Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-02-2012, 06:30 PM #1
marcogyver

PM7 too high pressure leak

I have an issue with an air leak around the solenoid. I think my son was adjusting the HPR and went too high. The oring on top hat was blown off and after reseating the air is leaking from the solenoid. I checked and lubed the HPR and lpr but no luck. I put his bolt in my m6 and it works fine. Can too high pressure cause solenoid to fail? Does anyone have a picture of solenoid in rested position?

Thanks
marcogyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-02-2012, 08:46 PM #2
Extreme Pros

Extreme Pros is an Ultimate field/store owner
Normally too high of pressure won't cause a solenoid to fail. The solenoid normally can take a beating before it goes bad. Your solenoid should be fine if you can still dry fire or hear the click if you don't air up your gun.

Check the solenoid gasket to see if its seated properly. Also I would go ahead and change out the bolt sail oring just to be safe.

714-638-8933
"Orange County's Premier Paintball Shop"
Follow us on Facebook "Extreme Pros Paintball"
www.extremeprospaintball.com
Extreme Pros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 10:03 AM #3
speedy2k4
BSH University

speedy2k4 is a Supporting Member
I've seen a lot of people crank their regs the wrong way and blow out the tophat o-ring, never seen a bad solenoid in a Dye gun from this. Even if you crank up the Hyper 2, air still has to go through the LPR before it reaches the solenoid.

I would change the bolt o-rings first, there are 3 that will cause a leak from around the solenoid, most likely the sail o-ring. Then I would rebuild the LPR. Then lastly move on to the solenoid gasket. #1 cause of solenoid failures is people trying to "fix" a perfectly fine solenoid.
speedy2k4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 06:37 PM #4
marcogyver

Thanks, will have to try when I get a chance
Old 07-08-2012, 11:51 AM #5
marcogyver

Turned out to be the solenoid, swapped it with my pm6 to confirm. I cleaned all valve body and flipped the oring between the valve body and 1st plastic piece and it is working again.