D.C. Devastation will be holding tryouts to fill 5 - 6 spots on our roster. As is typical with paintball teams, people come and go for various reasons and in order to ensure that we can continue to be a competitive team, we will be filling the spots that have opened up due to natural attrition. The open tryouts will be held July 14th, and the 15th will be a closed continuation of the tryouts for people we would like to see play more.
Things to keep in mind prior to trying out.
- D.C. Devastation is based out of PAP (Paintball Adventure Park) in Taneytown MD. We typically have 4 days of practices a month (either two 2-days, or broken up to two Sundays and a 2-day). You must make every practice.
- Expect to travel the weekend prior to PSP events for practice, as well as the 4-5 days during the PSP events. Be aware of these dates as well as any obligations you may have to ensure they don't conflict.
- We have several very good sponsorships, but this team is not free. Monthly dues are collected at the beginning of every month which pay for the team's monthly expenses. This is nonnegotiable. Everyone is expected to pay and pay on time.
- In addition to dues, you will be responsible for the cost of events. This cost varies based on our performance.
- Every player is expected to perform at a high level. Our practices are very intense, long and physically draining. You are expected to be in shape.
Costs of the tryouts are $60 for Saturday, and if you get invited back to play on Sunday, it'll be an additional $60. These fees cover your paint and entry for the entire day. If you have any further questions or would like to regitser, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you're emailing to register, please also include the following in the same format:
Teams Played on:
Do you have transportation?:
We will have great sponsors, but they don't cover everything. The Team will run off a budget. Everyone is expected to pay dues each month. Can you achieve this?:
What things might prohibit you from attending mandatory practices?: