PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-05-2012, 06:19 AM #1
TyeStick
-I Run With Guns-

Exclamation Tank covers that will fit Ninja 68/4500

I'm looking for tank covers that will fit the Ninja 68/4500 tank.

The Ninja isn't your regular 68/4500, as it's a bit shorter. Your older Dye Rhino covers won't fit, so now it's time to find something that will.

I'm not looking for the Ninja neoprene cover. Those covers tend to slide off my shoulder, and I'm looking for something with a it more grip. Not looking for grip tape, but only full tank covers...

Suggestions?
TyeStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-06-2012, 03:44 PM #2
cfl mike
Ron Paul = God

cfl mike owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
cfl mike owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
cfl mike supports Team VICIOUS
cfl mike is for the Gunfight
cfl mike has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Most normal 68s should fit on it, im surprised your Rhino wouldnt fit. I have NXEs on mine, I havent had one that didnt fit yet.

Why do people do this wanna-be hk thing? I mean hk people dont even play paintball, they just whine and start drama while wearing the ugliest stuff. Seriously you find light blue and pink to be attractive colors for your parents 1500 dollar investment (your gun/marker)? If you want to whine keep it off the field and save it for the internet; O wait! THATS EXACTLY WHAT YOU DO! Haha, if you don't play then don't whine.

I want your G6r parts and upgrades, sell them to me, because you wont get anything for them if you sell/trade them with the gun.
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3808906
cfl mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 05:28 PM #3
TyeStick
-I Run With Guns-

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfl mike View Post
Most normal 68s should fit on it, im surprised your Rhino wouldnt fit. I have NXEs on mine, I havent had one that didnt fit yet.
The Dye Rhino that I used on my 68/4500 inline maxflo, is about an inch longer than my Ninja 68/4500, and I was surprised that it didn't fit.
Old 07-20-2012, 04:17 PM #4
TyeStick
-I Run With Guns-

Bump, for more answers.
Old 07-21-2012, 09:37 AM #5
cfl mike
Ron Paul = God

Take it to your store and find out then, but I think most people have the same experience as me; havent had one that wont fit. If you already have the other tank cover, just try to muscle it on.

Why do people do this wanna-be hk thing? I mean hk people dont even play paintball, they just whine and start drama while wearing the ugliest stuff. Seriously you find light blue and pink to be attractive colors for your parents 1500 dollar investment (your gun/marker)? If you want to whine keep it off the field and save it for the internet; O wait! THATS EXACTLY WHAT YOU DO! Haha, if you don't play then don't whine.

I want your G6r parts and upgrades, sell them to me, because you wont get anything for them if you sell/trade them with the gun.
Old 07-21-2012, 03:02 PM #6
TyeStick
-I Run With Guns-

Quote:
Take it to your store and find out then.
All the paintball stores that were close to me shut down. I find it really hard to believe that no one else is having this issue, with as many people that are using ninja tanks. I'm thinking a 70/45 cover might fit?
Old 07-22-2012, 08:36 AM #7
cfl mike
Ron Paul = God

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyeStick View Post
All the paintball stores that were close to me shut down. I find it really hard to believe that no one else is having this issue, with as many people that are using ninja tanks. I'm thinking a 70/45 cover might fit?
It would be way too short.

Most people probably dont have this problem, because like me, every 68 tank cover I have tried fits right on.

Are you sure you have a 68ci tank?

Old 07-22-2012, 02:58 PM #8
TyeStick
-I Run With Guns-

Quote:
It would be way too short.

Most people probably dont have this problem, because like me, every 68 tank cover I have tried fits right on.

Are you sure you have a 68ci tank?
Below is my Ninja 68/4500 tank, and my Dye Rhino 68/4500 cover. There's a huge difference in the length of the cover vs. the tank.

Old 07-22-2012, 06:03 PM #9
Tabris17
Will B/S/T Souls

Annual Supporting Member
Tabris17 is a Moderator
Tabris17 is BST Legit
Tabris17 supports our troops
Tabris17 is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
Tabris17 is Boss
Tabris17 is attending Decay of Nations VII
Ninja uses a 68 stubby/peanut style which is fatter around. It's very hard to find a traditional length 68 these days.
Don't be afraid to email Ninja and inquire as to what covers they've found seem to fit besides they're own. The tanks change shapes more then the covers these days as every company is making them a little different. It's not like a few years ago where it was 45's and 68's being the most common sizes and consistent on the tank size/shape. The peanut styling really changed the game up and then odd ball sizes like 49, 50, and 70's popped up.
Now if you could find a 70/4500 ninja that's more of a traditional length. I personally think Ninja and other companies should make a longer tank like that. Even in small batches for people that like that extra length.

"Only the foolish believe suffering is just wages for being different. Only the savage regard the endurance of pain as the measure of worth. Only the insane equate pain with success."

PBR Feedback +26/-0 PBN Feedback +16/-0 IOG Feedback +10/-0
Tabris17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 06:59 PM #10
TyeStick
-I Run With Guns-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabris17 View Post
Ninja uses a 68 stubby/peanut style which is fatter around. It's very hard to find a traditional length 68 these days.
Don't be afraid to email Ninja and inquire as to what covers they've found seem to fit besides they're own. The tanks change shapes more then the covers these days as every company is making them a little different. It's not like a few years ago where it was 45's and 68's being the most common sizes and consistent on the tank size/shape. The peanut styling really changed the game up and then odd ball sizes like 49, 50, and 70's popped up.
Now if you could find a 70/4500 ninja that's more of a traditional length. I personally think Ninja and other companies should make a longer tank like that. Even in small batches for people that like that extra length.
Thanks for the info.
Old 07-23-2012, 08:54 PM #11
cfl mike
Ron Paul = God

Actually it looks like that cover will fit, with a little stretching. If it can fit on the tank it probably wont be a bad fit, as the extra width will take away some of the extra height. Not to mention I remember when I got my first stubby, Crossfire 70/4500, I had to use like an 88 tank cover and it basically just covered up to my fill nipple which wasnt so bad, it was just more protection and less chance of losing my fill nipple cover.

Good points too Tabris, something that I forgot to mention.

Old 07-23-2012, 09:02 PM #12
Tabris17
Will B/S/T Souls

Annual Supporting Member
Tabris17 is a Moderator
Tabris17 is BST Legit
Tabris17 supports our troops
Tabris17 is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
Tabris17 is Boss
Tabris17 is attending Decay of Nations VII
The cover would fit for sure. It would just fit the entire tank, regulator and all. That cover is just way too big.

"Only the foolish believe suffering is just wages for being different. Only the savage regard the endurance of pain as the measure of worth. Only the insane equate pain with success."

PBR Feedback +26/-0 PBN Feedback +16/-0 IOG Feedback +10/-0
Tabris17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 01:04 AM #13
SKI008
Fear my Join Date

has been a member for 10 years
My NXE cover fits fine and stops right behind the reg like it should. Try NXE.
Old 08-01-2012, 08:35 PM #14
RyanR
shootin from the hip

has been a member for 10 years
RyanR is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
looks like a 56/45 compared to that dye cover, I had a redz 45 cover on my 56.

IOG
RyanR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 01:58 AM #15
cfl mike
Ron Paul = God

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKI008 View Post
My NXE cover fits fine and stops right behind the reg like it should. Try NXE.
I had mentioned that too already. NXEs are great deals.

Old 08-21-2012, 03:29 AM #16
TyeStick
-I Run With Guns-

Just wanted to update this thread, and mention that I ended up going with a NXE cover. Fits PERFECT.
Old 08-21-2012, 10:00 AM #17
Rob @ Ninja PB

Rob @ Ninja PB works for a Paintball manufacturer
Rob @ Ninja PB owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Rob @ Ninja PB supports Team VICIOUS
Rob @ Ninja PB supports our troops
Quote:
I'm not looking for the Ninja neoprene cover. Those covers tend to slide off my shoulder, and I'm looking for something with a it more grip
Hi TyeStick. I believe you are referring to our older first generation neoprene covers. After the first season of releasing those, we went back to the drawing board and included a more ruggedized zipper (much larger than the old one and easier to grab onto) and we now include a rubber non-slip back on all of the neoprene covers.

Certfied Hydro Test Facility - DOT RIN# G777
NINJA USERS CLUB
Rob @ Ninja PB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 02:08 AM #18
cfl mike
Ron Paul = God

Quote:
Just wanted to update this thread, and mention that I ended up going with a NXE cover. Fits PERFECT.
Told ya!

Old 08-23-2012, 05:13 AM #19
TyeStick
-I Run With Guns-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob @ Ninja PB View Post
Hi TyeStick. I believe you are referring to our older first generation neoprene covers. After the first season of releasing those, we went back to the drawing board and included a more ruggedized zipper (much larger than the old one and easier to grab onto) and we now include a rubber non-slip back on all of the neoprene covers.

That's pretty awesome. I looked at the Ninja covers on ANS before I went with NXE, and didn't see the newer Ninja tank cover. I just looked again, and I see that it's posted on the 50ci, but not the 68ci.

Thanks for the info, for future reference.

Quote:
Quote:
Told ya!
Yes, it was suggested that NXE would work; although I wanted to search a bit more before I made my decision.

Thanks for your help Mike.
Old 08-23-2012, 09:33 AM #20
valvepin
Straightshooter

Annual Supporting Member
valvepin is BST Legit
valvepin donated to help Peyton Trent
valvepin owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
valvepin supports Team VICIOUS
valvepin supports Pev's Paintball
valvepin has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
valvepin is attending Decay of Nations VI
The new ninja covers are nice just picked one up for my 49/4500

Last edited by valvepin : 08-23-2012 at 10:04 AM.
valvepin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 09:45 AM #21
Rob @ Ninja PB

Rob @ Ninja PB works for a Paintball manufacturer
Rob @ Ninja PB owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Rob @ Ninja PB supports Team VICIOUS
Rob @ Ninja PB supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by valvepin View Post
The new ninja covers are nice just picked one up foor my 49/4500
Ninja bottle, reg, magnacap, thread saver, AND bottle cover.

NICE!
Certfied Hydro Test Facility - DOT RIN# G777
NINJA USERS CLUB
Rob @ Ninja PB is offline   Reply With Quote