Advertisement
Old 09-22-2012, 11:56 PM #1115
xFSUxlaxflip
Dr. Small Talk

xFSUxlaxflip has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by the other one View Post
They make better products than windows.
This seems to be a common "excuse" for people who like apple products... frankly Windows and Apple have both made respective mistakes with their OS choices. AS it stands right now though I find them to be 2 sides of a very similar coin. On 1 side the company utilizes a pop culture type of image to con their consumer into constantly having to shell out cash to "upgrade" through a negligent case of planned "obsolescence". That is alot of times apple produces or designs product knowing they wont last as long technologically and then purposefully hides this from the consumer. Where as the other side of the coin tries to grant you the best possible product at the moment and while they can make mistakes on user interfaces and ease of use they are generally consistent and overall well produced products.

Have you ever heard of a company running an Apple based server? It doesnt exist.. (Windows Server/UNIX/LINUX)

More over the case and argument between google/apple/android phone developers is kinda bull**** right. I mean apple is essentially trying to "patent" these concepts that arent exactly "new" nor entirely their own...

Personally i prefer products not made by apple...

Reason 1) Since 2001, there have been six iPods, two iPod minis, six iPod Nanos, four iPod Shuffles and four editions of the iPod Touch. Apple has released five iPhone models since 2007 and has had three iPads since 2010. Buying apple products is like buying a used car at the price it was quoted at when it was new... Id rather get bleeding edge albeit buggy technology for my money then "safe" but outdated products at a higher cost... oh and not to mention Apple's cost to produce an Iphone is like 30% of what they charge for it... they make an INSANE amount of profit from it while touting their bull**** mythology about being earth conscious and people friendly yet, they buy a lot of their parts from china a known heavy pollution industrially driven nation),their suppliers are known to abuse workers, hire underage workers, and exceed work hour laws...

Reason 2) The "apple experience" is a bull**** way to lull you into buying their products. They literally insult your intelligence and try to talk to you about **** other than the technology you are trying to buy. Consider this, would you buy a car just because the sales guy talked to you about hiking on the weekends and **** and suddenly tried to sell you an off-roading truck when you came in just looking for a car? While i consider myself technologically savy and thus insulted what they are doing is playing on the fact that most people come in just looking for a phone and then wow them with side bull**** that most phones are capable of anyway...

but whatever drunken rant over

Last edited by xFSUxlaxflip : 09-23-2012 at 12:00 AM.
Old 09-23-2012, 12:38 AM #1116
rT159
BlackOps

has been a member for 10 years
Antenna gate was a big thing for me. When Steve jobs convinced the world that the users were just holding their phones wrong, I lost all faith in anyone that supports the company. Another big thing for me, is the ability to upgrade as I see fit, and to do with MY products as I please. With a windows platform, I can do just that, anytime, with no hassle.
Old 09-23-2012, 07:41 AM #1117
the other one
World Peace

the other one supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by xFSUxlaxflip View Post
This seems to be a common "excuse" for people who like apple products... frankly Windows and Apple have both made respective mistakes with their OS choices. AS it stands right now though I find them to be 2 sides of a very similar coin. On 1 side the company utilizes a pop culture type of image to con their consumer into constantly having to shell out cash to "upgrade" through a negligent case of planned "obsolescence". That is alot of times apple produces or designs product knowing they wont last as long technologically and then purposefully hides this from the consumer. Where as the other side of the coin tries to grant you the best possible product at the moment and while they can make mistakes on user interfaces and ease of use they are generally consistent and overall well produced products.

Have you ever heard of a company running an Apple based server? It doesnt exist.. (Windows Server/UNIX/LINUX)

More over the case and argument between google/apple/android phone developers is kinda bull**** right. I mean apple is essentially trying to "patent" these concepts that arent exactly "new" nor entirely their own...

Personally i prefer products not made by apple...

Reason 1) Since 2001, there have been six iPods, two iPod minis, six iPod Nanos, four iPod Shuffles and four editions of the iPod Touch. Apple has released five iPhone models since 2007 and has had three iPads since 2010. Buying apple products is like buying a used car at the price it was quoted at when it was new... Id rather get bleeding edge albeit buggy technology for my money then "safe" but outdated products at a higher cost... oh and not to mention Apple's cost to produce an Iphone is like 30% of what they charge for it... they make an INSANE amount of profit from it while touting their bull**** mythology about being earth conscious and people friendly yet, they buy a lot of their parts from china a known heavy pollution industrially driven nation),their suppliers are known to abuse workers, hire underage workers, and exceed work hour laws...

Reason 2) The "apple experience" is a bull**** way to lull you into buying their products. They literally insult your intelligence and try to talk to you about **** other than the technology you are trying to buy. Consider this, would you buy a car just because the sales guy talked to you about hiking on the weekends and **** and suddenly tried to sell you an off-roading truck when you came in just looking for a car? While i consider myself technologically savy and thus insulted what they are doing is playing on the fact that most people come in just looking for a phone and then wow them with side bull**** that most phones are capable of anyway...

but whatever drunken rant over
I'm not exactly what you would call an Apple fanboy. I just like their products because when I went to buy a laptop, Windows had just come out with Vista and that's all I could find at Best Buy. I grew up on Windows machines from 3.1 to 95 to 98 to ME to XP, and I was pretty dead set on using windows in the future. Unfortunately windows decided to put Vista on the market and **** up everything, so I went to the apple stand in Best Buy and taught myself the operating system in about 10 minutes. It was awesome. I only use my computer and my phone and now my iPad for Internet and that's what they really excel at. I don't need my computer for gaming or for video editing or anything else, so I'm content with a very user-friendly and nice-looking laptop for my computer needs. When I bought an iPhone, which was the second Apple product I ever owned, it was the best thing on the market. At the time the droid wasn't even close to being as competent. Since then, it's been mainly familiarity with the operating systems that causes me to keep going back to Apple.

I do still use Windows computers at work and I'm very familiar with them still and I like some of the android phones out there. But for what I need, Apple products suit me just fine. And yes, I am willing to pay a little bit of extra money for a great user interface.

I like to compare it to my car. I own a Nissan Altima, and it's definitely not the fastest thing on the road or the absolutely most comfortable or the most upgradable, but it's simple to use and reliable and I like it. I view computers in the same way.

I blog.
Old 09-23-2012, 07:53 AM #1118
empire88

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptMotivator View Post
Way better than the original.

ALL OF MY WANT for that pikachu sounding Korean pu-tang.

If that wasn't the only song they played here, repeatedly, it might not be a bad song. Buttt...**** that song.
Old 09-23-2012, 08:28 AM #1119
Jennifer Lopez

I would do dirty things to that asian chick (main one in video)
Old 09-23-2012, 08:32 AM #1120
Mr. Y2K
Prime Minister of Canada

Mr. Y2K is a Supporting Member
Mr. Y2K is a founding member
so last night my best friend gave me a canadian airborne regiment jump smock.
pretty cool, though i feel like i'm going to be exucuted if i ever put the thing on. being that you know, i've never served in the regiment and i was 11 when they disbanded it and all.

This is my witty remark.
Don't be hatin
Old 09-23-2012, 01:12 PM #1121
UNDRPRVLGD_V2
UNDR Industries

Annual Supporting Member
UNDRPRVLGD_V2 plays in the PSP
UNDRPRVLGD_V2 donated to help Peyton Trent
UNDRPRVLGD_V2 supports our troops
UNDRPRVLGD_V2 plays in the APPA D2 division
UNDRPRVLGD_V2 is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
UNDRPRVLGD_V2 supports DLX Technology
I love my Apple products, I had a Dell and after 4 almost 5 years it died. I love how easy it is to use the my MAC with my college papers and having to go from many windows I have open to look at material.
Old 09-23-2012, 06:12 PM #1122
barrel roll
secedere

barrel roll is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
barrel roll is Legendary
I try to stay as far from Apple as possible. Every non work related computer product I own runs of some version of Linux (including my phones).
MQ2 rebuild kits, MP4 ram rebuilds, general 'cocker teching
Will soon be making super slick mid/half block bolts
Old 09-24-2012, 09:37 AM #1123
Deadly Milkman 2.0

so me and that woman are official
Old 09-24-2012, 11:42 AM #1124
rT159
BlackOps

We're shocked

Old 09-24-2012, 12:44 PM #1125
Mr. Y2K
Prime Minister of Canada

pawn shop rings are a great way to help a guy who had eight dudes run a train on a chick that he was going to ask the question to when he got home, but instead got some dudes underwear mailed to him while he was in the ghan with a note that says 'you're hung like a sabertooth gerbil, also i gave you clap'
so yeah, buy that ring for her.

This is my witty remark.
Don't be hatin
Old 09-24-2012, 03:01 PM #1126
barrel roll
secedere

barrel roll is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
barrel roll is Legendary
Hahahahaha
MQ2 rebuild kits, MP4 ram rebuilds, general 'cocker teching
Will soon be making super slick mid/half block bolts
Old 09-24-2012, 05:41 PM #1127
rT159
BlackOps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Y2K View Post
pawn shop rings are a great way to help a guy who had eight dudes run a train on a chick that he was going to ask the question to when he got home, but instead got some dudes underwear mailed to him while he was in the ghan with a note that says 'you're hung like a sabertooth gerbil, also i gave you clap'
so yeah, buy that ring for her.
We can tell English isn't your first language.

Edit: Nor your second.
Old 09-24-2012, 06:31 PM #1128
FatCitySoldier
Rage

FatCitySoldier has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
12mile Ruck tomorrow. Shooting for 2:30. No need to break myself off more.
Old 09-24-2012, 06:34 PM #1129
Deadly Milkman 2.0

I'm assuming it's your 12 mile gate ruck?
Old 09-24-2012, 06:47 PM #1130
Death_Taco
Come at me bro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadly Milkman 2.0 View Post
Old 09-24-2012, 06:48 PM #1131
FatCitySoldier
Rage

FatCitySoldier has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Yea, last Hard Gate. Can't wait to have this **** over.
Old 09-24-2012, 06:52 PM #1132
CptMotivator
14/f/cali

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadly Milkman 2.0 View Post
Im in complete disbelief
Old 09-24-2012, 08:20 PM #1133
Mr. Y2K
Prime Minister of Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by rT159 View Post
We can tell English isn't your first language.

Edit: Nor your second.
yeah it's called ****ing canadian learn to speak you **** eh?

This is my witty remark.
Don't be hatin
Old 09-25-2012, 07:52 AM #1134
Deadly Milkman 2.0

So I guess the contract dispute was close to being resolved for language school instructors but this morning they just told us "now we have no idea wtf is going on".. so I guess it fell through again lol.. we're already a month behind.

In other news I maxed the PT test this morning so hopefully won't have to be going to 0600 formations every morning
Closed Thread