PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 06-25-2012, 01:38 PM #1
SNAKESNIPER (Banned)

I LOL at Axe/Mini Haters

I love when I see hatred on the internets about the Axe's "ergos".

Then there's the people who hate Minis because they're "too small".

Then there's the people who will hate anything that lots of people like, simply in an effort to appear "different".

I think the haters are just butt-hurt that mid-range guns are outperforming their $1500+ Luxes/DM's (as evidenced by Infamous's dual-league wins in Chi Town).
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-25-2012, 02:01 PM #2
turmoil
that's the bottom line

turmoil is a Paintball photographer
turmoil plays in the PSP
turmoil is playing at Living Legends VII
turmoil supports Pev's Paintball
turmoil plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNAKESNIPER View Post
Then there's the people who will hate anything that lots of people like, simply in an effort to appear "different".

I think the haters are just butt-hurt that mid-range guns are outperforming their $1500+ Luxes/DM's (as evidenced by Infamous's dual-league wins in Chi Town).
I think a lot of people tend to blow them off because they're pegged as a mid-range gun, which is a shame. For the money, I think you'd be hard pressed to find a better gun.

I don't know if i'd say my axe outperforms higher end guns, but it can definitely hang with them for sure. No complaints here.
Old 06-25-2012, 02:21 PM #3
MyJTRox
CE

has been a member for 10 years
MyJTRox plays in the PSP
MyJTRox is an NCPA National Champion
MyJTRox plays in the APPA D3 division
MyJTRox supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNAKESNIPER View Post
Then there's the people who hate Minis because they're "too small".
I definitely fell/fall into this category. I got to shoot a Mini when they first came out and it shot fine, but it just wasn't a good fit. I don't like the look of the foregrip extenders either.

I grabbed an Axe in January or February of 2011 and have shot it ever since. I was 1 of maybe 2 guys on my team (20+) that shot it as my primary gun last year. There's probably 10 or more guys with them this year.

I love that I don't have to really baby it like I feel I would with a $1k+ gun. I take good care of my stuff, but if it got scratched, I don't think I would cry over it.

My Feedback (Before new system)
University of Wisconsin -Whitewater Paintball Team Alum
2009 NCPA Class AA National Champions
APPA
Old 06-25-2012, 02:39 PM #4
Tenit

The "ergo" card gets played as soon as you mention the axe on some forums. I think I'm one of the few that doesn't notice ergos when I'm playing. The criticism I hear is the foregrip and the angle of the main grip.

I don't wrap my hands around the reg on my DM11 because the gap at the top is too small and the bottom part has a macroline coming out of it. And the DM is considered ergonomically great. Also while the angled grip is nice on the DM while holding it, when I shoulder it I really need to angle my wrist to fit it. It's not uncomfortable at all buy I'm sure someone that knew something about ergonomics would likely suggest that the angle isn't very good for this use. The grip angle is correct for a real firearm that you shoulder from the stock but marker's grips are much higher. I'm sure people will pounce on this but for me if I put my marker in position to be truly ergonomically correct it would likely angle backwards.

For instance if I shoulder my marker, get in firing position then straighten my wrist out my marker points up about 45 degrees.

Honestly a lot of people just don't want to believe that their isn't some magic in a supposedly high end marker. I have one and really, the slight difference in performance is debatable. Combine that with better customer service, an easier to troubleshoot marker and more efficiency.

I'm not ashamed to say that I wouldn't spend the extra on one again.
Old 06-25-2012, 02:45 PM #5
trucockerfan19
Aim High

Mini's are too small

Love the axe tho

feedback-
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...hreadid=751045

Bored? Check out my youtube channel!
http://m.youtube.com/user/mikemarion19?feature=guide
Old 06-25-2012, 02:49 PM #6
hopperdropper

hopperdropper is playing at Living Legends VI
hopperdropper is attending Decay of Nations VI
I got a Mini when I got back into paintball and a few months ago got a Luxe 2.0. I ended up getting rid of the luxe because I don't think it's 1000 dollars better than my mini. Ended up picking up an Axe as a main because I liked it being a little more stretched, threw a Lurker bolt in and I couldn't be happier.
Old 06-25-2012, 03:01 PM #7
KNOM
MD Shockwave

KNOM plays in the APPA D5 division
KNOM has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
KNOM is attending Decay of Nations VI
Empire Axes are helping A LOT of the local store sales. I just found out that one of the local stores get's the Axe for a little higher than half of what the retail cost is. That's a great profit percentage.

So these mid ranged guns are holding up just as well as $1500 guns and are putting back money into the pockets of these local stores so they can stay alive.

I say, the Empire Axe/Invert Mini is a hell of an investment!

PAP CITY!
| EMPIRE AXE | VIRTUE SPIRE | EMPIRE REDLINE |
| WARPEDSPORTZ LUCKY 15 BARREL | BOSS BOLT V2 | NINJA 68/4500 |
Old 06-25-2012, 03:28 PM #8
turmoil
that's the bottom line

turmoil is a Paintball photographer
turmoil plays in the PSP
turmoil is playing at Living Legends VII
turmoil supports Pev's Paintball
turmoil plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyJTRox View Post
I love that I don't have to really baby it like I feel I would with a $1k+ gun. I take good care of my stuff, but if it got scratched, I don't think I would cry over it.
Old 06-25-2012, 05:25 PM #9
jleclipse81

jleclipse81 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
i love that you can get/upgrade minis and axes at great prices and still whoop on the field.
Old 06-25-2012, 06:08 PM #10
wickedspyder5
SOT member

wickedspyder5 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
i've used alot of guns in my time. Minis geos egos tm7/15 a5s 98s spyders. lots of different set ups. My axe out preforms them all. Hands down. sure I've had some issues. mainly with putting in upgrades(lurker bolt) but thats because its an in the process of tuning. and I broke the o ring they gave me. lol otherwise amazing gun. I fell away from Empire for some time after the TM7 and TM15. Got into PE because they were High End....glad I came back!
Old 06-25-2012, 10:58 PM #11
davito

I'm 6'2" and I wear XL gloves and I find the mini to be plenty big enough. No fore grip extenders needed. I love the feel of it. I now own 3 minis. Never shot a axe though.
Old 06-26-2012, 12:38 AM #12
incognito-z
Buying All Invert Mini's

incognito-z is playing at Living Legends VII
incognito-z owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
incognito-z is for the Gunfight
incognito-z posts videos on PbNation
incognito-z supports Pev's Paintball
incognito-z is Legendary
incognito-z supports DLX Technology
Why do I love this thread?

I completely agree with everything being said here. I've been using my Mini for two and a half years; it has never broken down on me and easily competes with the Luxes at my local field.

If you're having trouble with your Mini/Axe, PM me! I'm more than happy to help out.
Proud Beta-Tester and Authorized Retailer for Nummech - Proudly Sponsored by Guerilla Air - Hustle PB
Old 06-26-2012, 12:51 AM #13
Bake1tEazy
That's How We Do

Bake1tEazy is playing at Living Legends VI
Bake1tEazy owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Bake1tEazy has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Bake1tEazy supports Empire
I love the ergos on my Dye NT but my Axe just shoots like a dream and never breaks paint. The Axe is my go to gun!
Old 06-26-2012, 01:20 AM #14
trucockerfan19
Aim High

Quote:
Originally Posted by davito View Post
I'm 6'2" and I wear XL gloves and I find the mini to be plenty big enough. No fore grip extenders needed. I love the feel of it. I now own 3 minis. Never shot a axe though.
I'm the same(6'3") but I i have trouble walking the trigger on mini's, and it's just too crammed....but this might be because I'm spoiled by my axe. I even think the trigger guard on my g6ahh is too small at the top, once again I think I'm just spoiled by the egos on the axe..love em!

feedback-
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...hreadid=751045

Bored? Check out my youtube channel!
http://m.youtube.com/user/mikemarion19?feature=guide
Closed Thread