Old 06-13-2011, 04:37 PM #1
xHOBOPHOBIAx
Paintball Arkansas

xHOBOPHOBIAx plays in the PSP
xHOBOPHOBIAx plays in the APPA D4 division
xHOBOPHOBIAx has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
xHOBOPHOBIAx has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Stabilizer Has Extra Hole?

I just got a used stabilizer for cheap because it could be broken. It has a hole in the body of the reg and two on the top cap under where it screws into the asa. Do you think someone drilled and tapped the body, or is this an option with older models?
xHOBOPHOBIAx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 02:58 PM #2
ericEEE325
Still kicking

ericEEE325 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
I just got the same reg as well, not sure what it's for. One other thing the bottom cap/plug does NOT have the slit like others to remove for rebuild. what is the best way to take apart for cleaning?
Old 06-22-2012, 07:54 PM #3
FirePro84
Airsmith - Gun Tech

Annual Supporting Member
FirePro84 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
FirePro84 plays in the USPL
FirePro84 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
FirePro84 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
FirePro84 supports Empire
the two holes on the top near the threading are normal, one is an air inlet and one is an air outlet (for a gauge).

if it has a 3rd hole drilled in the side of the body where the large piston is housed it means that it was originally a Female Stabilizer body that was converted to a Vertical Male Stabilizer at one point. The threading should be the same on the extra hole as the ones on the top and either a regular plug or gauge should thread into it with no problems. As long as it still seals it will work just fine, I have several of their regs like this and they all perform flawlessly.

As for the reg that doesn't have the slot for the nickel to remove the bottom cap, the older style regs didn't have them, however they can still be removed with little ingenuity and the right tools...you will need a extra long set screw in the same threads as the pressure adjuster screw, and a nut that will thread on to it.

screw the long set screw down into the cap a good ways and then thread the nut onto the back of it and tighten it down on the cap. this should lock the cap, set screw, and nut together fairly tightly. now use an allen wrench to unscrew the whole assembly from the reg body. and it should come right off.

i keep meaning to take pics of how to do this, maybe when i get home this evening if i have some spare time in the shop...
- Paintball Tek on FaceBook

- w w w . P a i n t b a l l T e k . c o m

- NorCal Paintball - Retail Sales and Repairs - Vacaville, CA!
- NorCal Paintball on FaceBook
FirePro84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 09:18 AM #4
ericEEE325
Still kicking

ericEEE325 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirePro84 View Post
the two holes on the top near the threading are normal, one is an air inlet and one is an air outlet (for a gauge).

if it has a 3rd hole drilled in the side of the body where the large piston is housed it means that it was originally a Female Stabilizer body that was converted to a Vertical Male Stabilizer at one point. The threading should be the same on the extra hole as the ones on the top and either a regular plug or gauge should thread into it with no problems. As long as it still seals it will work just fine, I have several of their regs like this and they all perform flawlessly.

As for the reg that doesn't have the slot for the nickel to remove the bottom cap, the older style regs didn't have them, however they can still be removed with little ingenuity and the right tools...you will need a extra long set screw in the same threads as the pressure adjuster screw, and a nut that will thread on to it.

screw the long set screw down into the cap a good ways and then thread the nut onto the back of it and tighten it down on the cap. this should lock the cap, set screw, and nut together fairly tightly. now use an allen wrench to unscrew the whole assembly from the reg body. and it should come right off.

i keep meaning to take pics of how to do this, maybe when i get home this evening if i have some spare time in the shop...
^^^ Thank you very much.
Old 06-25-2012, 10:35 AM #5
FirePro84
Airsmith - Gun Tech

Annual Supporting Member
FirePro84 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
FirePro84 plays in the USPL
FirePro84 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
FirePro84 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
FirePro84 supports Empire
Not a problem man, glad to help...sorry I didn't see it sooner :-/
- Paintball Tek on FaceBook

- w w w . P a i n t b a l l T e k . c o m

- NorCal Paintball - Retail Sales and Repairs - Vacaville, CA!
- NorCal Paintball on FaceBook
FirePro84 is offline   Reply With Quote