PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-24-2012, 12:35 PM #1
VDOG98
welcome to the gun show

VDOG98 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
VDOG98 supports Team VICIOUS
Would the paintball industry benefit from gaining interest from large, well establis

One small example example:

Nike or Addidas develops cleats specifically designed for the sport and puts their name out there as trying the paintball market.

Would players buy?

There are many other ways that big name companies could jump in to the frey if they had the motivation and the figures made sense. My question to you all is would it help the sport or hurt the sport in the long run?

I feel as though it could help with gaining more attention, but maybe hurt the smaller companies.

would you buy these larger brands' gear if it outperformed your current setup?

opinions needed...

Cheers!
VDOG98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-24-2012, 03:32 PM #2
ILKx

ILKx supports Team VICIOUS
ILKx is attending Decay of Nations VI
I think it would hurt the other companies as I don't see anybody with Hkarmy cleats anyway. Most people just use regular cleats for football, baseball, etc. me for example using 20 dollar sports authority cleats because they work, an they're cheap, both things everybody wants in a product. I don't know anything about the hk cleats and for 80 bucks I don't plan on it. Just carrying on from your example but if we were to bring up say jerseys or pants made by Nike, I think the general public would for the most part stick to paintball companies because those companies know what their consumers want and how they use them. Nike would have to hire a smart player to control the paintball section of their products and wait a couple years to get the experience since its such a huge difference from their other products
ILKx is offline   Reply With Quote