Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-01-2012, 11:09 PM #1
pastel (Banned)

working and going to school full-time

do most of you guys work and go to school full-time? i live at home and go to a cc thats 3 miles from my house. im spoiled as **** and feel kind of bad about it.
pastel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-02-2012, 08:06 AM #2
F1VENOM

has been a member for 10 years
I've worked part-time while taking classes and full-time in my summers off while going to school. If you're smart you'll "work" for student government as it's a decent paycheck and on campus while not being too menial and resume building. Internship for the summers that you don't feel like taking classes.
"Originally posted by visualx: hey everyone, look at me. i call people poor though i make absolutely nothing; brag about my job as an intern or some ****; hate on people for not being fat like me; and absolutely never have any idea what i'm talking about, though i always have a ****ing righteous indignation with everything i say! aren't i ****ing amazing?! do you all like me yet?! oh, you know that hate is just a guise! good thing i have a ****ing amazing life! now let me go **** my fat girlfriend and cry myself to sleep"
F1VENOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 08:41 AM #3
corporationpaintball
too legit to quit

Annual Supporting Member
corporationpaintball is a Moderator
corporationpaintball is BST Legit
corporationpaintball donated to help Peyton Trent
corporationpaintball supports our troops
corporationpaintball is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
corporationpaintball is Boss
I work in offices on campus year round, the pay is better than most places with an hourly rate and the work is mindless at best. I'm spending my summer in our alumni affairs office e-creeping on alumni to find their new phone numbers and addresses at $10/hr. Not a bad setup when I work 9-5 five days a week and spend most of that on netflix with no supervision.

Old Feedback (+20/-0) | New Feedback (+37/-0)
Annual Supporting Member Council Elite
corporationpaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 05:55 AM #4
Kenny_McCormick

The trick is to land one of those really soft work study desk jobs where you primarily get paid to do homework and occasionally rent out pool cues and ****.
Narrator: [Talking slowly] And this button-down, Oxford-cloth psycho might just snap, and then stalk from office to office with an Armalite AR-10 carbine gas-powered semi-automatic weapon, pumping round after round into colleagues and co-workers. This might be someone you've known for years. Someone very, very close to you.
Kenny_McCormick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 02:32 PM #5
BunkerBomb#o1
BOALT

BunkerBomb#o1 supports Team VICIOUS
BunkerBomb#o1 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I worked full time throughout my undergrad. I worked in retail because of how flexible the scheduling was, it sucked but I graduated with $15,000 in my bank account and a job offer to become a General Manager which started at $20/hour.

I didn't take the offer and went to law school instead, but working full time throughout college has put me in a great position and I recommend it to anyone who can.
BunkerBomb#o1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 05:06 PM #6
AuxiliaryPie
iLurk

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastel View Post
do most of you guys work and go to school full-time? i live at home and go to a cc thats 3 miles from my house. im spoiled as **** and feel kind of bad about it.
you shouldnt feel bad about being in a really good situation. you're going to a CC which saves money, as long as your parents can still afford it, youre doing them a big favor. I work in the summer so i have spending money, but the money i save my parents through grades and living off campus (monthly rent is easier to pay than $5k up front for room and board) is how they can manage to pay for my school, but if i can find an internship for some full time work ill be jumping on that. just another way to think of it
Old 07-05-2012, 07:20 PM #7
mnp8nt
There is only Zuul

mnp8nt is playing at Living Legends III
mnp8nt owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
mnp8nt supports Team VICIOUS
mnp8nt is an NCPA player
mnp8nt is Legendary
mnp8nt is attending Decay of Nations VII
I work full time, and will be attending graduate school full time (hopefully two different programs). It's actually smart to go part time and get good grades then transfer after you have some cash.
Old 07-05-2012, 07:47 PM #8
Captain A v2.0
2romo4u

Annual Supporting Member
Captain A v2.0 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
This isn't high school anymore. Living at home and going to CC isn't spoiled, it's financially wise. Having said that, I opened my own business my junior year of undergrad and worked about ~30 hours a week there and ~15 from home.
Old 07-05-2012, 08:05 PM #9
yensiden

yensiden supports Empire
yensiden is All In
I work 40+ hours a week at an investment bank, go to school full time (for my bachelors in business administration/accounting (and a MBA after that)) all three semesters, keep up with my weight lifting and paintball, all while finding the time to spend time with friends/family, oh and sleep too.
Old 07-10-2012, 04:54 PM #10
BBp8ntballaLP508
☮♥♫

^You're a beast for being able to handle all of that. I'm hoping that once the fall semester starts up that I'll be able to handle my 25-30 hours a week of work. I'll absolutely have to do it in order to get by, so I'm feeling a bit of pressure already. Last year, I didn't work a single day during school and I felt like I had too much free time though...
BBp8ntballaLP508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 04:53 PM #11
CyberdynesModels101
Investment Analyst

CyberdynesModels101 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
CyberdynesModels101 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
CyberdynesModels101 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I just got a job as a leasing agent at the apartment I live at, the pays good and the commission is amazing. I go to school full time and don't think that work will affect school in any way mainly because I can do homework in the office. Plus I take Adderall so I know how to manage my time very well.
Old 07-12-2012, 04:55 PM #12
F1VENOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberdynesModels101 View Post
Plus I take Adderall so I know how to manage my time very well.
You might want to watch out discussing drugs like that.
"Originally posted by visualx: hey everyone, look at me. i call people poor though i make absolutely nothing; brag about my job as an intern or some ****; hate on people for not being fat like me; and absolutely never have any idea what i'm talking about, though i always have a ****ing righteous indignation with everything i say! aren't i ****ing amazing?! do you all like me yet?! oh, you know that hate is just a guise! good thing i have a ****ing amazing life! now let me go **** my fat girlfriend and cry myself to sleep"
F1VENOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 04:58 PM #13
ProtoBaller1991
Come to VLN my child

ProtoBaller1991 donated to help Peyton Trent
Quote:
Originally Posted by pastel View Post
I usually take 15 credit hours a semester and work at my school 20 hours a week. And hopefully I'll have an internship this fall too.

Instagram
ProtoBaller1991 is offline   Reply With Quote