Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2013, 08:16 AM #841
cynicalrider
robert paulson

cynicalrider owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
cynicalrider owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
cynicalrider is for the Gunfight
cynicalrider supports Pev's Paintball
Oh that's right you hated PSP mode and **** right? I played both PSP and had a LV headband/ still do.
"Originally posted by visualx: hey everyone, look at me. i call people poor though i make absolutely nothing; brag about my job as an intern or some ****; hate on people for not being fat like me; and absolutely never have any idea what i'm talking about, though i always have a ****ing righteous indignation with everything i say! aren't i ****ing amazing?! do you all like me yet?! oh, you know that hate is just a guise! good thing i have a ****ing amazing life! now let me go **** my fat girlfriend and cry myself to sleep"

ST:A - Not your Myspace Blog.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-23-2013, 08:26 AM #842
Featherlite 07
straight cash homie

has been a member for 10 years
Featherlite 07 is playing at Living Legends III
Featherlite 07 is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
I didn't really mind that. PSP mode came out at the tail end of my playing days. Which btw I sucked and barely did a couple of local tourneys at the newb level so you were definitely far better than me. If I recall, ramping boards were out well before PSP, but they were not legal. The cheating became so widespread, I think PSP just said **** it, you can ramp but only to 13bps or whatever their cap was. I think it was a good rule because it became so hard to police the ramping. What really annoyed me was the cheater boards that were coming out starting probably 2 years before that.

"Debounce."

I may have not been an elite tourney player, but I have been on this board a long time and am pretty active. I never saw one person complain about this problem of "trigger bounce" before the WAS board came out and fixed it. I had an Angel before that and it never bounced. I had a shocker and that never bounced. My e-blade cocker had one of these "bounce-fixing boards," and low and behold you set it right and it will bounce like crazy. The HK stuff was even worse because they were building guns with hidden modes. So you would turn the eye off and it would be normal, you chrony, the ref tests it, its fine. Then you turn the eye on and it goes back to bouncing/ramping. JP had one of the first ones. Also they wouldn't sell them to just anyone, there was some big selective mentality BS, so JP's speed was like the most hyped gun on here for a while.

This thread has now been hijacked.

2010 Audi S4
2006 BMW M5 (Sold)
ST:A - We pass school busses at 140

"That is the unmistakable low rumble of a turbocharged flat 4, which signals the imminent arrival of a moron." -J. Clarkson
Old 01-23-2013, 08:36 AM #843
Supra_MKIII
Check your math.

You guys should probably take this discussion to a paintball website...

2001 Viggen // Stage 1 Oil Injection // Stage 3 Exhaust Leak // Wet Clutch Mod
Old 01-23-2013, 08:40 AM #844
cynicalrider
robert paulson

Ah yeah I remember debounce and all the hidden **** too. All that stuff ended up being way too complicated for me to ever want to **** with. In reality though even if they set their ramping **** to the highest they could their halo's really could only keep up until the spring load was complete. I still have 2 DM6's, maybe I'll get out and play again. I was never all that good either to be honest. Definitely not the best player on the team when we got to the national level.
"Originally posted by visualx: hey everyone, look at me. i call people poor though i make absolutely nothing; brag about my job as an intern or some ****; hate on people for not being fat like me; and absolutely never have any idea what i'm talking about, though i always have a ****ing righteous indignation with everything i say! aren't i ****ing amazing?! do you all like me yet?! oh, you know that hate is just a guise! good thing i have a ****ing amazing life! now let me go **** my fat girlfriend and cry myself to sleep"

Old 01-23-2013, 08:43 AM #845
lowbudgethero
Boomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Featherlite 07 View Post
I didn't really mind that. PSP mode came out at the tail end of my playing days. Which btw I sucked and barely did a couple of local tourneys at the newb level so you were definitely far better than me. If I recall, ramping boards were out well before PSP, but they were not legal. The cheating became so widespread, I think PSP just said **** it, you can ramp but only to 13bps or whatever their cap was. I think it was a good rule because it became so hard to police the ramping. What really annoyed me was the cheater boards that were coming out starting probably 2 years before that.

"Debounce."

I may have not been an elite tourney player, but I have been on this board a long time and am pretty active. I never saw one person complain about this problem of "trigger bounce" before the WAS board came out and fixed it. I had an Angel before that and it never bounced. I had a shocker and that never bounced. My e-blade cocker had one of these "bounce-fixing boards," and low and behold you set it right and it will bounce like crazy. The HK stuff was even worse because they were building guns with hidden modes. So you would turn the eye off and it would be normal, you chrony, the ref tests it, its fine. Then you turn the eye on and it goes back to bouncing/ramping. JP had one of the first ones. Also they wouldn't sell them to just anyone, there was some big selective mentality BS, so JP's speed was like the most hyped gun on here for a while.

This thread has now been hijacked.
any e frame bounced like a fiend with a lightweight switch unless they had a magnet

also, my lasoya promaster had all those hidden features such a great sleeper gun
Old 01-23-2013, 08:45 AM #846
cynicalrider
robert paulson

I remember the old timmy's bouncing like mother ****ers.

Old 01-23-2013, 08:46 AM #847
Featherlite 07
straight cash homie

I'm going to have to disagree. My angel had a spring and it didn't bounce, my e-blade had a magnet and it would bounce like crazy depending on the settings.

2010 Audi S4
2006 BMW M5 (Sold)

"That is the unmistakable low rumble of a turbocharged flat 4, which signals the imminent arrival of a moron." -J. Clarkson
Old 01-23-2013, 08:47 AM #848
Featherlite 07
straight cash homie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynicalrider View Post
I remember the old timmy's bouncing like mother ****ers.
with or without WAS board? Never had a Timmy. Not buying the whole "See this gun. We used to charge $650 for it, and not a sole bought it. Then we moved the reg to the bottom like a normal gun. We now charge $1200." And yet they sold like hot cakes. That was the downfall of pb guns actually being cool.

Trolling WAS was very fun back in the day. It was so successful he had a meltdown and left PBN and threatened PBN with lawsuits if they didn't delete his account and all of his posts.

2010 Audi S4
2006 BMW M5 (Sold)

Old 01-23-2013, 08:47 AM #849
lowbudgethero
Boomer

Quote:
I'm going to have to disagree. My angel had a spring and it didn't bounce, my e-blade had a magnet and it would bounce like crazy depending on the settings.
My eblade never bounced
Old 01-23-2013, 08:50 AM #850
Featherlite 07
straight cash homie

you must have set it to not bounce. Turn the filter thing down to zero and see what happens.

2010 Audi S4
2006 BMW M5 (Sold)

Old 01-23-2013, 08:57 AM #851
lowbudgethero
Boomer

Quote:
you must have set it to not bounce. Turn the filter thing down to zero and see what happens.
Fortunately, I sold that lotus freeflow a long time ago. I feel like you could do that with any newer make angel too with the right setting. Eblades had a switch too, just it was so weak it needed a magnet to feel any real resistance which is probably why it had that setting.
Old 01-23-2013, 08:59 AM #852
cynicalrider
robert paulson

With or without. We used to mod the triggers and **** all the time. Think I did so with my angel back in the day too.

Old 01-23-2013, 08:59 AM #853
Alan777
Tree Fitty

I don't even

Sometimes I forget that st:a is a paintball website subforum, lol
1994 BMW 325is
2013 Subaru Impreza Sport
Old 01-23-2013, 08:59 AM #854
Featherlite 07
straight cash homie

*with the right setting* that's what I'm saying.

E-blade has a laser switch, therefore the switch by itself provides no return force or feedback. Thus the magnet. Not sure how a magnet or laser switch can bounce, but it does with the right setting.

2010 Audi S4
2006 BMW M5 (Sold)

Old 01-23-2013, 09:03 AM #855
cynicalrider
robert paulson

To think it all started when some kid thought that we wouldn't know about the "HK Army" fad. I honestly am surprised it is still popular.

Old 01-23-2013, 09:13 AM #856
lowbudgethero
Boomer

Quote:
*with the right setting* that's what I'm saying.

E-blade has a laser switch, therefore the switch by itself provides no return force or feedback. Thus the magnet. Not sure how a magnet or laser switch can bounce, but it does with the right setting.
Damn your right, completely forgot about that. The settings had to do with a movement sensitivity or literally did not allow for another trigger pull for a certain amount of milliseconds. Look at all the bump fire videos of real firearms so it doesn't take much when there is only 50g of resistance.

Needs more car pictures
Old 01-23-2013, 09:16 AM #857
cynicalrider
robert paulson

Need z4 m coupe.

Old 01-23-2013, 09:19 AM #858
Featherlite 07
straight cash homie

I think it is more difficult when there is less resistance. Remember those
"reactive trigger" mech guns? Never used the RT mag, but Boston Paintball made a gun called the Reflex cocker back in the day. Very cool design, and even more rube goldberg than a normal cocker. It had I believe a second 3-way which controlled a second ram/piston thing behind the trigger. It had quite a bit of resistance on the first pull, but then would basically go full auto.

2010 Audi S4
2006 BMW M5 (Sold)

Old 01-23-2013, 09:21 AM #859
lowbudgethero
Boomer

Quote:
Need z4 m coupe.
They didn't sell to many of them unfortunately. I love the design of the coupes, not so much the z4 roadster though.

Quote:
I think it is more difficult when there is less resistance. Remember those
"reactive trigger" mech guns? Never used the RT mag, but Boston Paintball made a gun called the Reflex cocker back in the day. Very cool design, and even more rube goldberg than a normal cocker. It had I believe a second 3-way which controlled a second ram/piston thing behind the trigger. It had quite a bit of resistance on the first pull, but then would basically go full auto.
My spyder would say otherwise, I had to replace the switch cuz it was too light and would just go full chop mode. I eventually just went back to mech. I think that cocker was just made to bumpfire though, the ANS quickfire trigger wouldn't do that.

Last edited by lowbudgethero : 01-23-2013 at 09:23 AM.
Old 01-23-2013, 10:16 AM #860
Matt H

Annual Supporting Member
Matt H is a Supporting Member
Matt H is a founding member
Matt H is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
Quote:
With or without. We used to mod the triggers and **** all the time. Think I did so with my angel back in the day too.
I played national events and even won an event using software that added shots before PSP did their BPS cap. Was I cheating? Maybe, but who 'at that level' wasn't? Never caught, never cared.
Old 01-23-2013, 12:54 PM #861
flalasoya
Orlando.

if my lasoya timmy's trigger was set up right i could make that thing bounce more than a strippers booty
Closed Thread