Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2013, 10:01 AM #1744
Rampager2000
-Voted best Avvy 2011 <3-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate Mafia View Post
lol You sir, are a class act.

You bring your triton or hemi and come help us tow a few things. Make sure you have a goose neck. I've seen F350 gassers dead stopped on hills around here because they cannot make the incline, and that ticking manifold that every ford gas engine seems to have is unbearable.

Work truck /=/ tow truck
Whoa, the fact you instantly went to newer engines proves your lack of knowledge with people who actually work with them.

Almost everyone I know with gas WORK trucks around here are working with big blocks. The gasser Dodge is advertising for is a 6.1l V8 making 430tq. This is more than enough for towing purposes.

Then again, I have neither in my truck. I have a Chevy with a 6.0 and have, on a number of occasions, towed goosenecks with 2 tractors on it and my truck does just fine. I would like to have a diesel for the power/reliability/gas mileage, but I know I don't need it.

And the fact you singled out a part of my original argument and made it to be an issue is kind of pitiful. My original point was how cool it is we're getting diesel engines in half ton trucks. Then it was to point out to Pete diesel engines aren't only for work trucks and that a work truck can still do what it needs to do with a strong gas engine.

I use my truck for work. And I didn't even have to buy a dually to do so. And I know a plethora of people who do work in their trucks WITHOUT diesel engines in them. Are diesels nice? Yes. Never said they weren't, so please, don't make it out like I'm saying they aren't.

OGPT: It's Not Rocket Surgery
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-14-2013, 10:24 AM #1745
wrecked

Old 11-14-2013, 11:57 AM #1746
Pirate Mafia
Affiliated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rampager2000 View Post
Whoa, the fact you instantly went to newer engines proves your lack of knowledge with people who actually work with them.

Almost everyone I know with gas WORK trucks around here are working with big blocks. The gasser Dodge is advertising for is a 6.1l V8 making 430tq. This is more than enough for towing purposes.

Then again, I have neither in my truck. I have a Chevy with a 6.0 and have, on a number of occasions, towed goosenecks with 2 tractors on it and my truck does just fine. I would like to have a diesel for the power/reliability/gas mileage, but I know I don't need it.

And the fact you singled out a part of my original argument and made it to be an issue is kind of pitiful. My original point was how cool it is we're getting diesel engines in half ton trucks. Then it was to point out to Pete diesel engines aren't only for work trucks and that a work truck can still do what it needs to do with a strong gas engine.

I use my truck for work. And I didn't even have to buy a dually to do so. And I know a plethora of people who do work in their trucks WITHOUT diesel engines in them. Are diesels nice? Yes. Never said they weren't, so please, don't make it out like I'm saying they aren't.

Plz go.

Take your pseudo knowledge with you.
Old 11-14-2013, 11:58 AM #1747
lowbudgethero
Boomer

has been a member for 10 years
depends on what your towing
Old 11-14-2013, 01:59 PM #1748
Pirate Mafia
Affiliated

6 horse head to head

8.1l chevy couldn't pull it comfortably.
Old 11-14-2013, 02:10 PM #1749
lowbudgethero
Boomer

Yep, depends on your application. Gas works fine for a lot of stuff, but the really big stuff on something other than country roads the diesels are better. Most "work" trucks don't haul that much anyway, mostly just equipment trailers.
Old 11-14-2013, 02:18 PM #1750
Featherlite 07
straight cash homie

Featherlite 07 is playing at Living Legends III
Featherlite 07 is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by volcomstone2262 View Post
Nothing new peaks my interest.

2010 Audi S4
2006 BMW M5 (Sold)
ST:A - We pass school busses at 140

"That is the unmistakable low rumble of a turbocharged flat 4, which signals the imminent arrival of a moron." -J. Clarkson
Old 11-14-2013, 02:20 PM #1751
Pirate Mafia
Affiliated

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowbudgethero View Post
Yep, depends on your application. Gas works fine for a lot of stuff, but the really big stuff on something other than country roads the diesels are better. Most "work" trucks don't haul that much anyway, mostly just equipment trailers.
Or a utili-body with a couple hammers and screwdrivers, maybe the occasional shovel.

But to say that the 6.1 dodges, 8.1 chevys, or the fords can keep up with a diesel isn't just close minded, its retarded.
Old 11-14-2013, 02:28 PM #1752
lowbudgethero
Boomer

agreed, one just needs to look at torque output and rpm
Old 11-14-2013, 02:37 PM #1753
yuik
Mr Diet Coke on the Rocks

Annual Supporting Member
yuik is playing at Living Legends V
yuik is playing at Living Legends VI
yuik is an NCPA player
yuik plays in the APPA D4 division
yuik is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
yuik is Legendary
Quote:
lol You sir, are a class act. You bring your triton or hemi and come help us tow a few things. Make sure you have a goose neck. I've seen F350 gassers dead stopped on hills around here because they cannot make the incline, and that ticking manifold that every ford gas engine seems to have is unbearable. Work truck /=/ tow truck
This

Your from Essex country right ?

Some of those hills in west Milford there's no way you would tow a big horse trailer up them with a gas f350

Huge gearbag sale. Everything you can imagine including bob saget!

RED JMJ Smooth Mill viking RobTown Valve Ultralight Frame!
Old 11-14-2013, 02:57 PM #1754
Pirate Mafia
Affiliated

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuik View Post
This

Your from Essex country right ?

Some of those hills in west Milford there's no way you would tow a big horse trailer up them with a gas f350
Sussex, even worse. But we've had hauls that cross through the newfoundland/west milford area

Had to pull over high point more than a few times
Old 11-15-2013, 11:44 AM #1755
Rampager2000
-Voted best Avvy 2011 <3-

Quote:
Or a utili-body with a couple hammers and screwdrivers, maybe the occasional shovel.

But to say that the 6.1 dodges, 8.1 chevys, or the fords can keep up with a diesel isn't just close minded, its retarded.
And I never said that. But hey, I mean, you putting words in my mouth seems to work for you.

Even then, I've seen gassers pulling more than I see the average guy in a diesel pulling. Most of the guys I know with work trucks will never pull anything more than a boat so what's the point of buying a big truck? I have a gas 3/4ton and it's enough for what I need. I would like a diesel but I also don't need one.

You put words in my mouth and ran off on what you were believing I was saying. Multiple times I said diesels are better and, hell, I would rather have one and plan to get one in the next few months. 850tq vs. 4XX is no competition and I wouldn't pretend that it is.

So go on and believe what you want. You just made yourself look like a jackass when all I was saying is you don't always need a diesel.

Edit: And I've pulled heavier loads than a big horse trailer up some pretty steep hills just fine and I have a ****ty 4L60 that doesn't like it at all.

OGPT: It's Not Rocket Surgery
Old 11-15-2013, 12:56 PM #1756
Pirate Mafia
Affiliated

Quote:
And I never said that. But hey, I mean, you putting words in my mouth seems to work for you.

Even then, I've seen gassers pulling more than I see the average guy in a diesel pulling. Most of the guys I know with work trucks will never pull anything more than a boat so what's the point of buying a big truck? I have a gas 3/4ton and it's enough for what I need. I would like a diesel but I also don't need one.

You put words in my mouth and ran off on what you were believing I was saying. Multiple times I said diesels are better and, hell, I would rather have one and plan to get one in the next few months. 850tq vs. 4XX is no competition and I wouldn't pretend that it is.

So go on and believe what you want. You just made yourself look like a jackass when all I was saying is you don't always need a diesel.

Edit: And I've pulled heavier loads than a big horse trailer up some pretty steep hills just fine and I have a ****ty 4L60 that doesn't like it at all.
Quote:
Hell, I have a 3/4 truck with a 6.0 gas in it that pulls the same **** as a Duramax.
O rly? I'd like to see it pull the same **** as a Dmax

Your heavy load /=/ Actual Heavy loads
Old 11-15-2013, 01:34 PM #1757
Alan777
Tree Fitty

You both dropped a heavy load on this thread.
1994 BMW 325is
2013 Subaru Impreza Sport
Old 11-15-2013, 01:45 PM #1758
DyePaintballer2k11
Greek, I am it

DyePaintballer2k11 helped look for balloons
DyePaintballer2k11 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
DyePaintballer2k11 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
DyePaintballer2k11 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by volcomstone2262 View Post
I will probably never buy a new car to be honest. Working at a dealership has shown me how much I hate new cars as well.

Nothing new peaks my interest. I would rather buy the cars I grew up loving and being able to enjoy them in my early 20's than be stuck in something boring.

Life is too short to drive "Meh" Cars

So no.
That's what I use to say. Then I bought my new car that is cheap to drive, is comfortable, and I never have to worry about it when I drive distances. It may be boring, but at the moment life is a lot nicer.

USAF
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine.
And the machine is bleeding to death.
Old 11-15-2013, 02:04 PM #1759
volcomstone2262
Get it HONEY

volcomstone2262 is a Supporting Member
volcomstone2262 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Did an HID retrofit and a couple other things as well.

Old 11-15-2013, 02:27 PM #1760
cynicalrider
robert paulson

cynicalrider owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
cynicalrider owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
cynicalrider is for the Gunfight
cynicalrider supports Pev's Paintball
"Originally posted by visualx: hey everyone, look at me. i call people poor though i make absolutely nothing; brag about my job as an intern or some ****; hate on people for not being fat like me; and absolutely never have any idea what i'm talking about, though i always have a ****ing righteous indignation with everything i say! aren't i ****ing amazing?! do you all like me yet?! oh, you know that hate is just a guise! good thing i have a ****ing amazing life! now let me go **** my fat girlfriend and cry myself to sleep"

ST:A - Not your Myspace Blog.
Old 11-15-2013, 02:28 PM #1761
Alan777
Tree Fitty

GNAR .
1994 BMW 325is
Old 11-15-2013, 02:33 PM #1762
RBR321
I'll bring the pizzas.

RBR321 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
RBR321 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
RBR321 supports Team VICIOUS
RBR321 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynicalrider View Post
This isn't the Pines, is it?
"Originally posted by XSVterror16 V.4: Alright, let me break this down for you. Subaru is a company with stars and a blue background in it's symbol. The national color of Australia is blue and their nights have lots of stars in the sky. Subaru uses bockster motors from Porches. Subaru is Australian and uses Porche motors in their cars. Understand?"
'MURICA
Old 11-15-2013, 03:16 PM #1763
cynicalrider
robert paulson

cynicalrider owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
cynicalrider owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
cynicalrider is for the Gunfight
cynicalrider supports Pev's Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by RBR321 View Post
This isn't the Pines, is it?
It is.

Not Wharton though, don't wanna drown my truck.
"Originally posted by visualx: hey everyone, look at me. i call people poor though i make absolutely nothing; brag about my job as an intern or some ****; hate on people for not being fat like me; and absolutely never have any idea what i'm talking about, though i always have a ****ing righteous indignation with everything i say! aren't i ****ing amazing?! do you all like me yet?! oh, you know that hate is just a guise! good thing i have a ****ing amazing life! now let me go **** my fat girlfriend and cry myself to sleep"

ST:A - Not your Myspace Blog.
Old 11-16-2013, 09:02 AM #1764
Alan777
Tree Fitty

1994 BMW 325is
Closed Thread