PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 04-05-2013, 01:12 PM #1
badmonkey38

A plea to field owners and big game organizers

I feel I need to say this, maybe others will agree with me and get some changes made. There seems to be a trend to take what should be a one day, 8 hour big/scenario game and stretch it into a two day game. There are certain games which warrant a multiple day format, but not every single one. I for one cant commit myself to a full weekend of paintball plus travel; I cant be the only one. What happened to the Game starts at 9, ends at 5 with an hour lunch break in the middle and awards and prizes at the end, boom one day game.
Some places give you the option of paying for one or two days, fine, but the schedules are made so youre only playing 4 or 5 hours, plus if you go the Saturday youll miss out on the prize giveaways on the Sunday at the end. Im not driving 3 hours each way to play only 4 hours of paintball and pay $40.
One field that does it right is Hell Survivors in Michigan, their games are two days but each day is the same schedule and amount of playing time. Game starts at 10:00 ends at 6:00 with a 2 hour break for eating and the prize giveaway right in the middle of the game, and you have the choice of paying for one day or two days.
Im in northern Illinois , there are so many big/scenario games I cant go to that I want to check out because of these formats, games held at Bad Landz, Blast Camp, Fort Knox, and White River Paintball. Im hoping there are others that feel the same and maybe changes can be made.
badmonkey38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-05-2013, 04:02 PM #2
Paintball Valley

I have no reason to bash other fields or the way they do things, and don't believe that that is your intent...there are reasons for both types of events, as each have their place. Some facilities are more apt and set-up for one type over the other, and neither is wrong. What I WILL say, is that I'd be happy to oblige your request.

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3921991

www.eXplorebrowncounty.com

Last edited by Paintball Valley : 04-05-2013 at 04:04 PM.
Paintball Valley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 04:52 PM #3
badmonkey38

Correct, Im not trying to bash anyone, in fact the fields I named I want to go to!
Heres a example:
The next big game at White River Paintball is the Invasion of Normandy, I would love to go to this, here is the schedule off their web site:
Saturday, July 13th:
7:00am Registration, paint sales, air fills and chronograph stations open
9:00am Axis Team Meeting @ Axis HQ
9:00am Allied Team Meeting @ Allied HQ
9:30am Game Briefing (You should be aired-up and ready to play by this time)
10:00am to 1:00pm Game On
1:00pm to 2:30pm Lunch Break (Hot food available at pro-shop)
2:30pm to 5:30pm Game On
5:30pm to 9:30pm Dinner Break
9:30pm to 11:30pm Night Game
Sunday, July 14th:
8:00am Registration, paint sales, air fills and chronograph stations open
9:00am Axis Team Meeting @ Axis HQ
9:00am Allied Team Meeting @ Allied HQ
9:30am Game Briefing (You should be aired-up and ready to play by this time)
10:00am to 1:00pm Game On
1:00pm to 2:30pm Lunch Break (Hot food available at pro-shop)
2:30pm to 3:30pm Final Battle
Awards ceremony immediately following Final Battle
Not counting the night game there is 6 hours of play on Saturday, not bad, and only 4 hours of play on Sunday. I just dont know why a game like this cant be condensed to one 8 or 9 hour day. Id have no problem drive down Friday (it would be over a 4 hr. drive for me) playing all day Saturday and drive home after. Id get home around 11:00 but Id be able to spend Sunday with my family.
I would just like these field owners to realize that not everyone who wants to play at their field can do these two day formats. Have one or two like this, and have one or two just be one day games.
badmonkey38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 09:41 PM #4
rexisme

Annual Supporting Member
rexisme supports DLX Technology
I believe a lot of places started making them 2 day events because while it is inconvenient for you. A lot of other people won't drive that far for just one day of play, they like to make a weekend out of it. The last thing id want to do after a 8 hour day of balling is drive home another 4 hours. When they make them 2 day events you don't play as long on Sunday, it ends earlier in the day, then you can make your journey home.

I'm not defending it, as, I am pretty much like you. But, I understand it.

1/1 Factory Acid wash green splashed luxe... Cheap.
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4281337
rexisme is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyRegional Ups