Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyNews Ups
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-23-2012, 11:16 AM #232
martix_agent
I'm out of creativity
 
martix_agent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Indiana
Annual Supporting Member
martix_agent is playing at Living Legends VII
martix_agent is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
so what your'e saying is that i should move to South Africa to start paintball.
martix_agent is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-23-2012, 11:18 AM #233
pbdude911
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: USF/FULL SAIL
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMA View Post
Link to proof? I'm curious how this testing was done.
This was back in 04/05 im sure if you google you will find it...
pbdude911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 11:27 AM #234
pbdude911
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: USF/FULL SAIL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Brockdorff View Post
Paintball isn't dieing, it is just finding its natural level, in a recession.

We were in a recession a few years ago, worse than it is now, but numbers were higher then...

Once recession stops, numbers will increase again, but under the current formats and prices, it will not increase beyond what it was 5 years ago.

The difference is back then, people quit because they were burned out or just didnt enjoy it. Now they quit before they ever begin because of overshooting, ramping, etc.. Rarely did you hear people at a field not have a good time in 90's/ealy 2000's.. Now its common.



After 20 years of explosive growth, we have reached the peak where those in a generation that are motivated to play paintball, do so, in the US, Europe and some South American countries, nobody in a generation is any longer in doubt about our existence, or lack the choice to play paintball (Asia is still growing tremendously, as they are far away from their peak, and Africa has not gotten started yet).


A plateau wouldn't be a problem, but it did peak and its coming down hard. We have yet to get anyhting on TV besides a couple of crappy shows that will pop up every now and thn on random networks for 4 episodes. We are not in the olympics despite all of the nationalities that play it, spelling bees beat us in viewship.. its pathetic.

Before we reached that peak, we had numerous generations, that had never tried it before, and needed to do so, all at once.... and that is why we saw such explosive growth.

.
pbdude911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 11:32 AM #235
PaintballPat723
earn it
 
PaintballPat723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Mt. Pleasant/ FLINT
PaintballPat723 plays in the PSP
PaintballPat723 is an NCPA player
PaintballPat723 plays in the APPA D4 division
sounds like moneyball LINK TO MONEYBALL
__________________
XBL- GlassMatadorPlanet Eclipse
Love What You Do, Do What You Love
CMU-MWGL-AA
TRUST
PaintballPat723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 11:42 AM #236
BIGCAN-RULES
#UNDR #ACPB #HK
 
BIGCAN-RULES's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: HALIFAX, CANADA
Annual Supporting Member
BIGCAN-RULES plays in the APPA D4 division
BIGCAN-RULES supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by raehl View Post
Oh, one other thing... someone had said it takes more thought to shoot a trigger semi-auto than ramping.

If you have to THINK to shoot your gun, you're doing it wrong.

I mean, when you run fast, are you thinking, left foot, right foot, left foot, right foot....?


- Chris
I find someof your posts arrogant and condescending but this one has win written all over it. Best analogy yet
__________________
#UNDR #HKARMY #ACPB
#East Coast Kings #EPPL
BIGCAN-RULES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 11:45 AM #237
WillyW0nka
REGISTERED SEXY OFFENDER
 
WillyW0nka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
WillyW0nka is a Supporting Member
WillyW0nka plays in the PSP
WillyW0nka supports our troops
WillyW0nka plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by raehl View Post
If you have to THINK to shoot your gun, you're doing it wrong.

I mean, when you run fast, are you thinking, left foot, right foot, left foot, right foot....?


- Chris
Just imagining that makes me laugh
WillyW0nka is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 11:54 AM #238
shock2k3
get hostile
 
shock2k3's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: NH
shock2k3 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
shock2k3 plays in the APPA D4 division
cheaters are cheaters, they will always exist. when the paint is unlimited people can cheat verry effectively. the difference in the psp and nppl is that any idiot in the psp (not calling psp refs dumb at all just saying that anyone) could be trained to stop 'most' cheating. In the nppl to stop 'most' cheating you need more actual competent paintball players. They need to be on there game because it it is infact opinion as to what is too much bounce.

you have electronic bounce and mechanical bounce, verry different and mbounce is (mostly but not entirely) your slow pull test. verry easy to detect by a decent trained person. once you get into the grey area of high rof bounce it is harder to test for but not impossible. I can show you a test with a 2-3 quick pull that I can count how many shots I take, but you can also easily hear if the gun shoots an extra shot or two (ie I pull twice it shoots three etc)

the probelem is finding or training people to do something that can have human error and subjective opinions (ie team a is a home field team and gets less testing for bounce, or ref b is tired and hot from a long day and is rushing the tesing process to get home)

Personally I think that putting some effort into policing semi is worth the skill set required to play in a semi league. It is a selling point to me and if a league can offer a well policed semi I am impressed. not a true semi, it will n e v e r happen, just as long as 8 bps doesnt translate to 15 I am happy. the guy thats getting an edge by shooting 15 lefty when he can only shoot 12 is HIS risk. Maybe he can get away with it but it took skill to tune the gun that way and it takes skill to shoot fast enough to not get caught (if you are only able to shoot 10bps you are going to need a bouncy *** gun to get a consistant 15). also it still promotes that if you have more skill you will be better, as in not getting caught because you didnt have to cheat.

the fact that it requires more work for less effective ruleset is why chris does not like it. Nuff said, from a business point ramping is cheaper and easier, less grey area, less complaints... less skill

also chris you might want to think about the outcome of a more atheletic but cheaper to play format. pro teams will still have more $$ and teams with more $$ will still win. gaurentee they will have more money for personal trainers, require more days of practice etc. to compete in ANYTHING you need $$. that will never change but I think that a cap on paint is a thought towards a step in the right direction and if you have an answer to why you like hopper ball I would like to hear it, it seems like a good place to start to me.
__________________
Old feedback
shock2k3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 12:02 PM #239
shock2k3
get hostile
 
shock2k3's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: NH
shock2k3 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
shock2k3 plays in the APPA D4 division
its muscle memory, technically it is a 'thought' but yeah, if you are focusing hard to shoot fast... its more of a practice makes perfect thing lol, not determination. either way its a skill, so is cheating, so is reffing. a good player doesnt need a good ref, he doesnt have to cheat. good cheaters need good ref's or they can beat a good player.

the probelem is that good cheaters are definitely going to be in every league and the league has to decide how to police them. it is verry understandable that chris or lane wouldn't spend money or time or effort to police semi when it is difficult at best to please everyone
__________________
Old feedback
shock2k3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 12:05 PM #240
KMA
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: NY
KMA is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
KMA supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbdude911 View Post
This was back in 04/05 im sure if you google you will find it...
Nope, not finding it. I'm not only curious how the testing was done, but how they chose the test subjects in order to definitely declare the max trigger pull rate achievable by any player.

Regarding the discussions in this thread (and forum) in general... it's perfectly fine to talk about opinions based on personal experience or other sources. Heck, that's a big reason forums exist. The problems start when people treat opinion as fact, or believe that their experience represents all others, or when certain "facts" are used out of context only to try to prove the person's point. Players who truly want to see the sport grow and/or improve should be focused on finding the best overall (not necessarily perfect) answers, and not just "winning" the debate.
__________________
╔╦╗╔═╦═╦══
║║╚╣║║║║╔╗
║╔╗║║║║║╠╣
╚╝╚╩╩═╩╩╝╚
R&M Paintball - Headrush - BlackSheep
100% Positive Feedback
KMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 12:21 PM #241
shock2k3
get hostile
 
shock2k3's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: NH
shock2k3 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
shock2k3 plays in the APPA D4 division
og member laying some truth^

I think 'winning' the HUGE ***, chased by everyone, debate trophy is like world cup to some people. if people can try and debate resonably though, discussions like this give people like chris or lane insight into players minds and maybe they can one day make a tourney that EVERYONE want's to be part of.
__________________
Old feedback
shock2k3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 12:35 PM #242
smokeage
Team Foxtrot
 
smokeage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Katy, Texas (Houston)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMA View Post
Nope, not finding it. I'm not only curious how the testing was done, but how they chose the test subjects in order to definitely declare the max trigger pull rate achievable by any player.

Regarding the discussions in this thread (and forum) in general... it's perfectly fine to talk about opinions based on personal experience or other sources. Heck, that's a big reason forums exist. The problems start when people treat opinion as fact, or believe that their experience represents all others, or when certain "facts" are used out of context only to try to prove the person's point. Players who truly want to see the sport grow and/or improve should be focused on finding the best overall (not necessarily perfect) answers, and not just "winning" the debate.
He has been having this problem the entire thread. He thinks opinions are facts but more importantly that HIS opinions are how everybody else feels.

I'm personally with Nick. Raehl always makes a good argument but I feel like lowering the ROF edit: and keeping ramping would be more effective and not have as big of a backlash as making everything limited paint.
__________________
Team Foxtrot
United Front
smokeage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 12:37 PM #243
Trav2029
I Bring The Rain!!!
 
Trav2029's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bethalto, IL
Trav2029 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Trav2029 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I see could be cool I would like to see a STL field doing this I will have to talk with my field about this
__________________
3RA We Bring The Rain
Trav2029 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 12:43 PM #244
Nick Brockdorff
 
 
Nick Brockdorff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
 has been a member for 10 years
Nick Brockdorff posts videos on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbdude911 View Post
.Paintball isn't dieing, it is just finding its natural level, in a recession.

We were in a recession a few years ago, worse than it is now, but numbers were higher then...

Once recession stops, numbers will increase again, but under the current formats and prices, it will not increase beyond what it was 5 years ago.

The difference is back then, people quit because they were burned out or just didnt enjoy it. Now they quit before they ever begin because of overshooting, ramping, etc.. Rarely did you hear people at a field not have a good time in 90's/ealy 2000's.. Now its common.



After 20 years of explosive growth, we have reached the peak where those in a generation that are motivated to play paintball, do so, in the US, Europe and some South American countries, nobody in a generation is any longer in doubt about our existence, or lack the choice to play paintball (Asia is still growing tremendously, as they are far away from their peak, and Africa has not gotten started yet).


A plateau wouldn't be a problem, but it did peak and its coming down hard. We have yet to get anyhting on TV besides a couple of crappy shows that will pop up every now and thn on random networks for 4 episodes. We are not in the olympics despite all of the nationalities that play it, spelling bees beat us in viewship.. its pathetic.
You are stating your comments like they are fact, when I believe they are just your personal oppinions, and absolutely debatable.

1. Recession kicks in at a different pace, in different industries, travel, entertainment and marketing are always first.
Paintball reacted fast at rental level, slower amongst people owning their own gear, because once you have made the investment in gear (prior to a recession) and it is sitting there, at home, it seems silly not to go play. It's when you need to replace it, that you stop short and stop playing, because your gear is no longer competitive...... which is, incidentally, why a ROF cap is better than limited paint, you are no longer handicapped during burst fire, and can use old gear with no problem

2. How do you know why people quit? - Maybe they found the game boring because they did not get to shoot enough - or maybe they disliked their local field was true semi only - or maybe they could not find a local airball field? - or maybe you are absolutely correct..... - Without a proper survey, it is dangerous to assume why people have quit paintball, based on comments from a few people you have met along your way.... they are not necessarily representative.

3. People always think something new is cool.... it's when it is no longer new, that you find its true worth, and that is where paintball is at now. We are no longer a fringe thing few have tried or heard about.

4. How hard is it coming down? - Please enlighten me as to the drop in industry wide turnover. I don't know what it is, but if you do, I would like to know the actual numbers?

5. We are not in the olympics, because we are not organised as a real sport (i.e. club and federation structure) That is the only reason, if our numbers are higher than other sports in the olympics - which I am uncertain about. - Americans rarely get this part, because you tend to forget that none of your national pasttimes got into the olympics, until someone elsewhere in the world changed it from a franchise system to a club/federation system

6. Spelling Bees are way more interesting to watch to the broad populace, because they are way more relatable to "everyman", irrespective of age and gender.
__________________
I'm brilliant!....... and modest


Last edited by Nick Brockdorff : 01-23-2012 at 12:53 PM.
Nick Brockdorff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 12:57 PM #245
pbdude911
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: USF/FULL SAIL
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMA View Post
Nope, not finding it. I'm not only curious how the testing was done, but how they chose the test subjects in order to definitely declare the max trigger pull rate achievable by any player.

Regarding the discussions in this thread (and forum) in general... it's perfectly fine to talk about opinions based on personal experience or other sources. Heck, that's a big reason forums exist. The problems start when people treat opinion as fact, or believe that their experience represents all others, or when certain "facts" are used out of context only to try to prove the person's point. Players who truly want to see the sport grow and/or improve should be focused on finding the best overall (not necessarily perfect) answers, and not just "winning" the debate.
It was actually modified from information from a different sport.. baseball. Each joint according to a study can move no faster than about 15 MPH. So how can a baseball player throw a ball 90+ MPH? it was because of the combination of moving multiple limps and joins simultaneously. They broke down all of the potential joints in a body and found out that the perfect pitch could hit over 110... Anyway the very last joint that moves on a fastball is the pushing down from the index and middle fingers (the same ones that we use to shoot pb guns).

When you take the speed of these a finger can move and estimate they must move x centimeters, you can calculate what the fastest person in the world could possibly shoot.

The actual number was a couple higher than 13, but when you factor in the fact that you are not moving it the exact distance and you have to stop and reverse your fingers, 12-13 was the end result.
pbdude911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 01:14 PM #246
pbdude911
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: USF/FULL SAIL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Brockdorff View Post
You are stating your comments like they are fact, when I believe they are just your personal oppinions, and absolutely debatable.

1. Recession kicks in at a different pace, in different industries, travel, entertainment and marketing are always first.
Paintball reacted fast at rental level, slower amongst people owning their own gear, because once you have made the investment in gear (prior to a recession) and it is sitting there, at home, it seems silly not to go play. It's when you need to replace it, that you stop short and stop playing, because your gear is no longer competitive...... which is, incidentally, why a ROF cap is better than limited paint, you are no longer handicapped during burst fire, and can use old gear with no problem

Sure there is no for sure answer on this but if hobbies and luxuries are the first to take a backseat in a recession, why did paintball participation just start declining in 09? For Actual stats on the tournament decline look at the APPA website, they have team participation numbers that go back to 03


2. How do you know why people quit? - Maybe they found the game boring because they did not get to shoot enough - or maybe they disliked their local field was true semi only - or maybe they could not find a local airball field? - or maybe you are absolutely correct..... - Without a proper survey, it is dangerous to assume why people have quit paintball, based on comments from a few people you have met along your way.... they are not necessarily representative.

Of course people quit for different reason, Im not talking about people quitiing so much as people not coming back after their first time that they play. There are thankfully actuall statistics on this from the SMGA here are the results:



3. People always think something new is cool.... it's when it is no longer new, that you find its true worth, and that is where paintball is at now. We are no longer a fringe thing few have tried or heard about.

There are still alot of people who havnt tried it.. But the problem is in the report snippet above, the percentage of people who come back after their first time has drasticly declined

4. How hard is it coming down? - Please enlighten me as to the drop in industry wide turnover. I don't know what it is, but if you do, I would like to know the actual numbers?

See the numbers above.

5. We are not in the olympics, because we are not organised as a real sport (i.e. club and federation structure) That is the only reason, if our numbers are higher than other sports in the olympics - which I am uncertain about. - Americans rarely get this part, because you tend to forget that none of your national pasttimes got into the olympics, until someone elsewhere in the world changed it from a franchise system to a club/federation system

But i thought thats what the NPPL/PSP/NCPA is for? they have been at it for a long time with no results.. That is what I am saying...

6. Spelling Bees are way more interesting to watch to the broad populace, because they are way more relatable to "everyman", irrespective of age and gender.
Ok spelling bees yes, But what about things like curling in the wonter olympics, or snowboarding, or skateboarding?
pbdude911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 01:23 PM #247
pbdude911
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: USF/FULL SAIL
Here is other equipment intensive sports:




BTW all numbers are in 000's so 1,000 = 1,000,000 participants
pbdude911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 01:30 PM #248
Nick Brockdorff
 
 
Nick Brockdorff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
 has been a member for 10 years
Nick Brockdorff posts videos on PbNation
You are missing my points dude

1. Luxuries and hobbies are two VERY different things, you can't just throw them in together. I refer you to my earlier reply as to why rental had a fast reaction, while the sport a slow one.

2. I think you are confusing yourself now. You said people used to quit because they burned out, but now it was ramping and overshooting.... and then you, in your next reply, go on to say you really meant people not returning after their first time, not people quitting.
So, which is it?

3. How many have not tried it? - What's he percentage, and what's the realistic benchmark to reach for theoretic full market coverage?

4. NPPL/PSP/NCPA have zero chance of getting us into the olympics. 2 of them are privately held businesses (I don't know the NCP ownership structure), and all of them represent ONE country. They all know this, but the good old olympics lollypop is a good one to pull out, whenever people get restless and hungry.... let them suck it a bit, and they forget all their troubles, while they are deaming about travel and medals

5. What about those sports? - what's your point? - that you - personally - think they are boing?
I will bet you, that every single one of those sports, have more active users, organised under a club/federation structuce, than paintball has..... the olympics do not invite businesses to attend, otherwise I can promise you "Coca-Cola ball" would be the biggest olympic sport
__________________
I'm brilliant!....... and modest

Nick Brockdorff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 01:34 PM #249
KMA
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: NY
KMA is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
KMA supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbdude911 View Post
It was actually modified from information from a different sport.. baseball. Each joint according to a study can move no faster than about 15 MPH. So how can a baseball player throw a ball 90+ MPH? it was because of the combination of moving multiple limps and joins simultaneously. They broke down all of the potential joints in a body and found out that the perfect pitch could hit over 110... Anyway the very last joint that moves on a fastball is the pushing down from the index and middle fingers (the same ones that we use to shoot pb guns).

When you take the speed of these a finger can move and estimate they must move x centimeters, you can calculate what the fastest person in the world could possibly shoot.

The actual number was a couple higher than 13, but when you factor in the fact that you are not moving it the exact distance and you have to stop and reverse your fingers, 12-13 was the end result.
Hmm... "modified from information from a different sport". For discussion's sake, let's make the big assumption that using this baseball study is a valid comparison, and that your "couple higher than 13" comment refers somehow to trigger pulls per second. (?) I wouldn't be surprised at all that the maximum speed a person can move a finger joint is 13 pulls per second (that is very fast!), but most modern electronic paintball markers allow you to alternate two fingers, and effectively double the theoretical max speed.

Based on my experience, I feel many players are capable of around 12 pulls per second with their strong hand, but a few players can get upwards of 17-18 under perfect conditions. Percentage-wise the numbers are probably small, but I happen to know one player that could do it. Nowadays it seems less prevalent and with format changes there seems to be less of a "bragging right" incentive to prove it. My opinion is based on a time when semi was the only option in tournament paintball, and judges would test guns for bounce aggressively (often finding bounce when their actually wasn't any). Yes there were cheater boards, and many/most boards with an LCD screen reported inflated ROF (we knew which ones where the most guilty), but with enough time, souped up hoppers and gun/board combinations, we were able to get a pretty decent idea of where people fell speed-wise.
__________________
╔╦╗╔═╦═╦══
║║╚╣║║║║╔╗
║╔╗║║║║║╠╣
╚╝╚╩╩═╩╩╝╚
R&M Paintball - Headrush - BlackSheep
100% Positive Feedback
KMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 01:34 PM #250
Nick Brockdorff
 
 
Nick Brockdorff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
 has been a member for 10 years
Nick Brockdorff posts videos on PbNation
I would actually like to know how the SGMA reach their numbers.

Personally, I have never heard of a field being polled by them, and I am wondering if manufactuers readily give out sales numbers to them?

Does anyone know?
__________________
I'm brilliant!....... and modest

Nick Brockdorff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 01:38 PM #251
Nick Brockdorff
 
 
Nick Brockdorff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
 has been a member for 10 years
Nick Brockdorff posts videos on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMA View Post
Hmm... "modified from information from a different sport". For discussion's sake, let's make the big assumption that using this baseball study is a valid comparison, and that your "couple higher than 13" comment refers somehow to trigger pulls per second. (?) I wouldn't be surprised at all that the maximum speed a person can move a finger joint is 13 pulls per second (that is very fast!), but most modern electronic paintball markers allow you to alternate two fingers, and effectively double the theoretical max speed.
You are forgetting it's 2 fingers

Also, I wonder if whoever that modified the exact information, knew exactly what muscles, joints and ligaments are used when pulling a trigger.... and I wonder if it took into account the force needed, as that is different from trigger to trigger, and will affect speed.

It may just be something some dude dreamed up some time, without the proper theoretical background
__________________
I'm brilliant!....... and modest

Nick Brockdorff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 01:45 PM #252
pbdude911
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: USF/FULL SAIL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Brockdorff View Post
You are missing my points dude

1. Luxuries and hobbies are two VERY different things, you can't just throw them in together. I refer you to my earlier reply as to why rental had a fast reaction, while the sport a slow one.

sorry i dont sunder stand what your saying, can you clarify?

2. I think you are confusing yourself now. You said people used to quit because they burned out, but now it was ramping and overshooting.... and then you, in your next reply, go on to say you really meant people not returning after their first time, not people quitting.
So, which is it?

There are many reasone people quit, I am not debating that. But we are adding to the number of reasons.. Why did people in 02 03 quit? burnout, school? work? who knows? But when you add ramping you get two problems. First for seasoned players, it starts to cost more and more to play. For new players, they get shot up more often and dont like to come back. All of them? no im not saying all of them. but its certainly a percentage that significant.

I am not saying everyone who tries paintball for the first time quits because of ramping. What i am saying is ramping is a reason people dont come back that we can change. If someone doesnt like paintball, they dont like paintball, we cant help that. if someone cant play because they work most weekends, there is nothing we can do for that. But why bother worring about the reasons we cant fix, lets worry about what we can fix.


3. How many have not tried it? - What's he percentage, and what's the realistic benchmark to reach for theoretic full market coverage?

Well considering you have to be 10 at almost every field due to insurance, I would say anyone under 10 years old? which this is going to determine how well this sport does in 10-15 years when we are all old.

4. NPPL/PSP/NCPA have zero chance of getting us into the olympics. 2 of them are privately held businesses (I don't know the NCP ownership structure), and all of them represent ONE country. They all know this, but the good old olympics lollypop is a good one to pull out, whenever people get restless and hungry.... let them suck it a bit, and they forget all their troubles, while they are deaming about travel and medals

MLB/NHL is private, ONE country? there are tons of people that play elsewere, many euopean countries (millenium league), brazil, argentina, russia and now asia. I dont think the olympics asked permission from the NHL if they can add hockey to the winter games...

The reason olympics are brought up is because its the one venue that does not rely on a sports popularity. There are sports you have never heard of in the olympics that you only know from the olympics, whens the last time you went curling for example? however most people have at least heard of paintball.




5. What about those sports? - what's your point? - that you - personally - think they are boing?
I will bet you, that every single one of those sports, have more active users, organised under a club/federation structuce, than paintball has..... the olympics do not invite businesses to attend, otherwise I can promise you "Coca-Cola ball" would be the biggest olympic sport

What are you talking about? Im complaining about the structure just like you.. I believe the people who run NPPL/PSP havnt sone their job correctly.
.
pbdude911 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyNews Ups


Paintball News Rules
  1. No Upping threads. If you have something to say, please do, but don't post in the thread just to take it to the top of the forum.
  2. Do not post "1st post", "1st", "First post" or anything similar (or with any other number) at any point in a thread, even if you post a comment too. It is really annoying and it will result in a ban.
  3. If you don't like something, say why instead of just calling it ugly, lame, gay or any other name. If it is old, simply post a link or report the post with a link to the older News thread.
  4. Please don't post links for places to buy items. That encourages stores, sponsored players and other people to do it and spam the site.
If you have questions, please post them in the Talk to Mods/Admins forum.

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump