Old 05-02-2014, 08:55 AM #1
fenskedeathcore9
Come back, Angel

fenskedeathcore9 is playing at Living Legends VII
fenskedeathcore9 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
fenskedeathcore9 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
fenskedeathcore9 supports Empire
Weird drop in accuracy.

My friend let me try his Geo 3 for a few points. My Ego 11 had always shot ball on ball so I thought I would try it out. The solenoid restriction thing was in the middle so I turned it to the harder shot setting and it shot very accurately, but when I flip it to the smoother setting, it becomes painfully inaccurate. Like inaccurate enough that unless you are past the 50, you aren't hitting anything. I find that guns that have the slow, smooth signature 100% of the time do not shoot accurately, but guns like the Geo on the harder setting, DM, Insight etc. with a faster cycle shoot more accurately. Why?
Advertisement
Old 05-02-2014, 09:22 AM #2
M98custom1212

Paint and FPS.. No gun is more or less accurate shooting the same paint and FPS followed by barrel (length, bore size etc)

What you may notice is some manufacturers mill the body on a angle so when you hold the gun level/ parallel to the ground the breech is at slight upwards angle causing the paint to travels more at a angle "lob" (as some call it) then straight line

OLD FEEDBACK

No Custom Milling Without A Deposit
Manufacturing Engineer

Last edited by M98custom1212 : 05-02-2014 at 09:24 AM.
M98custom1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 09:49 AM #3
Cromer611

Annual Supporting Member
Cromer611 plays in the PSP
Cromer611 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Cromer611 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Cromer611 owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Your gun is only as accurate as the paint you shoot. Tippmann 98s can shoot ball on ball as long as the paint you are shooting is a quality ball.. Granted a 98 would need a thick shell ball to survive the abrupt shot quality... but you get what im saying : )
Www.hustlepaintball.com
Cromer611 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 11:16 AM #4
BatmanLiera

i dont think the solenoid restrictor can have an effect on accuracy
BatmanLiera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 04:16 PM #5
redfury1187

redfury1187 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
redfury1187 supports Team VICIOUS
redfury1187 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
just picked up a geo 3..and this is occuring. its brand new less than 100 shots. using stock barrel only. but when i switch to my disruptive barrel it shot "more accurately" i know barrels and bore size dont effect accuracy so im pretty surprised when i it happened. and my sfr was all the way down. i haven't tried raising it to see if it makes any changes but ill report back.
Ninja tank SL
redfury1187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 09:59 AM #6
Soul06
The Last Thing You'll See

has been a member for 10 years
Soul06 owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
Soul06 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Soul06 supports Empire
SFR = Solenoid FLOW Restrictor

Page 26 of the manual explains your issue. Taken directly from the manual;
Quote:
"The restrictor controls the forward stroke of the bolt. As such it has the ability to directly control the velocity of the paintball. It is strongly recommended to chronograph the Geo3 after adjusting the restrictor."
In other words...the SFR is not meant to just be switched back and forth during or between games randomly. It will change how the gun performs.

Custom Ano'd Prestige CSL w/ Dart Kit - Midnight Superblue LV1
Obnoxious, NY - High Velocity, NY - Liberty, NY - Cousins, NY - Top Gun, NJ
On Target, NJ - Accurate, NJ - Skirmish, PA - CPX Sports, IL - Paintball Explosion, IL - P&L, MA - Pev's, VA

Soul06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 10:36 AM #7
Nicky T
Eclipse Customer Service

Annual Supporting Member
Nicky T works for a Paintball manufacturer
Nicky T owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Nicky T plays in the APPA D5 division
Nicky T has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by redfury1187 View Post
just picked up a geo 3..and this is occuring. its brand new less than 100 shots. using stock barrel only. but when i switch to my disruptive barrel it shot "more accurately" i know barrels and bore size dont effect accuracy so im pretty surprised when i it happened. and my sfr was all the way down. i haven't tried raising it to see if it makes any changes but ill report back.
Are you sure about that?

I'd always advocate matching barrel and paint size in a bid to enhance efficiency and accuracy.

Nicky T
Planet Eclipse

If you have an Iphone, Ipad or Itouch then you need to treat yourself to an awesome app called Field Designer. You can purchase it directly through the iTunes App Store by following this link: Buy Field Designer NOW! or on the Android store HERE!

Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/NickyTruter
Nicky T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 06:14 PM #8
redfury1187

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky T View Post
Are you sure about that?

I'd always advocate matching barrel and paint size in a bid to enhance efficiency and accuracy.

Nicky T
Planet Eclipse
after this this response ill be purchasing a .685 shaft4 back and will report back with results. my .686 disruptive was night and day more accurate than stock even tho stock barrel had much better honing.
Ninja tank SL
Old 05-19-2014, 06:20 PM #9
CatoRockwell
Mercenary

CatoRockwell owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
CatoRockwell owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
CatoRockwell owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Quote:
after this this response ill be purchasing a .685 shaft4 back and will report back with results. my .686 disruptive was night and day more accurate than stock even tho stock barrel had much better honing.
Id recommend getting a kit. Not just one back as paint comes in a variety of sizes.

There are a variety of kits that are interchangeable with eclipse. Or just the boost kit with 2 more backs would help.
"Always mystify, mislead and surprise the enemy; and when you strike and overcome him, never let up in the pursuit. Never fight against heavy odds if you can hurl your own force on only a part of your enemy and crush it. A small army may thus destroy a large one, and repeated victory will make you invincible." -Thomas Stonewall Jackson

Last edited by CatoRockwell : 05-19-2014 at 06:25 PM.
CatoRockwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 07:55 AM #10
Soul06
The Last Thing You'll See

Soul06 owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
Soul06 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Soul06 supports Empire
Quote:
It's not just the barrel. If you change your SFR then you should re-chrono the marker

Custom Ano'd Prestige CSL w/ Dart Kit - Midnight Superblue LV1
Obnoxious, NY - High Velocity, NY - Liberty, NY - Cousins, NY - Top Gun, NJ
On Target, NJ - Accurate, NJ - Skirmish, PA - CPX Sports, IL - Paintball Explosion, IL - P&L, MA - Pev's, VA

Soul06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 09:36 AM #11
Deathstalkr

Annual Supporting Member
Deathstalkr is playing at Living Legends VII
Deathstalkr owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Deathstalkr supports Empire
Quote:
I highly recommend an over or under bore. A multitude of studies and test conclude that paint matching is bad for accuracy (consistency). .002-.006 over or under is usually best.

Some people love one or the other. That you will have to determine for yourself. Each provide consistency over paint matching but underbore is generally also better with efficiency.

If you want one barrel overbore is probably a better choice but a lot of people only shoot a .678 now days and are fine. Depends on the paint and field you frequent.

As a side note PE usually sends an overbore barrel (.689)with their markers. Used to be bigger but paint has shrunk over the last several years. This is because it fits most applications better.

Now that this has derailed the SFR can change the velocity and paint matters.

Last edited by Deathstalkr : 05-20-2014 at 06:20 PM.
Deathstalkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 11:56 AM #12
redfury1187

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul06 View Post
It's not just the barrel. If you change your SFR then you should re-chrono the marker
regarding the SFR i never changed that, it was closed all day. I think the OP was the one that noticed accuracy change when he altered the flow. all i did was change barrels and not mess with sfr. what boggled my mind was how accurate the gun got when i went with a smaller bore since that never happened to me before.
Ninja tank SL
Old 05-20-2014, 02:51 PM #13
Deathstalkr

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
regarding the SFR i never changed that, it was closed all day. I think the OP was the one that noticed accuracy change when he altered the flow. all i did was change barrels and not mess with sfr. what boggled my mind was how accurate the gun got when i went with a smaller bore since that never happened to me before.
This.

underbore as I mentioned above is what most people utilize today. Some still overbore if they have always done so or feel it helps with barrel breaks (although, there are tests out there that determined underboreing doesn't increase ball breaks - to an extent that is, i.e. .010 is likely too much underbore).

Also, if you are in a humid area then overbore may be best due to the swelling of PBs through the day. You will have to figure out which you prefer.

In the end, matching paint to a barrel is largely considered ineffective. Only do this to determine what under or over barrel bore you wish to use. Typically one or two sizes either way of a barrel to paint match.

Please reference the barrel discussion thread for more information. Also, tech pb and Punkworks has some good info on this.

http://www.******.com/forum/topic/22...e-vs-overbore/ for some reason they don't like tech pb here. that middle portion should reflect "tech pb" as one word.
http://www.punkworkspaintball.com/

Last edited by Deathstalkr : 05-20-2014 at 02:53 PM.
Old 05-20-2014, 03:10 PM #14
redfury1187

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathstalkr View Post
This.

underbore as I mentioned above is what most people utilize today. Some still overbore if they have always done so or feel it helps with barrel breaks (although, there are tests out there that determined underboreing doesn't increase ball breaks - to an extent that is, i.e. .010 is likely too much underbore).

Also, if you are in a humid area then overbore may be best due to the swelling of PBs through the day. You will have to figure out which you prefer.

In the end, matching paint to a barrel is largely considered ineffective. Only do this to determine what under or over barrel bore you wish to use. Typically one or two sizes either way of a barrel to paint match.

Please reference the barrel discussion thread for more information. Also, tech pb and Punkworks has some good info on this.

http://www.******.com/forum/topic/22...e-vs-overbore/ for some reason they don't like tech pb here. that middle portion should reflect "tech pb" as one word.
http://www.punkworkspaintball.com/
even though i used a "smaller bore" (.686) it was still a slight overbore to the paint. and the problem is .686 yet still an overbore, was much more accurate than stock .689 overbore.
it states that over bore is more consistent but to what degree of overboring does it become "inconsistent?"
Ninja tank SL
Old 05-20-2014, 03:34 PM #15
Deathstalkr

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
even though i used a "smaller bore" (.686) it was still a slight overbore to the paint. and the problem is .686 yet still an overbore, was much more accurate than stock .689 overbore.
it states that over bore is more consistent but to what degree of overboring does it become "inconsistent?"
I honestly don't know that breaking point. I would assume that you don't want to go over .008 in an overbore. With that, I think it would remain consistent (accurate) but you would lose more efficiency with the larger bore you went.

You did change complete barrels, correct? Moving to a disruptive products (DP)?

If so, the DP have a longer control bore which testing shows that it increases the consistency. I haven't found what that ideal control bore length is but some people (on tech pb) concluded that it was some where between 6-12 inches. Likely in the middle... thus, 8 inches on the DP barrel should net you more consistency than a stock PE barrel. EDIT: THEY BOTH HAVE SIMILAR CONTROL BORE LENGTHS BUT ARE DIFFERENT BARRELS WHICH COULD RESULT IN SHOT VARIANCES.

Please understand that PE does make really good stock barrels though. I use the shaft4 a lot but it really depends on the paint and day for me.

Last edited by Deathstalkr : 05-21-2014 at 11:06 AM.
Old 05-20-2014, 06:56 PM #16
CatoRockwell
Mercenary

CatoRockwell owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
CatoRockwell owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
CatoRockwell owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
the control bore on a Shaft 4 is 8 inches.

Ive always loved the Shaft 4 barrels never found another barrel that outperformed them, other than sound.

Only kit I would love to get again was the Old pipe kit from Evil, angled porting made the sound awesome and much easier to clean out.
"Always mystify, mislead and surprise the enemy; and when you strike and overcome him, never let up in the pursuit. Never fight against heavy odds if you can hurl your own force on only a part of your enemy and crush it. A small army may thus destroy a large one, and repeated victory will make you invincible." -Thomas Stonewall Jackson

Last edited by CatoRockwell : 05-21-2014 at 11:29 AM.
CatoRockwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 09:59 PM #17
BP0019
Hooligans Paintball

BP0019 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
BP0019 plays in the APPA D4 division
BP0019 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
BP0019 owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
I use a .685 for all paint and never run into noticeable issues.

It is possible if the paint was very small or not high quality and inconsistent as far as roundness that air travels over or under the ball in the larger barrel and puts a slight spin on the ball. That would cause a change in accuracy.
Vypr GSL #658
BP0019 is offline   Reply With Quote