Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 08-12-2012, 11:43 AM #547
iRoNiQ

In the last two days I've offered on two iPads that were very overpriced and told them that you could buy them brand new for their asking price. Both of them came back with the "Link me to a place you could get em that cheap for" response. Both times I linked them to BestBuy.com where the price was cheaper. Why do people think these things are worth their weight in gold? I picked up an original iPad today...
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-12-2012, 11:45 AM #548
buddaspankedu
Clothing Optional

buddaspankedu plays in the PSP
buddaspankedu owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
buddaspankedu owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
buddaspankedu has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by svmeyer View Post
Around 6

TRUST
Old 08-12-2012, 11:50 AM #549
svmeyer
Hillbilly DeLUXE

Annual Supporting Member
svmeyer plays in the PSP
svmeyer supports our troops
svmeyer plays in the APPA D4 division
svmeyer is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
svmeyer supports DLX Technology
svmeyer supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by iRoNiQ
In the last two days I've offered on two iPads that were very overpriced and told them that you could buy them brand new for their asking price. Both of them came back with the "Link me to a place you could get em that cheap for" response. Both times I linked them to BestBuy.com where the price was cheaper. Why do people think these things are worth their weight in gold? I picked up an original iPad today...
So I can offer you an used iPad at $50 more than retail. You pay me for it, and I can go to best buy and buy a new one, ship it to you, and pocket $50? ****, how many do you want, I'll leave now...
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddaspankedu

You didn't overpay did you?

Geo 3.5 F/S/T

WTB Luxe Parts!!
I'm looking for field gear: pods, tanks, bunkers, everything!!!
PMGWC / / Luxe Mob / /BST Elite/ /Shocker Owners/ /Ego Mafia/ /AGG Mafia/ /KGB MOB
Old 08-12-2012, 11:52 AM #550
iRoNiQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by svmeyer View Post
So I can offer you an used iPad at $50 more than retail. You pay me for it, and I can go to best buy and buy a new one, ship it to you, and pocket $50? ****, how many do you want, I'll leave now...

You didn't overpay did you?
Haha. People are just unrealistic sometimes and they get upset when they're wrong. For his price of $500, you could buy a brand new 16GB iPad 3! And then he tried to tell me that it was a fair price because I didn't have to pay sales tax and it came with a case... Lol
Old 08-12-2012, 12:29 PM #551
dehr
#1 POSTER

Annual Supporting Member
dehr plays in the USPL
dehr donated to help Peyton Trent
dehr supports Bob Gurnsey
dehr supports our troops
dehr is an NCPA player
dehr is Boss
dehr is Immortal
Those people are ****ing retarded. I had some kid offer me his ps3 and Xbox for my clone and ego9 last night
Old 08-12-2012, 12:41 PM #552
iRoNiQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by paperchasin
I like how you resort to insulting my intelligence... that is comical Sales tax is a huge deal, maybe not for you and your state (or where you're from)...but here in Cali, its close to 10%. Do some google searches on why the FTB is attacking large internet retailers like Amazon, etc to force them to collect sales tax. I personally buy all of my stuff on the net to save money on sales tax. But you must be pretty wealthy to not have to worry about saving a few dollars. Claiming someone is idiotic for trying to save a few bucks, that my friend, is ignorance at its best.

I don't know (or care) how you ship things, but I package my stuff up properly using packing supplies, pay for Insurance and my time to stand in line at UPS or the Post Office. It is obvious that this Ipad isn't for you because you don't want the extras, which is what make this a fair price. You must think I am some kid desperate for cash when I'm not. I am not trying to pawn my Ipad to you so that you can flip it for a profit.

Quote:
I never said I needed a case. Your argument is that your items is priced fairly because even though new ones are priced the same as your used one, you'd have to pay sales tax. That is one of the most idiotic things I've ever had someone tell me on this site. How are you shipping the item that it would cost $30? Express mail? Because a Priority mail medium flat rate box would be more than enough room and that only costs $10.85 with delivery confirmation. At this point it's comical, you're not the brightest bulb in the box.

Quote:
Like I said, do the math. You conveniently forget to account for the extras and sales tax. InCase Snap Case + Apple Smart Cover + Sales Tax = $$ Saved. If you were local, I'd sell it cheaper, but shipping will cost me $30+, so its not worth my time to hassle with lowballers.

Quote:
You're right, I'd be paying one cent more than the new price. Used is used, it doesn't matter if it is still in excellent condition. Actually, you could get the new iPad 3 for your list price also. So you're right again, that would be a better option!

Quote:
DO the math and you are not paying new price, you are saving money on a Mint Ipad. Put shrinkwrap on my Ipad and you'll never know the difference. But hey, if you've got the money to swing for a new one, knock yourself out. If you wanna wait til its not on sale to make yourself feel better, I'll still be here. Its your money, do whatever you want.

Quote:
Lol no thanks. I'm not interested in paying a new price on a used item, that is retarded.
Quote:
Yep, you are right...it is currently on sale for $499. Keep in mind that it is not available for shipping, so you'll have to swing by a local BB to buy one, and most likely pay sales tax. Plus, you don't get the 2 covers that come with mine. So right off the bat, you're saving close to or more than $100 with the BB sale price. On top of that, I checked inventory for all of the nearby BB and there were none in stock. So basically, even if it was on sale for $99, it means nothing because they are out of stock everywhere.

Quote:
Here is the 16GB for $400. Let me look for a place with the 64GB in stock. I believe Best Buy has them, that is where I linked the last person to who had an overpriced iPad as well.
Quote:
Can you send me a link to where you can a new one for $500?

Quote:
Best cash price if I was to pay right now? They are $500 brand new...
Life = complete. I have now heard it all. Shipping = the cost to ship and the time it takes to stand in line at the Post Office. God damn it, I've been doing it wrong all along.
Old 08-12-2012, 12:48 PM #553
dehr
#1 POSTER

Annual Supporting Member
dehr plays in the USPL
dehr supports our troops
dehr is an NCPA player
dehr is Boss
dehr is Immortal
****, seriously. Even though I just make a label online in 2 minutes and drop it off at the post office without waiting in line. But now I know I can charge and extra $20 to tell them I am standing in line
Old 08-12-2012, 12:51 PM #554
iRoNiQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by dehr View Post
****, seriously. Even though I just make a label online in 2 minutes and drop it off at the post office without waiting in line. But now I know I can charge and extra $20 to tell them I am standing in line
He's local to you so maybe he can teach you all the tricks. Personally, I package my stuff at home using a Priority Mail box of a size that fits, packaging peanuts, and then I print a label from PayPal. Then I drive to the Post Office and just hand them the box because they all know me and know I'm just dropping off packages, even if there is a line. You know what? I deserve an extra $20 for all of that.
Old 08-12-2012, 01:01 PM #555
dehr
#1 POSTER

Annual Supporting Member
dehr plays in the USPL
dehr supports our troops
dehr is an NCPA player
dehr is Boss
dehr is Immortal
That's exactly what I do also
Old 08-12-2012, 01:02 PM #556
iRoNiQ

Quote:
That's exactly what I do also
And the boxes are free and the peanuts are free because they came with things I've ordered in the past. So in order to pay for those items and my time I should start charging $20 extra right?
Old 08-12-2012, 01:04 PM #557
dehr
#1 POSTER

Annual Supporting Member
dehr plays in the USPL
dehr supports our troops
dehr is an NCPA player
dehr is Boss
dehr is Immortal
I use newspaper instead of peanuts lol. But it seems like we should charge $20 extra
Old 08-12-2012, 01:07 PM #558
iRoNiQ

Quote:
I use newspaper instead of peanuts lol. But it seems like we should charge $20 extra
That is bull**** that you give that's away for free when it costs $.50 per newspaper.
Old 08-12-2012, 01:09 PM #559
dehr
#1 POSTER

Annual Supporting Member
dehr plays in the USPL
dehr supports our troops
dehr is an NCPA player
dehr is Boss
dehr is Immortal
I just raid my streets recycle bins. But then I should charge an extra $15 for my effort doing that
Old 08-12-2012, 02:06 PM #560
buddaspankedu
Clothing Optional

buddaspankedu plays in the PSP
buddaspankedu owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
buddaspankedu owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
buddaspankedu has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
I paid 500 for the sl94. It came with the shaft barrel kit and its practically new. Its all black too. As for these ****ty offers and the way people think these days, welcome to the US society

TRUST
Old 08-12-2012, 02:09 PM #561
dehr
#1 POSTER

Annual Supporting Member
dehr plays in the USPL
dehr supports our troops
dehr is an NCPA player
dehr is Boss
dehr is Immortal
all black is
Old 08-12-2012, 02:16 PM #562
dallas.balla
Freedom

Annual Supporting Member
dallas.balla is a Paintball photographer
dallas.balla plays in the PSP
dallas.balla is an NCPA player
lol at the sales tax
Old 08-12-2012, 03:59 PM #563
iRoNiQ

It's a waste of time to even attempt to sell things on this website because every 15 year old thinks they're a hustler.
Old 08-12-2012, 04:13 PM #564
dallas.balla
Freedom

Annual Supporting Member
well i mean look at his username lol
Old 08-12-2012, 05:04 PM #565
iRoNiQ

He bought it for $240.
Old 08-12-2012, 05:24 PM #566
dallas.balla
Freedom

Annual Supporting Member
Lol. Still can't get over how he thinks he's going to sell a used item for the same price as a brand new item w/ warranty.
Old 08-12-2012, 05:28 PM #567
iRoNiQ

Just got an email that the iPod sold also. What a great day.
Closed Thread