PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-12-2014, 08:21 PM #1
Woodcock1187

SCBA to HPA

Hello everyone new to the forum.
I am looking for a way to fill from a SCBA not SCUBA to a HPA tank. Other question for you fellow firefighters are scott threads different from MSA threads . I have found info on this through a google search but nothing has the fittings listed.
Thank You
Woodcock1187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-12-2014, 09:25 PM #2
Tabris17
Will B/S/T Souls

Annual Supporting Member
Tabris17 is a Moderator
Tabris17 is BST Legit
Tabris17 supports our troops
Tabris17 is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
Tabris17 is Boss
Tabris17 is attending Decay of Nations VII
Usually all thread types are different. I'll wait for somebody official to chime in though and help you on what fittings you need.

However, please be aware of your town/city and firehouse policy rules and regulations involving the SCBA equipment. If you do not have permission to use it or it's in violation of a policy either by the town/city or your firehouse/union then please be aware of this. People can get in a lot of trouble for something as simple as this because it's city/town equipment and often times not meant for private usage.
So please, check into this first and just don't just assume you can do it even if you are a firefighter and have access to the equipment. A written permission slip would be advisable for your records since I know how dicey firehouse politics can get when somebody gets a chip on their shoulder. It's just covering yourself if somebody tries to throw something back one day.

"Only the foolish believe suffering is just wages for being different. Only the savage regard the endurance of pain as the measure of worth. Only the insane equate pain with success."

PBR Feedback +26/-0 PBN Feedback +16/-0 IOG Feedback +10/-0
Tabris17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 09:50 PM #3
mojo3120

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodcock1187 View Post
Hello everyone new to the forum.
I am looking for a way to fill from a SCBA not SCUBA to a HPA tank. Other question for you fellow firefighters are scott threads different from MSA threads . I have found info on this through a google search but nothing has the fittings listed.
Thank You
Scott and MSA cylinders both use the same fitting. (CGA 347 for 4500 psi cylinders)

This should be everything you'd need to fill from an SCBA cylinder.
http://www.scubacompressor.com/shop/...2719640f255533

However, you'd probably be better off filling from your compressor or 6000PSI cascade. (especially if you're filling 4500psi cylinders.)
A - You'll won't get complete fills transfilling between two 4500psi cylinders (but probably close considering the size difference)
B - equipment needed would be much cheaper.

This is what you'd need to fill from compressor or cascade.
http://www.scubacompressor.com/shop/...2719640f255533
mojo3120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 12:06 AM #4
kAmAkAzEe
muhahahahahahaha!

kAmAkAzEe is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
kAmAkAzEe owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
kAmAkAzEe supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojo3120 View Post
However, you'd probably be better off filling from your compressor or 6000PSI cascade. (especially if you're filling 4500psi cylinders.)
A - You'll won't get complete fills transfilling between two 4500psi cylinders (but probably close considering the size difference)
B - equipment needed would be much cheaper.
kAmAkAzEe is offline   Reply With Quote