Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 06-27-2012, 07:11 PM #1
Porto6494

Need Help Fixing Up Autococker.

So I'm a little new to paintball and last time I went paintballing every person at the field was telling me to get a new frame and pumpkit to make it really smooth. I know they were saying a ccm frame/pumpkit, but does anyone have any opinions or ideas on what I should do?

Autotrigger is a yes as well.

GEARBAG SALE !!
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3627195
Porto6494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-27-2012, 07:41 PM #2
apes4us
MO

Waste of money. Change out the valve and hammer springs to the lightest you can, that will give you a light pump stroke. THEN if you still feel the need to drop some cash you can upgrade to CCM stuff.
apes4us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 07:47 PM #3
Porto6494

could you post a link or something because I'm a little confused as to what you're saying

GEARBAG SALE !!
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3627195
Porto6494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 09:28 PM #4
OneShot2Kills

Yup, just change the internals and spring to ccm and you'll have a much smoother shooting marker. If you're really set on getting an autotrigger check out www.autocockerparts.com. I don't think ccm makes anymore karni kits.
Old 06-27-2012, 10:24 PM #5
cab0053

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porto6494 View Post
last time I went paintballing every person at the field was telling me to get a new frame and pumpkit to make it really smooth.
Are YOU fine with it now? Does it work? I suggest not doing anything and just play and learn how it works. I had a very stiff pump stroke and I had people tell me to drop $200+ on CCM products. I decided to wait and learn more about my marker. Nothing against CCM, quality product, but my current decision is to pick up a madmen spring kit ($12). Once I figure out my preferred setup up, and understand how to tune it properly, I'm just going to customize it, because that's what I want.

tl;dr

wait and figure out what your wants and needs are.
cab0053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 08:03 AM #6
BiggsFX
Pump Evangelist

BiggsFX has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
BiggsFX has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Upgrading a Karnivor can be a real money pit. Cheapest and easiest option is CCM springs. This will replace your valve spring a main spring giving you a lighter pump stroke. You can get a spring kit from other places that have like 6 springs, but then you have to mix and match trying to figure out which ones work together. The CCM springs have been proven to work together well. Changing the valve will have no effect on smoothness / stroke. You can't change out the hammer to a standard hammer because of the karnivor's IGS (no external cocking rod) unless you drill out the back block.

How Autocokers work Just ignore the pneumatic parts in the front
][nvert Mini : Black #9927 / Kila Detents / Virtue Eyes

paintball is more than just a game...its a hobby

Last edited by BiggsFX : 06-28-2012 at 08:08 AM.
BiggsFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 09:24 PM #7
spartans8186

also you can take out the spring in your pump kit, take it to a hardware store and pick up a softer version of it, sometimes itll make your stroke alot softer but still allowing it to go back to normal. you can also swap your hammer and internal springs out

STORM RUNNERS PAINTBALL TEAM
spartans8186 is offline   Reply With Quote