were a god. never mind these tourny players who can shoot their new fangled feather light nerf guns at 5 bps and effectivly make it full auto.

i tried speed ball... i really gave it a shot and I shoot a mech. theyre like "ok, run to that bunker and shoot down this open line and this open line" then i run out there and I feel so awkward being in a paintball game against other people and "wasting money" by shooting at the fence opposite of me without accually making a difference in the game

tourny players used to have to rely on pure skill. now if youre in shape you can almost buy yourself a good team.

/rant