Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-07-2012, 06:51 PM #1
Intern1

Annual Supporting Member
Intern1 has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
Intern1 supports Empire
Leak from barrle

I just picked up a 04 prostock with an e1 on it and I went to air it up for the first time and it seem to have a small leak coming from the top tube where you you screw the barrle in. Any ideas on what it could be?
Intern1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-07-2012, 11:34 PM #2
Rebel_816
Don't eat that....

cock the gun before you air it up. otherwise the hammer tends to rest against the valve and pushes it open slightly....its perfectly normal for them to do this.

now if it keeps leaking out the barrel after you cock it...its the valve o-rings or cupseal.
Old 07-08-2012, 02:16 AM #3
Intern1

Annual Supporting Member
Intern1 supports Empire
I tried cocking it then airing it up and it still leaks. Can I just grease the o-rings and cup seal to solve this problem. The person i bought it from said they didn't play with it for a while so I probably should grease it up if its been sitting for a while.
Old 07-08-2012, 03:16 PM #4
masterofTHUMBS
boom headshot

masterofTHUMBS posts videos on PbNation
masterofTHUMBS is an NCPA player
masterofTHUMBS supports Pev's Paintball
masterofTHUMBS plays in the APPA D5 division
Put a few drops of oil (goldcup works great) into your asa before attaching the tank. You could also just try putting the oil into your bottomline hose if your asa is weird. The air will push the oil up and should lube the cup seal. You really can't get to the cup seal without a cocker valve tool. If this doesn't work, you may just need a new cupseal.
masterofTHUMBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 07:52 PM #5
Intern1

Annual Supporting Member
Intern1 supports Empire
I tired that as well and it still leaks, so I gues I need a new cup seal. Is this what I need? Also I kow i need the special valve removal tool, but its $25 for basically an allen socket on a rod. I have a bunch of allen sockets. Is it a standard size. can I just use one that I already have?
http://www.ansgear.com/ANS_Cocker_Va...ockervalve.htm

Last edited by Intern1 : 07-08-2012 at 08:59 PM.
Old 07-09-2012, 03:14 AM #6
Rebel_816
Don't eat that....

yes thats what you need. probably just the o-rings but for $15 thats not bad at all.

and yes a valve tool is basically just a 5/16 allen key with a hole drilled into it so it fits over the back of the valve stem. you can use one if you drill a hole in it...its pretty tricky to do it without it.

if your gun still has the plain hex shaped cocking knob you can take it out, remove the set screw in the back, flip it around, and use it for a valve tool....little cocker trick . just be careful not to damage the threaded end with whatever tool your using to turn it....putting a couple nuts over it works pretty well to avoid that...put 2 on it, turn the inside one and it will tighten against the outer one, turning everything instead of just coming off.
Old 07-09-2012, 02:13 PM #7
PeaTear_Griffin
GUNDAMNIT

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
PeaTear_Griffin is playing at Living Legends V
PeaTear_Griffin is playing at Living Legends VI
PeaTear_Griffin is playing at Living Legends VII
PeaTear_Griffin supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel_816 View Post
yes thats what you need. probably just the o-rings but for $15 thats not bad at all.

and yes a valve tool is basically just a 5/16 allen key with a hole drilled into it so it fits over the back of the valve stem. you can use one if you drill a hole in it...its pretty tricky to do it without it.

if your gun still has the plain hex shaped cocking knob you can take it out, remove the set screw in the back, flip it around, and use it for a valve tool....little cocker trick . just be careful not to damage the threaded end with whatever tool your using to turn it....putting a couple nuts over it works pretty well to avoid that...put 2 on it, turn the inside one and it will tighten against the outer one, turning everything instead of just coming off.
Thats a great way to do it, it is possible with a 5/16th though this only really works if you are using a very light spring.

The ans valve looks nice, it seems to be a copy off a newer shocktech rat valve which has a different cup seal then other autococker valves. They don't require you to replace the whole stem/cup seal, only a small plastic disk.
Old 07-10-2012, 01:53 AM #8
Rebel_816
Don't eat that....

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeaTear_Griffin View Post
They don't require you to replace the whole stem/cup seal, only a small plastic disk.
thats nifty....for $15 i might pick one up for a rainy day lol.