PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-03-2012, 04:34 PM #1
hotch
runner

Question Special Rounds

Hey guys i have been thinking about getting back into paintball recently but as a poor college kid i have been leaning towards playing pump. Because pump markers are at a clear disadvantage to most speedball guns and semi-automatic markers at that in terms of rate of fire, why not make a pump insanely accurate and have a longer range?

After reading pages and pages of "there is no way to increase shot distance without increasing the velocity of the paint OR getting an apex/flatline" (ew) the only clear way to give a marker increased range and accuracy is by tampering with the round itself.

Scenario Dreams is a small business that offers "sniper rounds" at a cheaper price than First Strike. After looking at the videos and posts regarding these rounds, i believe that they are the best way to go to increase shot distance and accuracy.

TL;DR.... is Scenario Dreams still in business? Their website looks inactive.

Below is a link to their site and the rounds.
http://www.scenariodreams.com/produc...niper_rnds.htm

P.S i'm not positive this is the right forum to post this on but whatever
Thanks!
MKX Alias rocket launcher
hotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 09:17 PM #2
robot0ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotch View Post
Hey guys i have been thinking about getting back into paintball recently but as a poor college kid i have been leaning towards playing pump. Because pump markers are at a clear disadvantage to most speedball guns and semi-automatic markers at that in terms of rate of fire, why not make a pump insanely accurate and have a longer range?

After reading pages and pages of "there is no way to increase shot distance without increasing the velocity of the paint OR getting an apex/flatline" (ew) the only clear way to give a marker increased range and accuracy is by tampering with the round itself.

Scenario Dreams is a small business that offers "sniper rounds" at a cheaper price than First Strike. After looking at the videos and posts regarding these rounds, i believe that they are the best way to go to increase shot distance and accuracy.

TL;DR.... is Scenario Dreams still in business? Their website looks inactive.

Below is a link to their site and the rounds.
http://www.scenariodreams.com/produc...niper_rnds.htm

P.S i'm not positive this is the right forum to post this on but whatever
Thanks!
yes, scenario dreams is alive and well. you should not get these for many reasons. one, you have to hand feed them unless you mod some type of feed system for them. which would probably be 20 rounds at the most. even with the extra range and accuracy, its not worth hand feeding them. two, you have to individually glue each fin to the paintballs. this takes a lot of time and with fpo fields, this makes it very difficult since you would have to go to the field ahead of time and get the paint bring it home, glue the rounds and then come back to play.

"Originally posted by Tempted: The length of the barrel."

GoPro Hero 2 for sale
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...705&highlight=
robot0ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 08:17 PM #3
Abnmp78

I trie them. Are more accurate similar to first strike rounds. As stated you have to glue them. If it isn't done correctly they fall apart and fly everywhere. Single feed.
Playing pump isn't a disadvantage. You play differently. But nothing feels better than hearing a guy saying as he walks off the field "the f....ing Pump guy got me!"

And yes you save plenty of paint.
Abnmp78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 01:05 PM #4
Boom Master
Scenario Player

Well, that is MOSTLY correct. You are limited to the field's muzzle velocity limit. Thus your paintball has so much kinetic energy at a given distance. There is a threshold for how much kinetic energy a paintball has to have to break and mark an opponent. A well padded gut vs right between the eyes of a mask requires different minimum kinetic energies to break.

Up to this, all players, markers, and upgraded hardware are created equal.

Some "tournament" paint is very fragile. Drop your paint onto concete and see how far it has to drop to break. Field paint can drop 2-3-4 feet and bounce. True tournament grade paint (just because it says it on the box does not make it real trournament paint) will break under 18 inches.

That obviously requires less kinetic energy to break and thus will break at LONGER distances than field paint.

Of course you have to play where you are allowed to use your own paint or they sell real tournament grade paint.

Then you have to have a marker that will consistently shoot it without breaking in you breech or barrel. Typically a low pressure, tournament marker. Not necessarily a pump which I do not know alot about since the last on I had was a Tippman SL 98 about 20 years ago.

So after you have all that working, you have to go on your quest for Accuracy. Paint is not round and that limits how tight your ball pattern is regardless of your upgrades. If it isn't round when it leave that super duper expensive barrel, it won't fly accurately. Hopefully that tournament grade paint is rounder than your opponents. That is where the modified paintball rounds with fins address that issue. An advantage at the expense of rate of fire.

The critical element from here on is getting the elevation right for the ball to drop onto your opponents facemask. Something HARD to break paint on and usually exposed to shoot at. Very convenient.

So now all you need is the auto rangefinder. You have to make it. Can't buy it. Not too hard, expensive, or requires a lot of tools. Just takes a LOT of time. You did say poor student......... More time than money...

E mail me for info. ddupont@charter.net

If you haven't grown up by age 50........

You don't have to......
Boom Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 03:25 PM #5
robot0ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Master View Post
Well, that is MOSTLY correct. You are limited to the field's muzzle velocity limit. Thus your paintball has so much kinetic energy at a given distance. There is a threshold for how much kinetic energy a paintball has to have to break and mark an opponent. A well padded gut vs right between the eyes of a mask requires different minimum kinetic energies to break.

Up to this, all players, markers, and upgraded hardware are created equal.

Some "tournament" paint is very fragile. Drop your paint onto concete and see how far it has to drop to break. Field paint can drop 2-3-4 feet and bounce. True tournament grade paint (just because it says it on the box does not make it real trournament paint) will break under 18 inches.

That obviously requires less kinetic energy to break and thus will break at LONGER distances than field paint.

Of course you have to play where you are allowed to use your own paint or they sell real tournament grade paint.

Then you have to have a marker that will consistently shoot it without breaking in you breech or barrel. Typically a low pressure, tournament marker. Not necessarily a pump which I do not know alot about since the last on I had was a Tippman SL 98 about 20 years ago.

So after you have all that working, you have to go on your quest for Accuracy. Paint is not round and that limits how tight your ball pattern is regardless of your upgrades. If it isn't round when it leave that super duper expensive barrel, it won't fly accurately. Hopefully that tournament grade paint is rounder than your opponents. That is where the modified paintball rounds with fins address that issue. An advantage at the expense of rate of fire.

The critical element from here on is getting the elevation right for the ball to drop onto your opponents facemask. Something HARD to break paint on and usually exposed to shoot at. Very convenient.

So now all you need is the auto rangefinder. You have to make it. Can't buy it. Not too hard, expensive, or requires a lot of tools. Just takes a LOT of time. You did say poor student......... More time than money...

E mail me for info. ddupont@charter.net
why does he need a range finder for paintball and the roundness of a paintball has little effect when you put the scenario dreams tail on since the ball wont spin with it on

GoPro Hero 2 for sale
Old 07-09-2012, 01:07 PM #6
hotch
runner

Thanks for all of the replies guys, it means a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robot0ninja View Post
you have to hand feed them unless you mod some type of feed system for them

you have to individually glue each fin to the paintballs. this takes a lot of time

you would have to go to the field ahead of time

All very good points, but i am working on a pump loader for these rounds if i cannot get them to fit through the 15rd tube on top atm. The field that i play at is pretty close to my house and within the week i should be getting a zx6r which gets 50mpg+ so that isn't an issue

As for Scenario Dreams being up and running, that's awesome, especially because of the unique product that they make.

The feed mechanism will be complete in hopefully a week or two, so there will be pics being uploaded pretty soon! Thanks guys.
MKX Alias rocket launcher
hotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 01:46 PM #7
Countingthedays

Countingthedays owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Countingthedays is attending Decay of Nations VI
Off topic, but I don't know anyones stock ZX who gets better than 50MPG. Unless you ride realllll slow.
Old 07-09-2012, 07:50 PM #8
robot0ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotch View Post
Thanks for all of the replies guys, it means a lot.

All very good points, but i am working on a pump loader for these rounds if i cannot get them to fit through the 15rd tube on top atm. The field that i play at is pretty close to my house and within the week i should be getting a zx6r which gets 50mpg+ so that isn't an issue

As for Scenario Dreams being up and running, that's awesome, especially because of the unique product that they make.

The feed mechanism will be complete in hopefully a week or two, so there will be pics being uploaded pretty soon! Thanks guys.
ive seen bolt action guns made specifically for these, mag fed and all. but still. after all that time and money, might as well shoot first strike out of a t9.1

GoPro Hero 2 for sale