Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-11-2012, 03:24 PM #106
F1VENOM

has been a member for 10 years
There are sources that run contrary to that. One person's interpretation doesn't mean much and I can find fatwas condoning rape as a method of war. Do a search on Google Scholar if you want to see how widespread the problem of underreporting rapes in Muslim countries is.
F1VENOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 03:50 PM #107
The Abstract
Reject Diversity

There really isn't any room left open for interpretation in regards to rape. It's not a modern phenomenon that has just arisen that scholars now need an answer for. All 4 of the major Sunni madhabs do not require 4 male witnesses for the accusation of rape. It really is as simple as that
The Abstract is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 05:50 PM #108
F1VENOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Abstract View Post
There really isn't any room left open for interpretation in regards to rape. It's not a modern phenomenon that has just arisen that scholars now need an answer for. All 4 of the major Sunni madhabs do not require 4 male witnesses for the accusation of rape. It really is as simple as that
I wasn't aware that Sunni was the only sect of practicing Muslims and what does that have to do with rape being underreported in Muslim countries?
Old 07-11-2012, 07:18 PM #109
The Abstract
Reject Diversity

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1VENOM View Post
I wasn't aware that Sunni was the only sect of practicing Muslims and what does that have to do with rape being underreported in Muslim countries?
I mentioned Sunni not only because 90% of Muslims are Sunni but because of the status of ijtihad and the importance of fatwas. While a Sunni mufti can make a fatwa, nobody has to think anything of it/follow it/believe it, but if a Shia cleric makes a fatwa, it is a requirement of faith that they obey it. Therefor, a Sunni mufti can make a crazy fatwa saying it's ok to rape girls, but anyone with any basic understanding of Islam knows that is ridiculous and will completely ignore that fatwa altogether.

I don't think rape being underreported in Muslim countries has anything to do with Islam. Somehow, you insist it does but you can't seem to provide one piece of scripture/hadith that supports your belief, while I've provided many that supports mine. A good example would be that in the US only 16% of rapes go reported. Let me guess, this has nothing to do with the same societal pressures that are faced by women in Muslim countries, right? It must have everything to do with the pressures of Christianity that scares women into not coming forward.
The Abstract is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 04:20 PM #110
The Admin of myg0t
✈ ▌▌

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vit Beeyer View Post
No, you're partly right. Not every mass murder in a totalitarian country was in the name of atheism, but the purging of all religion and all those who even attempted to maintain faith sure did.
The reason religion was purged was because Stalin, Mao, etc. based their regime on a utilitarian mindset. They viewed religion as worthless to society and therefore in need of being purged (among other things). It didn't have to do with atheism in the sense that you're making it out to.
The Admin of myg0t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 09:52 AM #111
Iamamartianchurch

You guys are both partly right. They were not only atheists but anti-religious. They sought to create a society that was both wholly atheist and free of religion. Remember folks, you can be atheistic and religious.
Iamamartianchurch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 07:14 PM #112
gnarlyrwhyn (Banned)

aim martian i cant pm you cuz dicks
gnarlyrwhyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 04:12 PM #113
SupraSuper
Celebrate Diversity

Interesting how the hijab is viewed by the west as a tool of oppression, but when the Princess's body is being indecently exploited by the media they use it to show a degree of honor, modesty, and class.
SupraSuper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 08:07 PM #114
F1VENOM

It isn't used to show a degree of honor, modesty or class. It's an overreaction to people being way too invasive.
Old 09-18-2012, 09:12 PM #115
SupraSuper
Celebrate Diversity

Oh ok
Old 09-18-2012, 09:25 PM #116
F1VENOM

Maybe they're worried about her getting raped.
Old 09-18-2012, 10:00 PM #117
SupraSuper
Celebrate Diversity

Apparently yea. She's already been raped by millions of people. Who knows how many sicko's have jerked off to those pictures. **** that though, she has equal rights. Like the right to get photographed when she's privately with her husband and have her naked body on display for the entire world to see. Maybe she should be happy, she's a star now right? Every girls dream. Ha! What a sick, perverted sickness that has overcome the West.

Face it man. The hijab she's wearing is posted all over the newspapers to make her look modest, classy, and respectable. And it does. That was the goal of the pictures. I understand it might kill you inside to admit it, but the truth is the truth. Perhaps she looks better to you butt naked and that's why you're mad?

Last edited by SupraSuper : 09-18-2012 at 10:05 PM.
Old 09-18-2012, 10:42 PM #118
F1VENOM

Haven't seen the pictures and didn't know they existed, but maybe that's because I don't actively seek out validation from the misfortune of others. I don't think she looks any more classy but if it helps you stay true to your god, cover all the women up. Why should we subject you to all that temptation when it's easier to remove it? If a woman wears a hijab willingly, fantastic, she's exercising her freedom. When she wears it because she's afraid of the consequences it's just a form of control. I don't see the need in controlling how a woman presents herself but that's because I don't claim to know what's best for her. Then again if all of our women covered themselves we wouldn't have rapes, right?