PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 07-05-2012, 04:02 PM #1
TroubleMaker

Hello NYC will be arriving in two weeks

My parent are moving from San Francisco to Upper Manhattan, NYC in about two to three weeks. Can some tell me where there is a good paintball shop and field to play at and any teams I can join. I am currently ranked div 4 in PSP and NPPL. Next year I will be rank d3 in PSP. Thanks for any help.....
TroubleMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 05:09 PM #2
Soul06
The Last Thing You'll See

has been a member for 10 years
Soul06 owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
Soul06 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Soul06 supports Empire
Upper Manhattan....do you drive? There is no where within range that you can get too without driving. But there are a lot of options available to you as well as teams to hook up with. Looking through this very forum you will find MANY posts from teams you can possibly link up with.

Go here: http://www.pbnation.com/fields/ to look up fields. Northern and Central NJ, further North NY and a few spots in Long Island are basically what you are going to be looking at when it comes to playing

Custom Ano'd Prestige CSL w/ Dart Kit - Midnight Superblue LV1
Obnoxious, NY - High Velocity, NY - Liberty, NY - Cousins, NY - Top Gun, NJ
On Target, NJ - Accurate, NJ - Skirmish, PA - CPX Sports, IL - Paintball Explosion, IL - P&L, MA - Pev's, VA

Soul06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 06:46 PM #3
TroubleMaker

Thanks Soul06. For now it looks like I will be taking NYC transit at least for a few month when parents promised me a car... I did look up in the forum area and found a few places, but they have since been closed down. PB needs to update there field and store area. Do you know of a place call stingray Ops. It looks like the closet place.
Old 07-05-2012, 06:52 PM #4
ScottS125

I just sent u a pm about the store thats opening up in the bronx which will be the closest for you..you can take the 6train about 5stp or so and get off the train n the store is right there..(its about a 15-20min train ride from the 70s of manhattan
ScottS125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 06:57 PM #5
NYEric

You can take public transportation to the Meadowlands when it re-opens or even to Topgun this Summer if you're willing to walk a few miles.
NYEric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 07:07 PM #6
Soul06

Soul06 supports Empire
Haven't been to Stingray Ops in years. Last time I went that had nothing worth looking at. But according to their website now they are selling high end gear. I have no idea what their stock is like though
But for fuller, more heavily stocked stores you are going to have to travel outside of the metropolitan NYC area. Though some places somehow get away with it, its actually illegal to sell or possess paintball guns in NY (a law not really enforced but still a law). So most stores and fields are just outside of the NYC (Brooklyn, Queens, Manhattan, Bronx, SI) area

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYEric View Post
You can take public transportation to the Meadowlands when it re-opens or even to Topgun this Summer if you're willing to walk a few miles.
I would heavily advise against doing this. Public Transportation into and around NJ is no where near as reliable as NY. Particularly around where Topgun is. If you miss that Great Adventure returning bus you are sleeping out there

On Target, NJ - Accurate, NJ - Skirmish, PA - CPX Sports, IL - Paintball Explosion, IL - P&L, MA - Pev's, VA

Old 07-05-2012, 07:56 PM #7
DDSMECH1

DDSMECH1 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
DDSMECH1 owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroubleMaker View Post
Thanks Soul06. For now it looks like I will be taking NYC transit at least for a few month when parents promised me a car... I did look up in the forum area and found a few places, but they have since been closed down. PB needs to update there field and store area. Do you know of a place call stingray Ops. It looks like the closet place.
Stingrays is a great store there a PE authorized dealer and stock Dye stuff as well.
DDSMECH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 12:07 AM #8
I L L U S I O N

I L L U S I O N plays in the PSP
I L L U S I O N plays in the APPA D4 division
you can always come out to high velocity on a wednesday or thursday night great competion, you can hop right on the lire from penn station and get off at the deer park station the field is about 2 blocks away. Give us a call at (631)242-2096 if you have any questions or want to arrange a ride to and from the station

HIGH VELOCITY FACTORY

High Velocity Paintball

The Meadowlands Paintball
I L L U S I O N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 08:40 AM #9
xApocalypsePBx

xApocalypsePBx plays in the APPA beginner division
yea stingray ops and NyC paintball in LIC
xApocalypsePBx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 08:55 AM #10
Soul06

Soul06 supports Empire
NYC Paintball, which I hear is now NYC Reball, is trash. Don't even waste your time there

Old 07-06-2012, 08:57 AM #11
Elias718
NEW JERSEY JESTERS

Elias718 plays in the PSP
Elias718 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Elias718 plays in the APPA D4 division
ok,stingray ops is indeed planet eclipse dealer center and also stock emipire and dye equipment.nyc paintball no longer have paintball they are only reball...icombat and lazer tag...i actually know people that take public transportation to the medowlands and they are fine with it...word of advice before you decide to take a trip with youre equipment make sure that you know the laws in nyc...paintball is not legal in nyc..but as long you dont have paintballs in youre hopper a tank in the marker the dont bather as much..but dont be surprise if they decide to bather cause of it.as long you tell them what is in youre bag,must of the officers understand and wont bather you...
Old 07-06-2012, 09:21 AM #12
Soul06

Soul06 supports Empire
Cops aren't going to stop you in the streets at all unless they have reason too, ie: you look suspicious or do something that warrants them stopping you. So you really need not worry about that.
NY has a lot of laws that cops won't really enforce unless given reason too. Just don't have your gear out in public. I've dragged my huge *** Planet Eclipse gear bag back and forth from Queens to Manhattan going into NJ and never had a problem.

Old 07-06-2012, 01:10 PM #13
TroubleMaker

I have to say thanks to you all. I biggest fears would be that NY would not be friendly....
Old 07-08-2012, 02:26 AM #14
mista.matrix
PULL YOUR SKIRT DOWN

mista.matrix owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
mista.matrix is for the Gunfight
you can play @ LONGLIVE paintball in OLD BRIDGE. they have something like 7 fields.. Just take NJ transit bus from NYC at the port authority BUS #139 route 9 south to texas road alot close then TOPGUN.. BUT not sure how your gonna get from route 9 to the field its kinda of a hike.

RUTGERS HOME PRACTICE FIELD...
mista.matrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 09:12 AM #15
Sand6452
Lainway Sports Rep

Annual Supporting Member
Sand6452 plays in the PSP
Sand6452 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Sand6452 supports Bob Gurnsey
Sand6452 is an NCPA player
Sand6452 plays in the APPA D4 division
Sand6452 supports DLX Technology
I don't know how easy it would to use mass transit to get out to either HIVI or Arena. Granted both are indoor, well at least for airball, but it would be better than nothing. Also when you figure out which field you want to play at post up in their thread and see if you can swing a ride with anyone.

Wilkes University Paintball
Sand6452 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 09:40 AM #16
Soul06

Soul06 supports Empire
Public transpo to LI to play at HiVi or Arena won't be too bad. But trying to do what was suggested 2 posts above....that I would recommend against. Past the Meadowlands I seriously do not recommend trying to make it out to NJ without a ride.

Old 07-08-2012, 10:08 PM #17
enforcer
BRONX NY

troublemaker inbox me

R.I.P RON BUTLER

team thread: http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...1#post73907017
enforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 10:32 PM #18
DaveA

HV2 and Arena are easy enough to get to via train, just takes a while and you have to make sure to catch the train times on the way back. Arena is $12 (more now) cab ride, and is fun, though on weekend nights quite a zoo. Best to try Team night and sub in. HV2 is fun, and is a long 2 blocks (or a short 12 blocks... I've walked it it's not bad) from the train. Meadowlands is the place to go, but it's a $16 or more cab from Secaucus Junction train station ($5 one way) and at least there are always trains going through Secaucus Jctn. No shops in Manhattan, technically illegal to own airguns, but cops don't hassle you unless showing guns, or shooting out your window or something dumb. And not a single PB rag in the newstands anymore! A lot of players in town, though.
DaveA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 12:31 PM #19
iNvaZN
BALL SO HARD

iNvaZN supports Cereal Killerz 2
iNvaZN donated to help Peyton Trent
iNvaZN helped look for balloons
iNvaZN supports our troops
if you're taking public transit hit up either Meadowlands (when it re-opens), HiVi, or Arena.

if you can drive... well, that's a whole 'nother story now

oh we're friendly all right.. just don't be a schmuck and stand in the middle of the sidewalk. GOD I hate stupid drivers/pedestrians.
80+ PBN | 420+ eBay | 4 years ASM | PAID badges | 2K4er

ELECTROS | CLASSICS
iNvaZN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 07:36 PM #20
*ezee*

*ezee* plays in the PSP
Stingray's is the place to go. Most established, reliable and professional in the NYC area. As far as high-ends go, they definitely have high ends and what they don't have, they will order for you (but it sounds like you already have your own gear). I've gotten all my tourney markers from them (geo's, luxes, bob longs, etc.) and never regretted it (full service and coverage for labor).

As far as fields go, you will need to plan carefully if you don't drive (as you can tell from the posts above). To get to most of the fields that have good competition you will have to ride share. If you are ranked D3, you might not have a problem with that, once you make friends (there are lots of up and coming teams in the area that will need a solid D3 player next season).

Good luck.

Z

New Jersey Jesters

Stingray Ops ProShop | All Star Paintball | Planet Eclipse | Empire Paintball | Kong-Ker | Long Live Paintball
*ezee* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 12:19 PM #21
andyschein
OcD

andyschein plays in the PSP
andyschein owns a Planet Eclipse SLS
Lainway sports in westtown ny on a sod farm and has both setups

Bring me a Luxe 1.0
andyschein is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyRegional Ups