Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 11-04-2012, 09:43 PM #1
Ghilliesuitguy

How well do you think paintball is holding up?

I've been into paintball for about four years now and I seem to have been blessed living in Great Falls because of TE's proshop and field; I'm just curious on how paintball is around the rest of the state?
Ghilliesuitguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-05-2012, 07:08 AM #2
bunkerinu
Champion of the People

bunkerinu plays in the USPL
bunkerinu plays in the PSP
bunkerinu supports Team VICIOUS
bunkerinu plays in the APPA D3 division
pretty dead, nothing commercial or as organized as TE. Missoula has a small tournament scene, Butte,Bozeman, and Helena are pretty quiet. Before our field in Billings got shut down we had a pretty big practice scene down there.
Old 11-06-2012, 02:25 AM #3
mrspeeddemon

mrspeeddemon owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
mrspeeddemon supports Team VICIOUS
mrspeeddemon has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
mrspeeddemon supports Empire
Well guys it has always been my goal to grow the sport in any and all ways possible. I think that was the driving force behind what John was doing and what we took over. With that being said what should we do? We've discussed multiple ideas- Tourneys, leagues, scenario, ect. I know our speedball field isn't psp or nppl or whatever but I think we could still hold some pretty decent and fun events. Also we're working our butts off trying to spread the sport- especially to the younger croud so theres alot of potential ballers out there. Also I've discussed with both RedBull and Monster Energy and both are interested in putting up prizes and helping promote events(RedBull especially). I have no tournament experience so I'm not gonna even begin to pretend to know how to start so any help would be awesome.

Si vis pacem, para bellum
, if you want peace, prepare for war
mrspeeddemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 07:08 AM #4
MTB baller
The People's Champion

MTB baller plays in the USPL
MTB baller plays in the PSP
MTB baller owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
MTB baller plays in the APPA D2 division
I think starting some kind of 3 man beginner series would be awesome! The biggest problem is getting the word out that you are hosting these special events. I think you should advertise them in your radio ads. And maybe take another stab at the woodsball league.

Last edited by MTB baller : 11-06-2012 at 07:38 AM.
MTB baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 03:25 PM #5
zladson

zladson has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
zladson has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Scenario and tourneys are going to be the biggest events, with scenarios taking the lead. Advertisement is huge, Facebook, Twitter, and as stated already your radio ads. Even flyers, I'm sure we could get people in the big cities to disperse flyers. They key is to not limit your advertisements to just Great Falls. Facebook and Twitter are going to be the best, fastest, and cheapest options for this. If you need help organizing or advertising an event, let me know, I have many resources I can take advantage of to spread the word around Billings. If the event is big enough and sponsored I can advertise in Colorado and Utah as well. The best way to contact me is through Facebook, I check this site but not to often. www.kiwiassassins.com or facebook.com/zladson
zladson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 02:35 AM #6
repeat
well hello

repeat plays in the PSP
repeat plays in the APPA D4 division
i have been hearing about allot of people getting into woods ball in bozo area.. mainly parties going up into the woods around hylight area.. mostly college kids renting from bob wards. big groups of like 30 or more.. could try and promote a cat vs griz showdown
Thomas Nixon #7
Seattle Thunder D4
Diamond Hill Paintball
http://www.facebook.com/groups/34651...group_activity
repeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 10:08 PM #7
loneassassin
A Grim and...

Quote:
Originally Posted by repeat View Post
mainly parties going up into the woods around hylight area.. mostly college kids renting from bob wards. big groups of like 30 or more.. could try and promote a cat vs griz showdown
That has been and still is the biggest problem in Montana paintball -- people might be out there playing, but they're not telling other people about it or promoting it as an organized event. People renting Tippmann 98s and playing with friends in the woods seldom advance beyond just that -- renting and playing for ****s and giggles.

I would love to see a Cat vs. Griz paintball showdown though...

My halfblocked Trilogy pump:
http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/b...6/P3250486.jpg
loneassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 10:46 PM #8
hallr12

Annual Supporting Member
hallr12 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
hallr12 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
hallr12 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
hallr12 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
hallr12 has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
hallr12 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
hallr12 is attending Decay of Nations VI
Quote:
Originally Posted by loneassassin View Post
That has been and still is the biggest problem in Montana paintball -- people might be out there playing, but they're not telling other people about it or promoting it as an organized event. People renting Tippmann 98s and playing with friends in the woods seldom advance beyond just that -- renting and playing for ****s and giggles.

I would love to see a Cat vs. Griz paintball showdown though...
I think the biggest problem with Bozeman paintball is the lack of actual pro-shops and fields. We need a place around town that stocks high end markers. We need a shop where the employees know the difference between low and high end markers. Bozeman is a very wealthy town I dont think it would take much to get people to buy high end markers, and if they buy high end markers they would be more serious about paintballing. I work at Bob Wards I know what we have is 99% Tippmann, and that really is the only reason why all the kids around here have Tippmann guns and nothing else. I can order just about any gun out there, but if its not in the store where they can hold it and air it up and the people behind the counter have no idea what they are talking about why would someone spend 1300 on a dm13. I am by no means a cat or griz fan but I would be down to play.

I really can get just about any marker so if any one is looking let me know I will see what I can do
Old 11-08-2012, 02:55 AM #9
mrspeeddemon

mrspeeddemon owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
mrspeeddemon supports Team VICIOUS
mrspeeddemon has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
mrspeeddemon supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by hallr12 View Post
I think the biggest problem with Bozeman paintball is the lack of actual pro-shops and fields. We need a place around town that stocks high end markers. We need a shop where the employees know the difference between low and high end markers. Bozeman is a very wealthy town I dont think it would take much to get people to buy high end markers, and if they buy high end markers they would be more serious about paintballing. I work at Bob Wards I know what we have is 99% Tippmann, and that really is the only reason why all the kids around here have Tippmann guns and nothing else. I can order just about any gun out there, but if its not in the store where they can hold it and air it up and the people behind the counter have no idea what they are talking about why would someone spend 1300 on a dm13. I am by no means a cat or griz fan but I would be down to play.

I really can get just about any marker so if any one is looking let me know I will see what I can do
So do it- everyone always says "what we need is someone to do this or open that" but if everyone is sitting around waiting for some one else to do it you know what happens?- NOTHING! Thats why we started our field and shop if we didn't do it there wouldn't be a place to play and get stuff. We litterally started with nothing, and everything we made went directly into the field. Now your not going to get rich running a paintball field but eventually if we can get the sport to grow there is potential. I tell people all the time that I would love to see something similar to what we have in every town in Montana and they think I'm crazy- "why would I want competition?" I don't see it as competition- to me that would mean the sport is growing, and thats good for everybody. I am more than happy to help out anybody that wants to do something. John (Awesome Paintball) helped us and I'll pass on anything I can. It gets frustrating sometimes but hopefully in the end its worth it!

Si vis pacem, para bellum
, if you want peace, prepare for war
mrspeeddemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 11:42 AM #10
zladson

zladson has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
zladson has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Thought I would through this out there for all of you Billings Paintballers. If you are not part of this group it is a good way to know what paintball is happening around billings. https://www.facebook.com/groups/262464680440063/
zladson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 10:48 AM #11
loneassassin
A Grim and...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hallr12 View Post

I'm not sure I agree with that. I wasn't saying people can't go out and play with Tippmanns and have a great time -- they certainly can. It's just that that group seldom takes paintball any more seriously than "hey, let's go up in the hills and shoot each other up..." "yeah, we haven't done that in awhile."

I think if people can experience paintball in a more organized, structured format, they'll see that it's a great deal more fun and worthy of a bigger time and money investment. I haven't been to TE paintball yet, but I think that's probably the kind of model that would help paintball grow in all of our towns. High-end equipment really doesn't factor in there. If anything, I've seen more people go out, spend $1500+ on all the latest gear, then "quit" altogether than people who occasionally take their blowback semi out into the woods. The reason being, they thought that high-end gear would purchase success, which is definitely not the case...

My halfblocked Trilogy pump:
http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/b...6/P3250486.jpg
loneassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyRegional Ups