PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-22-2015, 05:58 PM #1
The Torg
tristanot plays in the APPA beginner division
tristanot has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
tristanot has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Study Abroad to London: What are the things to know?

I'm headed to London for Study Abroad soon....and I have no clue what I need to prep for. If anyone's been there and has any info or things they wish they knew before they went, please share!

Just a few Questions I have, and I may add to em:
1. Power Adapters and Cables-What do I need to buy/bring?
I plan on bringing my Galaxy Note Pro Tab, and leaving phones and computers behind. What do I need to buy to charge my tablet?

2. Debit/Credit Cards or Pounds?
I have a Debit Paypal Card, and Debit/Credit cards from my Credit Union. I'm going to check rates with them, but is it more cost effective to use Cards in England or to pull it out as Pounds?

3. Flying into the Country: Customs?
I've never flown outside the country before, and I'm not sure what will be checked and gone through at the Airport. Will it be a problem if I bring food in my luggage? Will they need to go through it at all?

4. Traveling through Europe?
I was looking to leave London and take a trip through a few cities. Are there any sites that are better than others for planning a short Europe trip?

Thanks guys!
tristanot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Old 11-03-2015, 08:17 PM #2
Moose Krew.
 has been a member for 10 years
Barber plays in the PSP
Barber is an NCPA player
Barber plays in the APPA D4 division
You just need an adaptor or two.

Check what is more common in the area. I used my card almost everywhere in Europe, but in some places it's kinda faux pas, especially for smaller purchases. I'd carry the card and bring about 20-50 in cash everywhere, depending on what you're doing (like whether or not you're going to a bar or something where you'll be making a lot of small purchases).

Don't bring food, they're pretty strict on food. You'll find better food there anyway.

Go anywhere you want, man. Traveling through Europe is pretty cheap and it's easy to find flights to almost anywhere. Just research a little bit and figure out what type of place fits what you're into. I really enjoyed Prague as a nice, cheap, fun place though. Just go wherever fits your schedule and budget.

Just relax and have a good time. I've never been to London but I've heard good things, aside from it being a little pricey. Do as much as you can everyday.
ÚSKay All Day
Barber is offline   Reply With Quote