basically I decided to mount the Halo on the side purely for aesthetics. Hate the look of paintball markers with the hopper out on top, so did a little fabrication. Pics explain it well. (Note, have added text as the exactly is going on..)
The whole idea started when I bought the G1, which I bought for the sole reason that it had an adjustable feedneck, to cater for left, top, or right feed systems. I still didn't like the general look and top-heavy feel of the marker with the Hopper on, and so did some research, found a few articles by guys building box feeds etc, and decided I'd give it a go. The sole reason for this build, was to have the top of the marker clear of any obstruction, allowing you full view in front of you.
So, started off working out a way to attach the Hopper to the Marker. Got some flat Aluminium, and cut pieces, which I then bent to fit over the Picitinny Rails.
I was still sure the correct position of the Hopper was to be on the left side of the marker, but as I carried on building it, it made more sense to be on the right hand side, so it didn't interfere with my stronger arm on the grip. So moved the whole process to the right hand side.
Got some Stainless Counter-Sunk Machine Screws, and put them through the brackets, so they didn't interfere with the Rails when the clips were pushed over the rails.
Dug in my Bike box and found some different size spacers, to help set the hopper off from the Marker, and create some space for my thumb.
here you can see once tightened up inside the Hopper, it pulls the Hopper straight and there's sufficient space underneath for my hand on the trigger.
Here, with the Hopper Split, you can see I put a piece of Aluminium on the inside of the shell of the hopper which the two bolts are comeing through to give it added strength.
Next was the hairy task of cutting off the feedneck. I wasn't too sure what was going to happen as I went along, so this wasn't pre-planned, I got out the dremel and went at it.
My idea to keep the installation as clean as possible here was to commit to passing the flexible pipe I was going to use up and through the Hopper, so the balls had the shortest distance to travel upwards and in to the gun.
Here, you can also see the other compartments I had to grind away some plastic to create space for the path the Pipe would take up and through the Hopper. It went through a bit of the battery compartment which made for some tight space issues in there..
Then, it was a matter of getting the Hot Glue gun out, and glueing the Pipe onto the Rotor Hole, and routing the Pipe up through the path I had created for it.
Used the standard supplied Elbow which came with the Kit, which is also cool because you can see through the elbow, and see the balls loading. Once the Hopper runs dry, the Rotor obviously starts spinning as theure's no resistance pushing at the balls in the Pipe, so you simply drop another pod in, and it takes up the slack and the resistance lad starts pushing the balls again. ROF is still just as qucik as what the gun can fire.
Thats the mods in pic format. Have used the marker for 2 months now, and no problems with the mods or the hopper or Marker, so quite happy with the overall finish.
This was the current look how I've been using it, but found if you took a lot of hits, it was very difficult to clean, so I removed the front Picitinny rails and sealed up the barrel holes. Looks cleaner and is easier to clean.