Community Focus

Old 03-27-2012, 11:18 AM #1
PoonSlayer1
-Umm, who's baby is this-

PoonSlayer1 is playing at Living Legends V
PoonSlayer1 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
PoonSlayer1 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
PoonSlayer1 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Exclamation Superman/Dolphin Diving Help!!!!

Ive just recently started to do more head first diving and when I do, the buttons on my pants tend to dig into my waist when i hit the ground, and i was talking to my friend about it and he said that never happens to him so i was just wondering if someone could tell me what im doing wrong or give me some tips on superman/dolphin diving! Thanks in advance!

IF YOU DONT GIVE A DAMN WHETHER SOMEONES PARENTS BOUGHT THEIR GEAR OR NOT BECAUSE YOU'RE STILL GONNA SHOOT THEM IN THE FACE, PUT THIS IN YOUR SIG!
PoonSlayer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 10:21 AM #2
docbiddy
iBlastfools

docbiddy owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
docbiddy owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
docbiddy plays in the APPA D4 division
docbiddy has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
i learned to dive not by thinking about it but by just doing it at the spur of a moment and then it became natural. when you dive you shouldnt have any second thoughts in your head, you can dive high off the ground or stay low its up to you. just make sure when your diving your gun should be up and sideways hopper away from your face, getting as much 'umph' from your feet as you can and you shouldnt be landing on your belly or waist first. you should be landing on your elbows/wrists then your knees/thighs. so by the time your stomach hits the ground youve already slowed down. also in the middle of a game i dont really notice if a button is pinching me or something. maybe wear a pair of gymshorts or tuck a tshirt in.
docbiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 10:27 AM #3
PoonSlayer1

Quote:
Originally Posted by docbiddy
i learned to dive not by thinking about it but by just doing it at the spur of a moment and then it became natural. when you dive you shouldnt have any second thoughts in your head, you can dive high off the ground or stay low its up to you. just make sure when your diving your gun should be up and sideways hopper away from your face, getting as much 'umph' from your feet as you can and you shouldnt be landing on your belly or waist first. you should be landing on your elbows/wrists then your knees/thighs. so by the time your stomach hits the ground youve already slowed down. also in the middle of a game i dont really notice if a button is pinching me or something. maybe wear a pair of gymshorts or tuck a tshirt in.
Thanks man! When I do I normally land on my elbows first and I always have my gun facing up, and I always wear shorts under my pants, I guess it might just be because I second guess myself and hesitate a bit!

IF YOU DONT GIVE A DAMN WHETHER SOMEONES PARENTS BOUGHT THEIR GEAR OR NOT BECAUSE YOU'RE STILL GONNA SHOOT THEM IN THE FACE, PUT THIS IN YOUR SIG!
Old 03-28-2012, 01:05 PM #4
docbiddy
iBlastfools

docbiddy owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
docbiddy owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
docbiddy plays in the APPA D4 division
docbiddy has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
never second guess yourself when playing paintball, in the second you hesitate and think about making a move i either already moved, set a lane up, or bunkered you. its best to just do it and deal with the consequences later. i just started playing again after 3 years downtime and my first day out i dove into snake (without elbow pads) and my jersey and shirt ended up coming up to my elbow and my elbow got a nasty road rash looking injury about 4 inches big. took like 2 weeks to heal. just make sure when you dive to keep your barrel pointed up and where your going, last thing you need is an airtank in the face or a barrel full of grass. i find it easier to do it during a game because im not as hesitant. though if you need to put your pads on and slide on some carpet or backyard
docbiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 01:59 PM #5
PoonSlayer1

I have practiced a little on my carpet and I've Ben playing for about 6 months now, and I know what you mean by being hesitant, I've learned that the hard way, but thanks!

Last edited by PoonSlayer1 : 03-28-2012 at 02:11 PM.
Old 04-02-2012, 02:13 AM #6
Paper_Cut
Keyboard Warrior

Annual Supporting Member
The first thing to hit the ground should be your elbows and your chest. Remember, you aren't trying to slide across the ground, you're trying to leap the last few feet as low as possible.
Paper_Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 06:15 AM #7
PoonSlayer1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paper_Cut
The first thing to hit the ground should be your elbows and your chest. Remember, you aren't trying to slide across the ground, you're trying to leap the last few feet as low as possible.
Thank you, my mindset was a bit set on the the purpose was to slide since when I watch PSP and NPPL they slide so much but thats just the turf doing that

Old 04-11-2012, 02:58 PM #8
turmoil
PTPer right here baby

turmoil is a Paintball photographer
turmoil is playing at Living Legends VII
turmoil supports Pev's Paintball
turmoil plays in the APPA D4 division
turmoil has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
I like to think of it like stealing a base in baseball (if you ever played). You need to sprint a short distance and then dive head first (typically) and get as low as possible. Probably wouldn't even be bad practice either since the dirt is going to be easier on your body than carpet.
turmoil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 03:56 PM #9
PoonSlayer1

Quote:
Originally Posted by turmoil
I like to think of it like stealing a base in baseball (if you ever played). You need to sprint a short distance and then dive head first (typically) and get as low as possible. Probably wouldn't even be bad practice either since the dirt is going to be easier on your body than carpet.
That's true, I have played baseball but I've always hip slid because I was always hesitant on diving head first. Thanks though!

Old 04-12-2012, 12:34 AM #10
Paper_Cut
Keyboard Warrior

Annual Supporting Member
If you look at the guys who are doing those long slides 90% of the time they weren't planning on going that far. Most of the reason they slide so far is by the time the pro's play the field is coated in paint, so they slide past the bunkers and end up having to leap back.
Like I stated earlier, you want to basically jump to a spot then try and stop sliding once you hit the ground.

So, if you break it down into steps:
Step 1: get running at full sprint, you want to get going as fast as possible
Step 2: once you get about 10 feet from your intended bunker, don't dive, start to, for lack of a better term, fall forward, and keep your legs pumping the entire time. You want to keep your speed up the entire fall, with gravity only adding to your speed, not taking over for your legs.
Step 3: Once you get low enough to where you can no longer get good traction, wait till the last moment then leap forward. This you'll have to practice knowing when the moment is right. But your body will be somewhere around 20-30* from the ground, almost parallel to the ground.
Step 4: land on your chest, with your elbows stabilizing you, then bring your legs down, so when you hit the ground your body should be sort of bowed up and you're coming in at a shallow angle.
Step 5: get as much surface area of your body on the ground as possible to bring you to a full stop right behind your bunker.

Basically, you want to do as little "sliding" as you can. Superman slides should be just sprinting parallel to the ground, it will keep you low but still allow you to keep your speed up that you couldn't do if you were simply crouched.

One important thing though: you don't want superman dives to be your go-to move. Your ribcage isn't designed to withstand hitting the ground that hard at full sprint and it's a really good way to break a rib. Your ribs are very thin, your average rack of pork ribs are about the same size as a human rib, and if you take one of those you can snap it in half with your hands. There isn't a lot of strength keeping that together. If at all possible you want a superman to be your last resort, if you can't get in off the break in any other way THEN you consider a superman dive.

Last edited by Paper_Cut : 04-12-2012 at 12:40 AM.
Paper_Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 05:25 AM #11
PoonSlayer1

Thanks man! That was very helpful information!

Old 06-20-2012, 10:58 PM #12
RIObsession
RI Obession!!

RIObsession is playing at Living Legends VII
RIObsession posts videos on PbNation
RIObsession plays in the APPA D4 division
RIObsession has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
RIObsession supports Empire
Land on ur arms not ur legs first.
RIObsession is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 11:07 PM #13
PoonSlayer1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIObsession
Land on ur arms not ur legs first.
Thank you

Old 08-04-2012, 10:37 PM #14
OrracleKennan

elbows first, lean into your slide lets legs follow.....
OrracleKennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 10:49 PM #15
PoonSlayer1

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrracleKennan
elbows first, lean into your slide lets legs follow.....
Thanks