PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 06-24-2012, 05:05 AM #1
Alanp

Cool G1 with Side Mounted Hopper

Hi all from Cape Town, South Africa,

Here are Pics of my G1 which I really am enjoying. I have two variations. First is the Milsim look. I keep the stock on to help steady the marker in bushball war. The 16" J&J Barrel is incredibly accurate, and am now testing the new Apex 2 tip with the barrel for those added long-range shots. ANY Long range cover fire will help give an added advantage to my team, and I can easily "turn off" the Apex if I need closer accuracy.

I usually have a sholder sling connected to that sling loop on the back of the marker. Helps to keep the already lightweight marker light all day.

Then, when it's time for Close Quarter Battle in the Villages, I quickly whip off the Stock and change to the standard G1 Barrel. Much easier to manouvre, and yet still as accurate as anything else out there.

I bought these Flip-up sights from an Airsoft site. They're awesome sights, spring loaded flip up or clip down, and honestly, the marker is deadly accurate with these sights. It's completely dialled in and guaranteed to hit where you aim.

Honestly can't see myself needing another Marker for a while. This thing's awesome. Together with the side mounted Halo which easily keeps up with the G1's paint demands, even in full auto, it's also not top-heavy, and when holding the marker on the foregrip, the halo rests on my forearm, it's well balanced and feels very comfortable.

As a package, I can't ask for more. I couldn't USE anymore anyway, fields limit us to 10 BPS, and I can choose between single fire, 3 shot or 10 shot full auto for CQB, it's light, fast, manouverable, and guess what, I'm even shooting right -handed sometimes.

regards

Alan

PS: I will post Pics of Fitting Apex 1 and 2 tips onto any barrel without the need for Barrel adaptors. You just need a roll of Plastic Electrical Insulation tape.

Last edited by Alanp : 06-24-2012 at 05:30 AM.
Alanp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-11-2012, 04:22 PM #2
Reactor
Kansas State Paintball#22

Reactor is playing at Living Legends VI
Reactor is for the Gunfight
Reactor is an NCPA player
just awesome, please show me how you mounted and connected your hopper!!!
Kansas State Paintball on Facebook
President for Kansas State Paintball Team
KSU PB #22
Proud Vanguard Demon owner
Proud Vanguard Creed owner
Reactor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 03:35 PM #3
stanlo0420

I also have a g1. How did you side mount the hopper?
Old 07-21-2012, 11:46 AM #4
Alanp

Hi guys,

basically I decided to mount the Halo on the side purely for aesthetics. Hate the look of paintball markers with the hopper out on top, so did a little fabrication. Pics explain it well. (Note, have added text as the exactly is going on..)

The whole idea started when I bought the G1, which I bought for the sole reason that it had an adjustable feedneck, to cater for left, top, or right feed systems. I still didn't like the general look and top-heavy feel of the marker with the Hopper on, and so did some research, found a few articles by guys building box feeds etc, and decided I'd give it a go. The sole reason for this build, was to have the top of the marker clear of any obstruction, allowing you full view in front of you.

So, started off working out a way to attach the Hopper to the Marker. Got some flat Aluminium, and cut pieces, which I then bent to fit over the Picitinny Rails.

I was still sure the correct position of the Hopper was to be on the left side of the marker, but as I carried on building it, it made more sense to be on the right hand side, so it didn't interfere with my stronger arm on the grip. So moved the whole process to the right hand side.

Got some Stainless Counter-Sunk Machine Screws, and put them through the brackets, so they didn't interfere with the Rails when the clips were pushed over the rails.

Dug in my Bike box and found some different size spacers, to help set the hopper off from the Marker, and create some space for my thumb.

here you can see once tightened up inside the Hopper, it pulls the Hopper straight and there's sufficient space underneath for my hand on the trigger.

Here, with the Hopper Split, you can see I put a piece of Aluminium on the inside of the shell of the hopper which the two bolts are comeing through to give it added strength.

Next was the hairy task of cutting off the feedneck. I wasn't too sure what was going to happen as I went along, so this wasn't pre-planned, I got out the dremel and went at it.

My idea to keep the installation as clean as possible here was to commit to passing the flexible pipe I was going to use up and through the Hopper, so the balls had the shortest distance to travel upwards and in to the gun.

Here, you can also see the other compartments I had to grind away some plastic to create space for the path the Pipe would take up and through the Hopper. It went through a bit of the battery compartment which made for some tight space issues in there..

Then, it was a matter of getting the Hot Glue gun out, and glueing the Pipe onto the Rotor Hole, and routing the Pipe up through the path I had created for it.

Used the standard supplied Elbow which came with the Kit, which is also cool because you can see through the elbow, and see the balls loading. Once the Hopper runs dry, the Rotor obviously starts spinning as theure's no resistance pushing at the balls in the Pipe, so you simply drop another pod in, and it takes up the slack and the resistance lad starts pushing the balls again. ROF is still just as qucik as what the gun can fire.

Thats the mods in pic format. Have used the marker for 2 months now, and no problems with the mods or the hopper or Marker, so quite happy with the overall finish.

This was the current look how I've been using it, but found if you took a lot of hits, it was very difficult to clean, so I removed the front Picitinny rails and sealed up the barrel holes. Looks cleaner and is easier to clean.

Cheers.

Alan

Last edited by Alanp : 07-26-2012 at 07:42 AM. Reason: Added descriptive text to the article.
Old 07-23-2012, 03:31 PM #5
Reactor

just beautiful, thank you for the pictures and explaination!
KSU PB #22
Old 07-25-2012, 02:28 PM #6
Alanp

Welcome. glad I could help.

Alan
Old 07-25-2012, 02:52 PM #7
GOG Paintball
http://g1og.com

GOG Paintball works for a Paintball manufacturer
Pretty Cool!
GOG Paintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 05:39 PM #8
[NA]WARLORD

[NA]WARLORD is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
[NA]WARLORD has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
[NA]WARLORD supports Empire
While your mod is cool and article well written , The only thing I see wrong with it is it limits you to left side play only. This was the issue the AGD Warp Feeds had or people whom use remote air lines have. If you play right side, you have an even bigger target to shoot at. At least with a center feed you can still tilt the marker on either side you decide to shoot from.
[NA]WARLORD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 07:22 AM #9
Alanp

Hi, Agreed, and no arguement there,
but this isn't meant to be a speedie, ot's a Milsim gun, so the game play would negate the size of the profile of your gun etc. You're up against Phenoms and other longer rifles which have just as big profile. The straight on profile is obviously terrible, but the point wasnt to improve the profile, but to improve sighting issue and peripheral vision, which it's done perfectly.
Also, can be used by a left, or right handed person.

Alan
Old 07-26-2012, 07:23 AM #10
Reactor

Quote:
Originally Posted by [NA]WARLORD View Post
While your mod is cool and article well written , The only thing I see wrong with it is it limits you to left side play only. This was the issue the AGD Warp Feeds had or people whom use remote air lines have. If you play right side, you have an even bigger target to shoot at. At least with a center feed you can still tilt the marker on either side you decide to shoot from.
true, this modification should be utilized for those who "want" a lower profile on the left side of the field. If this is your style of play then why not. Everything is a trade-off you can't really have it all.
KSU PB #22
Old 07-26-2012, 10:50 AM #11
RogueShooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by [NA]WARLORD View Post
Except it's not an issue at all if you know how to play with a Warp the right way...

GOG/DLX - Valken - QuickShot Paintball - FogDoc.com - TechT - Deadlywind
RogueShooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 10:04 PM #12
SamareI

Hi. Hope you are still around. Have you considered trying to mount it where the stock would go? I want to build something like this only mounted in a different location.
SamareI is offline   Reply With Quote