Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 01-01-2004, 09:41 PM #1
spyder_dude
shred

has been a member for 10 years
the lpr, how to adjust it?

what does the Shocktech LPR do? how do you ajust it and which way.

BTW i searched.
Advertisement
Old 01-01-2004, 10:06 PM #2
FallNAngel
Vicious Circles

Annual Supporting Member
FallNAngel is a Supporting Member
FallNAngel is playing at Living Legends VI
FallNAngel is playing at Living Legends VII
FallNAngel supports DLX Technology
It's a low pressure regulator, screwing it in turns up the pressure. Check out www.autocockerfaq.tk I still have some more work to do, but there's some info you might be interested in.
If you want to set off and go develop some grand new thing, you don't need millions of dollars of capitalization. You need enough pizza and Diet Coke to stick in your refrigerator, a cheap PC to work on, and the dedication to go through with it. We slept on floors. We waded across rivers. -John Carmack
Old 01-01-2004, 10:45 PM #3
Drewba13
holy cow, its brian fow!

The LPR is what regulates the bolt pressure. IE-how hard(how much pressure) is used to return the bolt back to the breech once the ram is actuated. So a lpr with high pressure will return the bolt back very fast, and very hard. An lpr with a low pressure settings will bring the bolt back a little more sluggishly, but may be able to stop on a paintball because of the lesser pressure behind the bolt

hope that clears it up for you
Old 01-01-2004, 11:59 PM #4
Bimmer323is

Look in your manual to find out which direction turning the knob will increase and reduce pressure. Once you find that out, most LPR works the same way. The pressure setting will determine how much pressure the LPR sends to the ram (via 3-way). Now you may be asking, what criteria should you use to set the pressure one way or the other.

Higher the pressure, the more air pressure you send to the ram and the faster it will push and pull the back block, which the bolt is attached to. I set mine relatively high because in this way, the cycling is very responsive to my trigger pull, quick and snappy. You donít want to set it TOO high or else the excessive vibration could be problematic. Not to mention making your gun louder. Also the higher the setting, the greater the chance a partially fed ball will be chopped. If you have a well-timed gun and a fast loader, this should be a minimal risk.

Lower the pressure and the reverse is true. You MUST set it at least high enough for the cycling to overcome the tension of the main spring, if not, the gun simply wonít work. The only main advantage to setting it relatively low is the HOPE that the lower cocking pressure MIGHT pinch a partially fed ball instead of chopping it. At this lower pressure, you will notice that when you pull the trigger, the cycling feels relatively softer or spongier compared to a higher LPR setting.

Pulling on the back block when the gun is aired up gives you a feel of your current LPR setting.

Now that you know how the LPR pressure affects your gun, play with the pressure setting to see what works best for you.