Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-22-2012, 11:12 PM #1114
rT159
BlackOps
 
rT159's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Shadows of Darkness
 has been a member for 10 years
God you're gay.
rT159 is offline  
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-22-2012, 11:56 PM #1115
xFSUxlaxflip
Dr. Small Talk
 
xFSUxlaxflip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: The Springs
xFSUxlaxflip has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by the other one View Post
They make better products than windows.
This seems to be a common "excuse" for people who like apple products... frankly Windows and Apple have both made respective mistakes with their OS choices. AS it stands right now though I find them to be 2 sides of a very similar coin. On 1 side the company utilizes a pop culture type of image to con their consumer into constantly having to shell out cash to "upgrade" through a negligent case of planned "obsolescence". That is alot of times apple produces or designs product knowing they wont last as long technologically and then purposefully hides this from the consumer. Where as the other side of the coin tries to grant you the best possible product at the moment and while they can make mistakes on user interfaces and ease of use they are generally consistent and overall well produced products.

Have you ever heard of a company running an Apple based server? It doesnt exist.. (Windows Server/UNIX/LINUX)

More over the case and argument between google/apple/android phone developers is kinda bull**** right. I mean apple is essentially trying to "patent" these concepts that arent exactly "new" nor entirely their own...

Personally i prefer products not made by apple...

Reason 1) Since 2001, there have been six iPods, two iPod minis, six iPod Nanos, four iPod Shuffles and four editions of the iPod Touch. Apple has released five iPhone models since 2007 and has had three iPads since 2010. Buying apple products is like buying a used car at the price it was quoted at when it was new... Id rather get bleeding edge albeit buggy technology for my money then "safe" but outdated products at a higher cost... oh and not to mention Apple's cost to produce an Iphone is like 30% of what they charge for it... they make an INSANE amount of profit from it while touting their bull**** mythology about being earth conscious and people friendly yet, they buy a lot of their parts from china a known heavy pollution industrially driven nation),their suppliers are known to abuse workers, hire underage workers, and exceed work hour laws...

Reason 2) The "apple experience" is a bull**** way to lull you into buying their products. They literally insult your intelligence and try to talk to you about **** other than the technology you are trying to buy. Consider this, would you buy a car just because the sales guy talked to you about hiking on the weekends and **** and suddenly tried to sell you an off-roading truck when you came in just looking for a car? While i consider myself technologically savy and thus insulted what they are doing is playing on the fact that most people come in just looking for a phone and then wow them with side bull**** that most phones are capable of anyway...


but whatever drunken rant over
__________________
ST: OGPT- The doctor is in.

Last edited by xFSUxlaxflip : 09-23-2012 at 12:00 AM.
xFSUxlaxflip is offline  
Old 09-23-2012, 12:38 AM #1116
rT159
BlackOps
 
rT159's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Shadows of Darkness
 has been a member for 10 years
Antenna gate was a big thing for me. When Steve jobs convinced the world that the users were just holding their phones wrong, I lost all faith in anyone that supports the company. Another big thing for me, is the ability to upgrade as I see fit, and to do with MY products as I please. With a windows platform, I can do just that, anytime, with no hassle.
rT159 is offline  
Old 09-23-2012, 07:41 AM #1117
the other one
World Peace
 
the other one's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Yes.
 has been a member for 10 years
the other one supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by xFSUxlaxflip View Post
This seems to be a common "excuse" for people who like apple products... frankly Windows and Apple have both made respective mistakes with their OS choices. AS it stands right now though I find them to be 2 sides of a very similar coin. On 1 side the company utilizes a pop culture type of image to con their consumer into constantly having to shell out cash to "upgrade" through a negligent case of planned "obsolescence". That is alot of times apple produces or designs product knowing they wont last as long technologically and then purposefully hides this from the consumer. Where as the other side of the coin tries to grant you the best possible product at the moment and while they can make mistakes on user interfaces and ease of use they are generally consistent and overall well produced products.

Have you ever heard of a company running an Apple based server? It doesnt exist.. (Windows Server/UNIX/LINUX)

More over the case and argument between google/apple/android phone developers is kinda bull**** right. I mean apple is essentially trying to "patent" these concepts that arent exactly "new" nor entirely their own...

Personally i prefer products not made by apple...

Reason 1) Since 2001, there have been six iPods, two iPod minis, six iPod Nanos, four iPod Shuffles and four editions of the iPod Touch. Apple has released five iPhone models since 2007 and has had three iPads since 2010. Buying apple products is like buying a used car at the price it was quoted at when it was new... Id rather get bleeding edge albeit buggy technology for my money then "safe" but outdated products at a higher cost... oh and not to mention Apple's cost to produce an Iphone is like 30% of what they charge for it... they make an INSANE amount of profit from it while touting their bull**** mythology about being earth conscious and people friendly yet, they buy a lot of their parts from china a known heavy pollution industrially driven nation),their suppliers are known to abuse workers, hire underage workers, and exceed work hour laws...

Reason 2) The "apple experience" is a bull**** way to lull you into buying their products. They literally insult your intelligence and try to talk to you about **** other than the technology you are trying to buy. Consider this, would you buy a car just because the sales guy talked to you about hiking on the weekends and **** and suddenly tried to sell you an off-roading truck when you came in just looking for a car? While i consider myself technologically savy and thus insulted what they are doing is playing on the fact that most people come in just looking for a phone and then wow them with side bull**** that most phones are capable of anyway...


but whatever drunken rant over
I'm not exactly what you would call an Apple fanboy. I just like their products because when I went to buy a laptop, Windows had just come out with Vista and that's all I could find at Best Buy. I grew up on Windows machines from 3.1 to 95 to 98 to ME to XP, and I was pretty dead set on using windows in the future. Unfortunately windows decided to put Vista on the market and **** up everything, so I went to the apple stand in Best Buy and taught myself the operating system in about 10 minutes. It was awesome. I only use my computer and my phone and now my iPad for Internet and that's what they really excel at. I don't need my computer for gaming or for video editing or anything else, so I'm content with a very user-friendly and nice-looking laptop for my computer needs. When I bought an iPhone, which was the second Apple product I ever owned, it was the best thing on the market. At the time the droid wasn't even close to being as competent. Since then, it's been mainly familiarity with the operating systems that causes me to keep going back to Apple.

I do still use Windows computers at work and I'm very familiar with them still and I like some of the android phones out there. But for what I need, Apple products suit me just fine. And yes, I am willing to pay a little bit of extra money for a great user interface.

I like to compare it to my car. I own a Nissan Altima, and it's definitely not the fastest thing on the road or the absolutely most comfortable or the most upgradable, but it's simple to use and reliable and I like it. I view computers in the same way.
__________________
Do not go gentle into that good night.
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

I blog.
the other one is offline  
Old 09-23-2012, 07:53 AM #1118
empire88
 
 
empire88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by CptMotivator View Post
Way better than the original.

ALL OF MY WANT for that pikachu sounding Korean pu-tang.

If that wasn't the only song they played here, repeatedly, it might not be a bad song. Buttt...**** that song.
__________________
U.S. Army
empire88 is offline  
Old 09-23-2012, 08:28 AM #1119
Jennifer Lopez
 
 
Jennifer Lopez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Virginia
I would do dirty things to that asian chick (main one in video)
__________________
Jennifer Lopez is offline  
Old 09-23-2012, 08:32 AM #1120
Mr. Y2K
Prime Minister of Canada
 
Mr. Y2K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Woodstock, Ontario, Cana
Mr. Y2K is a Supporting Member
Mr. Y2K is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
so last night my best friend gave me a canadian airborne regiment jump smock.
pretty cool, though i feel like i'm going to be exucuted if i ever put the thing on. being that you know, i've never served in the regiment and i was 11 when they disbanded it and all.
__________________
be normal and the crowd accepts you. be deragned and they will make you their leader.
"Originally posted by TheFauxKing
Remember kids, inbreeding is everyone's problem! "

This is my witty remark.
Don't be hatin
Mr. Y2K is offline  
Old 09-23-2012, 01:12 PM #1121
UNDRPRVLGD_V2
UNDR Industries
 
UNDRPRVLGD_V2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: World Wide
Annual Supporting Member
UNDRPRVLGD_V2 plays in the PSP
UNDRPRVLGD_V2 donated to help Peyton Trent
UNDRPRVLGD_V2 supports our troops
UNDRPRVLGD_V2 plays in the APPA D2 division
UNDRPRVLGD_V2 is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
UNDRPRVLGD_V2 supports DLX Technology
I love my Apple products, I had a Dell and after 4 almost 5 years it died. I love how easy it is to use the my MAC with my college papers and having to go from many windows I have open to look at material.
UNDRPRVLGD_V2 is offline  
Old 09-23-2012, 06:12 PM #1122
barrel roll
secedere
 
barrel roll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: FL/GA border
barrel roll is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
barrel roll is Legendary
I try to stay as far from Apple as possible. Every non work related computer product I own runs of some version of Linux (including my phones).
__________________
--- UNDRPRVLGD Goggle Straps n stuff ---
If this be treason, make the most of it.-Patrick Henry
I'm a damn veteran, I've got more rights and privileges than you do.
MQ2 rebuild kits, MP4 ram rebuilds, general 'cocker teching
Will soon be making super slick mid/half block bolts
barrel roll is offline  
Old 09-24-2012, 09:37 AM #1123
Deadly Milkman 2.0
 
 
Deadly Milkman 2.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
so me and that woman are official
Deadly Milkman 2.0 is offline  
Old 09-24-2012, 11:42 AM #1124
rT159
BlackOps
 
rT159's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Shadows of Darkness
 has been a member for 10 years
We're shocked


rT159 is offline  
Old 09-24-2012, 12:44 PM #1125
Mr. Y2K
Prime Minister of Canada
 
Mr. Y2K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Woodstock, Ontario, Cana
Mr. Y2K is a Supporting Member
Mr. Y2K is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
pawn shop rings are a great way to help a guy who had eight dudes run a train on a chick that he was going to ask the question to when he got home, but instead got some dudes underwear mailed to him while he was in the ghan with a note that says 'you're hung like a sabertooth gerbil, also i gave you clap'
so yeah, buy that ring for her.
__________________
be normal and the crowd accepts you. be deragned and they will make you their leader.
"Originally posted by TheFauxKing
Remember kids, inbreeding is everyone's problem! "

This is my witty remark.
Don't be hatin
Mr. Y2K is offline  
Old 09-24-2012, 03:01 PM #1126
barrel roll
secedere
 
barrel roll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: FL/GA border
barrel roll is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
barrel roll is Legendary
Hahahahaha
__________________
--- UNDRPRVLGD Goggle Straps n stuff ---
If this be treason, make the most of it.-Patrick Henry
I'm a damn veteran, I've got more rights and privileges than you do.
MQ2 rebuild kits, MP4 ram rebuilds, general 'cocker teching
Will soon be making super slick mid/half block bolts
barrel roll is offline  
Old 09-24-2012, 05:41 PM #1127
rT159
BlackOps
 
rT159's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Shadows of Darkness
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Y2K View Post
pawn shop rings are a great way to help a guy who had eight dudes run a train on a chick that he was going to ask the question to when he got home, but instead got some dudes underwear mailed to him while he was in the ghan with a note that says 'you're hung like a sabertooth gerbil, also i gave you clap'
so yeah, buy that ring for her.
We can tell English isn't your first language.

Edit: Nor your second.
rT159 is offline  
Old 09-24-2012, 06:31 PM #1128
FatCitySoldier
Rage
 
FatCitySoldier's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Place
 has been a member for 10 years
FatCitySoldier has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
12mile Ruck tomorrow. Shooting for 2:30. No need to break myself off more.
__________________
Destroy What Destroys You
FatCitySoldier is offline  
Old 09-24-2012, 06:34 PM #1129
Deadly Milkman 2.0
 
 
Deadly Milkman 2.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
I'm assuming it's your 12 mile gate ruck?
Deadly Milkman 2.0 is offline  
Old 09-24-2012, 06:47 PM #1130
Death_Taco
Come at me bro.
 
Death_Taco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Frederick MD.
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadly Milkman 2.0 View Post
so me and that woman are official
__________________
"Originally posted by Pelto123: if this how u act in real life u dont have to worry about smashing anyone anytime soon"
Death_Taco is offline  
Old 09-24-2012, 06:48 PM #1131
FatCitySoldier
Rage
 
FatCitySoldier's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Place
 has been a member for 10 years
FatCitySoldier has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Yea, last Hard Gate. Can't wait to have this **** over.
__________________
Destroy What Destroys You
FatCitySoldier is offline  
Old 09-24-2012, 06:52 PM #1132
CptMotivator
14/f/cali
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadly Milkman 2.0 View Post
so me and that woman are official
Im in complete disbelief
__________________
My...My...My.. My culture brings all the Terrorists to the yard and they're like, Allah Akbhar! Damn right, put a bomb in your car! I'd preach to you but I have to Hajj
CptMotivator is offline  
Old 09-24-2012, 08:20 PM #1133
Mr. Y2K
Prime Minister of Canada
 
Mr. Y2K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Woodstock, Ontario, Cana
Mr. Y2K is a Supporting Member
Mr. Y2K is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by rT159 View Post
We can tell English isn't your first language.

Edit: Nor your second.
yeah it's called ****ing canadian learn to speak you **** eh?
__________________
be normal and the crowd accepts you. be deragned and they will make you their leader.
"Originally posted by TheFauxKing
Remember kids, inbreeding is everyone's problem! "

This is my witty remark.
Don't be hatin
Mr. Y2K is offline  
Old 09-25-2012, 07:52 AM #1134
Deadly Milkman 2.0
 
 
Deadly Milkman 2.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
So I guess the contract dispute was close to being resolved for language school instructors but this morning they just told us "now we have no idea wtf is going on".. so I guess it fell through again lol.. we're already a month behind.

In other news I maxed the PT test this morning so hopefully won't have to be going to 0600 formations every morning
Deadly Milkman 2.0 is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump