no_rex4u has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Fixed my leak shortly after post.
no_rex4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-04-2014, 09:59 AM #989
FLOODMAN23

FLOODMAN23 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Just got my vapor in,.Used this tune and thing shoots just like my luxe did. I can't believe how it shoots after the tune. Thanks so much man.
FLOODMAN23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 09:28 PM #990
Zwheless

Zwheless is playing at Living Legends VII
Zwheless owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Zwheless plays in the APPA beginner division
Zwheless has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
this post has made me want to buy a vapor just because its a marker that really shows how passionate the player is about taking care of his gear. thank you. i look forward to getting a vapor soon and spending a great deal of time reading and watching your vids.
Zwheless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 12:28 AM #991
ProMod
Gun Tech

Annual Supporting Member
ProMod owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
ProMod is an NCPA player
ProMod supports DLX Technology
Hey all!

Been away on a rock climbing trip, followed by 4th of July in Maine.

Thanks for the kind words, and I'm glad that tuning guide helped you guys! Let me know if you ever need help.
Originally posted by msonic- Think of Simon as Paintball's Tony Stark. For real.
"...Looks Like A...." earns you an instant NEWBIE tag. Don't be a newbie.
ProMod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 07:43 PM #992
ecapox
Ummmmmm

Tried to play this past weekend and damn thing leaked like sieve. Upon airing up, bolt slides forward and it leaks from the trigger. I made sure the frame o rings aren't pinched by the wires and I haven't taken it apart since when I first got it. Last time I played with it (3 months ago) I lubed the bolt and all that after playing but never touched the frame.

Any ideas.
Old 08-25-2014, 11:37 PM #993
ProMod
Gun Tech

Annual Supporting Member
ProMod is an NCPA player
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecapox View Post
Tried to play this past weekend and damn thing leaked like sieve. Upon airing up, bolt slides forward and it leaks from the trigger. I made sure the frame o rings aren't pinched by the wires and I haven't taken it apart since when I first got it. Last time I played with it (3 months ago) I lubed the bolt and all that after playing but never touched the frame.

Any ideas.
Several. I'm assuming you're using a 2012?

Make sure the bolt sail (016) and the rear bolt guide (013) are making solid contact. Basically, if your bolt is flying forward, air is getting behind the bolt when it shouldn't. So those two orings are the critical points that seal off that side of the bolt.

It could also be an overpressurizing issue, but if it doesn't sounds like a hand-cannon, then I doubt it's that. I assume you also made sure the 017 inside the breech is still there?
Originally posted by msonic- Think of Simon as Paintball's Tony Stark. For real.
Old 08-26-2014, 08:47 PM #994
ecapox
Ummmmmm

Yes. 017 is still there as well. I nave a few replacement o rings so i will try those out tomorrow when i stop at the shop. Thanks.
Old 09-07-2014, 07:10 PM #995
ecapox
Ummmmmm

Changed all o rings this afternoon. Now I have a leak out the back out the vent port. Is there a diagram that shows all o rings and what their numbers are? I think I may have messed one up that sits at the bottom of the bolt guide.
Old 09-07-2014, 09:18 PM #996
ProMod
Gun Tech

Annual Supporting Member
ProMod is an NCPA player
Quote:
Changed all o rings this afternoon. Now I have a leak out the back out the vent port. Is there a diagram that shows all o rings and what their numbers are? I think I may have messed one up that sits at the bottom of the bolt guide.
Old 09-08-2014, 05:13 PM #997
ecapox
Ummmmmm

Gracias! Looks like I got them all right. Hmmmmmm.

Any hesitation is to use Dow 55 on some of those #17 o rings at the back to make them seal better??

Last edited by ecapox : 09-08-2014 at 05:18 PM.
ecapox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 08:35 PM #998
gamefreak054
CCM T2 OWNER

gamefreak054 is playing at Living Legends V
gamefreak054 is playing at Living Legends VI
gamefreak054 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
gamefreak054 posts videos on PbNation
gamefreak054 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
gamefreak054 is attending Decay of Nations VI
gamefreak054 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProMod View Post
Several. I'm assuming you're using a 2012?

Make sure the bolt sail (016) and the rear bolt guide (013) are making solid contact. Basically, if your bolt is flying forward, air is getting behind the bolt when it shouldn't. So those two orings are the critical points that seal off that side of the bolt.

It could also be an overpressurizing issue, but if it doesn't sounds like a hand-cannon, then I doubt it's that. I assume you also made sure the 017 inside the breech is still there?
Just curious, is this a a pretty common problem with the 2012 vapors? I just bought a BNIB vapor for $400, and the #16 oring was undersized, which was the same problem with my first used vapor I received a year ago. Threw a new oring and it rips now. I forgot how quiet and smooth these things are. Even compared to my Karni it is surprisingly quiet.

Anyways, not sure if I can get in trouble for this or not (forgot the rules) but there is one BNIB vapor left from this http://www.pbsports.com/Dust-Green-a...ine-Vapor.html at $400. They shipped priority and it arrived in like 2 days. Highly recommended. You can hardly even get a decent low end at that price. The only problem is it may be a refurbished one that machine bought back and turned around. I can not tell mine looks new anyways.
gamefreak054 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 09:25 PM #999
ProMod
Gun Tech

Annual Supporting Member
ProMod is an NCPA player
Quote:
Gracias! Looks like I got them all right. Hmmmmmm.

Any hesitation is to use Dow 55 on some of those #17 o rings at the back to make them seal better??
Nope! Feel free to use DOW55 in critical areas. I like using MonkeyPoo, but that's just me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamefreak054 View Post
Just curious, is this a a pretty common problem with the 2012 vapors? I just bought a BNIB vapor for $400, and the #16 oring was undersized, which was the same problem with my first used vapor I received a year ago. Threw a new oring and it rips now. I forgot how quiet and smooth these things are. Even compared to my Karni it is surprisingly quiet.

Anyways, not sure if I can get in trouble for this or not (forgot the rules) but there is one BNIB vapor left from this http://www.pbsports.com/Dust-Green-a...ine-Vapor.html at $400. They shipped priority and it arrived in like 2 days. Highly recommended. You can hardly even get a decent low end at that price. The only problem is it may be a refurbished one that machine bought back and turned around. I can not tell mine looks new anyways.
If I remember correctly, they used poly orings in a few places, (including the sail) and those tended to be the trouble-spots. I find that bunas seal up better. Good find btw! I'll see if I can swipe that up ^_^
Old 09-10-2014, 09:51 PM #1000
gamefreak054
CCM T2 OWNER

gamefreak054 is playing at Living Legends V
gamefreak054 is playing at Living Legends VI
gamefreak054 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
gamefreak054 posts videos on PbNation
gamefreak054 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
gamefreak054 is attending Decay of Nations VI
gamefreak054 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProMod View Post
Nope! Feel free to use DOW55 in critical areas. I like using MonkeyPoo, but that's just me.

If I remember correctly, they used poly orings in a few places, (including the sail) and those tended to be the trouble-spots. I find that bunas seal up better. Good find btw! I'll see if I can swipe that up ^_^
Yeah that was exactly what it was. It was a poly oring which was somewhat clear. I threw a Buna on there and it seals nicely now. Ill have to watch out for other polys that may give me troubles. I love the Vapor, and knew how to fix it instantly but I still gotta say having a bad oring is a bit annoying.

Good luck in getting that Vapor. I just hope it goes to someone who can appreciate it. I am the only one around here who will ever own one lol. It is just such an awesome marker. Shoots better than the luxe imo (I owned both at the same time), and its much cheaper.

BTW how are the new 2014 grips? I hate to spend $35 on grips, but I hate the 2012 ones. Would any one by chance know where to score a cheap pair?
gamefreak054 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 10:27 PM #1001
ProMod
Gun Tech

Annual Supporting Member
ProMod is an NCPA player
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamefreak054 View Post
Yeah that was exactly what it was. It was a poly oring which was somewhat clear. I threw a Buna on there and it seals nicely now. Ill have to watch out for other polys that may give me troubles. I love the Vapor, and knew how to fix it instantly but I still gotta say having a bad oring is a bit annoying.

Good luck in getting that Vapor. I just hope it goes to someone who can appreciate it. I am the only one around here who will ever own one lol. It is just such an awesome marker. Shoots better than the luxe imo (I owned both at the same time), and its much cheaper.

BTW how are the new 2014 grips? I hate to spend $35 on grips, but I hate the 2012 ones. Would any one by chance know where to score a cheap pair?
Been saying it for years; the marker only performs as well as the person who maintains it.

2014 grips fit better, though mine have more of a 'solid rubber' feel than the softer rubber used on the 2012s.

I would contact Machine (or post over on the FB page they have). They definitely have spares.
Old 09-11-2014, 04:36 PM #1002
ecapox
Ummmmmm

I love my vapor. Its super smooth and as efficient and anything out there. It does however, require more TLC than your regular marker, but I feel the trade off is worth it.

Thanks for your help ProMod.
Old 09-11-2014, 06:34 PM #1003
ProMod
Gun Tech

Annual Supporting Member
ProMod is an NCPA player
No problem buddy!
Old 09-14-2014, 02:16 PM #1004
PbN_AutoTrader
Your PERSONAL Proshop

Annual Supporting Member
PbN_AutoTrader is BST Legit
PbN_AutoTrader donated to help Peyton Trent
PbN_AutoTrader supports Bob Gurnsey
PbN_AutoTrader supports our troops
PbN_AutoTrader is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
PbN_AutoTrader is Legendary
PbN_AutoTrader supports DLX Technology
Vapors shoot great no doubt about it
Contact ME (Michael) Direct ANYtime (24/7)
Call/Text 504-669-2298
michael@theotherathlete.com
www.paintballtraderworldwide.com www.theotherathlete.com
PbN_AutoTrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 12:44 AM #1005
hawaiianjon

has been a member for 10 years
Promod I have a leak that I can hear from inside the feedneck. Just got it back from Machine and it leaks. Any ideas?
hawaiianjon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 08:22 AM #1006
no_rex4u
USNA #11 ALUM

no_rex4u owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
no_rex4u is an NCPA player
no_rex4u plays in the APPA D5 division
no_rex4u has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiianjon View Post
Promod I have a leak that I can hear from inside the feedneck. Just got it back from Machine and it leaks. Any ideas?
Check your bolt tip O-ring. I replaced mine with a Buna O-ring and it solved the leak.

Also... i know promod's video showed him taking his bolt tip O-ring off, but I did this every time I cleaned my bolt, and this caused damage to the O-ring, ultimately leading to a leak. just my .02
Old 09-16-2014, 10:58 PM #1007
ibumbleborg

hi everyone.. i have a teammate who just bought a vapor 2014 and it chops almost every paint he uses.. was wondering if there is a guide to tunning the 14 version or some recommended settings? ty
Old 09-16-2014, 11:55 PM #1008
ProMod
Gun Tech

Annual Supporting Member
ProMod is an NCPA player
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiianjon View Post
Air doesn't leak through metal, so if air is getting to the breech, it's either the 017 inside the feedneck (or on the front of the cans for the 2014s), or it's the 013 on the front of the bolt guide. There's no other path for air to get into the breech.

Quote:
Originally Posted by no_rex4u View Post
Check your bolt tip O-ring. I replaced mine with a Buna O-ring and it solved the leak.

Also... i know promod's video showed him taking his bolt tip O-ring off, but I did this every time I cleaned my bolt, and this caused damage to the O-ring, ultimately leading to a leak. just my .02
While I applaud your effort in trying to help, remember this; the bolt tip oring does not seal pressure when the bolt sits idle. You can test this yourself. Take it off. Re-assemble the marker and fire it. It'll still work.

What is more likely is that you did some normal maintenance on your marker and moving the lube around helped the 017 on the front of the can seal up properly. Orings very rarely rub against eachother, but unless they're bone-dry, they're not going to cause damage to one-another. What WILL damage them is sand, grit, grime, dust, dirt, and debris. Anything that is harder than rubber, and certain chemicals like petroleum, will damage orings with time and use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibumbleborg View Post
hi everyone.. i have a teammate who just bought a vapor 2014 and it chops almost every paint he uses.. was wondering if there is a guide to tuning the 14 version or some recommended settings? ty
This tuning guide also works for the 2014, the updated board settings are posted within this guide.

It's VERY unlikely the marker is chopping; it's more likely that it is double-feeding. Two things I would check:

1. If he's using a rotor, make sure he's turned down the tension adjustment. Rotors work on a constant-force feed and can push paint past the detents (which will cause the marker to double-feed).

2. If he still has the red polycarbonate breech insert, contact machine and get the new clear ones. The clear PBIs are much less prone to breaking or letting multiple paintballs past the detents.

Last edited by ProMod : 09-16-2014 at 11:59 PM.