PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-30-2012, 03:55 PM #1429
Soul Man
free

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Contract Killer View Post
Oh look, Yankees fans being Yankees fans. I get supporting your team, I get that it can be fun to talk a little trash about other teams, but Yankees fans are the only fans in all American sports that seem to be such genuine douches about it.

Seriously, it's not the Yankees I hate. Their fans may be the worst in sports though.
Yankee's fans are worse than bandwagoners.
Advertisement
Old 10-30-2012, 09:44 PM #1430
Drex17
Valar Morghulis

has been a member for 10 years
Drex17 is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
Hardy, Jones and Wieters get the GG

Only team to score 3 GG's this year.
"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the deadly light into the peace and safety of a new dark age."
Drex17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 09:57 PM #1431
slateman

slateman is a Supporting Member
slateman is a founding member
Jones didn't deserve it. Trout was far and away the best defensive outfielder in baseball. Completely farse award
Old 10-30-2012, 10:27 PM #1432
DMC_OWNER
Much bad. Very wow.

You stay classy San Francisco

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-bi...8778--mlb.html

Originally Posted by NinjaMouse:But as a poster in this thread, all I can say is good ****ing luck to whoever wants to try to knock you off the #1 spot. That will take something epic. It would be the upset of the posting season.
DMC_OWNER is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 10:38 PM #1433
Drex17
Valar Morghulis

Quote:
Originally Posted by slateman View Post
Jones didn't deserve it. Trout was far and away the best defensive outfielder in baseball. Completely farse award
Fielding% and grabs at the wall aren't all thats counted though, Jones has a better range, more putouts, and Trouts time in left probably didn't help him, whereas jones spent all 162 games in center.

Honestly I'm surprised that Trout didn't win it, but jones is right there and it's hardly a farce in this example.
"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the deadly light into the peace and safety of a new dark age."
Old 10-30-2012, 10:47 PM #1434
pflfranco
It's Josh

pflfranco is playing at Living Legends VI
pflfranco supports Team VICIOUS
pflfranco supports Team VICIOUS
pflfranco posts videos on PbNation
pflfranco is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
pflfranco is Legendary
pflfranco supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMC_OWNER View Post
LOLLL
pflfranco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 12:45 AM #1435
$h@key J0nEZ
Southern By The

That A-Rod pic is the shiz.

The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they are ignorant. It's just that they know so much that isn't so. - Ronald Reagan

"A nation which can prefer disgrace to danger is prepared for a master, and deserves one." - Alexander Hamilton
$h@key J0nEZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 10:06 AM #1436
slateman

slateman is a Supporting Member
slateman is a founding member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drex17 View Post
Fielding% and grabs at the wall aren't all thats counted though, Jones has a better range, more putouts, and Trouts time in left probably didn't help him, whereas jones spent all 162 games in center.

Honestly I'm surprised that Trout didn't win it, but jones is right there and it's hardly a farce in this example.
You might want to check this out first

Trout had 885 innings in CF. If they were considering him for the award in the first place, then he had enough innings.

Trout had a higher UZR and more DRS than any other CFer in the AL. Five times he robbed a home run. The dude was a monster in CF. It's absolutely retarded that Jones got the Gold Glove.

Austin Jackson and Denard Span both should have been ranked ahead of Jones. Dumb voters are dumb.
Old 10-31-2012, 12:07 PM #1437
EmpireEmperor

EmpireEmperor is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
EmpireEmperor is Legendary
When it comes to the Gold Gloves, they followed the same pattern this year as they do every year; they get a few exactly right, they get a few completely wrong, and the rest are debatable. Molina, Teixeira, Barney, Beltre, Gordon, and Buehrle all deserved it. Hardy, Gonzales, Jones, McCutchen, and Rollins didn't deserve it, and the rest are up for debate.

And speaking as a White Sox fan, the idea that Pierzynski was a finalist for the award is laughable. He's a very average fielder, and I have no doubt the only reason he was even considered for a Gold Glove is because he had a career offensive year.
EmpireEmperor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 09:25 PM #1438
Mr.Robinson

Quote:
Originally Posted by pflfranco View Post
LOLLL
That night was ****ing crazy....i was about two blocks away at a bonfire when we heard something on the bus explode...heard it was a battery or something.

Parade today was a ****ing party

Mr.Robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 09:30 PM #1439
DMC_OWNER
Much bad. Very wow.

San Francisco: The New Vancouver

Originally Posted by NinjaMouse:But as a poster in this thread, all I can say is good ****ing luck to whoever wants to try to knock you off the #1 spot. That will take something epic. It would be the upset of the posting season.
Old 10-31-2012, 09:39 PM #1440
Mr.Robinson

Quote:
San Francisco: The New Vancouver
Mr.Robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 10:37 PM #1441
iRoNiQ

Now I kind of wish the Tigers won the World Series since that city would probably be better off if it were just burnt down.
iRoNiQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 10:39 PM #1442
DMC_OWNER
Much bad. Very wow.

Half of New York has been washed away. I was kind of hoping you had been to, but alas...no such luck.

Old 10-31-2012, 10:41 PM #1443
iRoNiQ

Jersey has. NYC is just flooded. I don't live in the city. Unlike Detroit, NYC is kind of a big deal though...
Old 10-31-2012, 10:46 PM #1444
Drex17
Valar Morghulis

Quote:
Half of New York has been washed away. I was kind of hoping you had been to, but alas...no such luck.
Yea he lives up my way.

well, somewhere between Germantown and Plattsburgh....which is a pretty big area.
Old 10-31-2012, 10:46 PM #1445
$h@key J0nEZ
Southern By The

A-Rod survived so it's all good.

The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they are ignorant. It's just that they know so much that isn't so. - Ronald Reagan

"A nation which can prefer disgrace to danger is prepared for a master, and deserves one." - Alexander Hamilton
$h@key J0nEZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 10:50 PM #1446
DMC_OWNER
Much bad. Very wow.

Fun fact, I'm coming to NYC in two weeks for an advertising convention for my major and group that I'm in. I've been there once, but never for professional purposes. Kind of looking to score an internship actually.

Old 11-01-2012, 09:06 AM #1447
A Contract Killer

A Contract Killer has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by iRoNiQ View Post
Jersey has. NYC is just flooded. I don't live in the city. Unlike Detroit, NYC is kind of a big deal though...
You're saying that it's more important than Detroit, I agree with you. You're from nowhere even remotely near New York though and Detroit and its surrounding areas are no worse than where you're from. Talk to me when you have a zip code in one of the 5 boros.

Oh and "just flooding" is pretty ****ing significant for such a busy and densely populated area like this, but you wouldn't know anything about that.
Old 11-01-2012, 11:21 AM #1448
iRoNiQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drex17 View Post
Yea he lives up my way.

well, somewhere between Germantown and Plattsburgh....which is a pretty big area.
You wanna hang out n ****?

Quote:
Fun fact, I'm coming to NYC in two weeks for an advertising convention for my major and group that I'm in. I've been there once, but never for professional purposes. Kind of looking to score an internship actually.
Good luck. There are a lot of great opportunities there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Contract Killer View Post
You're saying that it's more important than Detroit, I agree with you. You're from nowhere even remotely near New York though and Detroit and its surrounding areas are no worse than where you're from. Talk to me when you have a zip code in one of the 5 boros.

Oh and "just flooding" is pretty ****ing significant for such a busy and densely populated area like this, but you wouldn't know anything about that.
Is this a competition? Upstate NY, especially the Adirondacks, is a great area.
Old 11-01-2012, 12:17 PM #1449
A Contract Killer

A Contract Killer has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
If by great area you mean subsidized by the metro NYC area, yeah. Upstate New York is good for hunting, that's just about it.

If Westchester county and down became its own state, our GDP per capita would skyrocket and tax dollars would stop flowing out of the area. Upstate New York would get ****ed harder than a Filipino hooker.