Old 03-17-2015, 10:08 AM #1
bendigo360
SuperDan

bendigo360 plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
bendigo360 plays in the APPA D3 division
bendigo360 supports Empire
Division 2 Dye Field Refs....

First off. Thank you. I coach and play for Asylum TrueBallers and I just wanted to drop in and say thank you for a job well done. I played Galveston in 2012 and it was a pretty nasty event. Dallas wasn’t as bad but it was still pretty rough. Both events I watched as the PSP did everything they could to keep things rolling. While there is a large amount of stuff going on in the league, I wanted to make sure to drop in and say show some appreciation. In reality, we must learn to show appreciation for what we have and learn to give back constructive criticism and true gratitude. So if you played a part in officiating on the DYE field I wanted to make sure you guys got some props. It was muddy and miserable for you guys all weekend long and you guys did an EXCELLENT job. Sure, there were some calls that were rough, but that comes in all sports. We appreciate the ref in the black/white Vios that helped our player off the field Sunday morning when he was injured. All of you were super friendly(especially the chrono refs, head refs, and score table). We have done our share of PSP and regional reffing and we know that most of the time all you hear is the bad stuff. Again, thank you. You guys made it a very successful event and you are greatly appreciated.

Thanks PSP for putting on a well ran event even in spite of all of the crazy weather.

Paintball Asylum
CHRISTKREW
29:11
bendigo360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-17-2015, 11:15 AM #2
dangerous freak!
Babb #17

dangerous freak! plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
dangerous freak! is playing at Living Legends VII
dangerous freak! plays in the APPA D3 division
I second everything said above. The refs were great. I was the player injured and if the ref who helped me sees this I want to give you a HUGE thank you. You refs made a muddy, nasty, and wet event really fun. You all were easy going, made excellent calls and often made for some good laughs. You guys even cleaned off one of our players who had a questionable old hit while he was on the box with 3 seconds left. Thank you. I hope you all ref our tournaments in the future. You're all great guys. You made great calls and you were extremely knowledgable in your field. If every ref were like you guys the game would be darn near perfect. Thank you all. God bless, Kyle.
Revelation 22:21
dangerous freak! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 11:45 AM #3
thisistodd

plays in the NXL
thisistodd is an NCPA player
had no problems what so ever with the reffing. Solid job to both the guys on the PE field as well as the DLX field on sunday.
thisistodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 11:48 AM #4
xjoBBax13x
lysergic dreams

Annual Supporting Member
xjoBBax13x plays in the PSP
xjoBBax13x owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
xjoBBax13x owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
xjoBBax13x is for the Gunfight
xjoBBax13x plays in the APPA D3 division
xjoBBax13x supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by bendigo360 View Post
First off. Thank you. I coach and play for Asylum TrueBallers and I just wanted to drop in and say thank you for a job well done. I played Galveston in 2012 and it was a pretty nasty event. Dallas wasn’t as bad but it was still pretty rough. Both events I watched as the PSP did everything they could to keep things rolling. While there is a large amount of stuff going on in the league, I wanted to make sure to drop in and say show some appreciation. In reality, we must learn to show appreciation for what we have and learn to give back constructive criticism and true gratitude. So if you played a part in officiating on the DYE field I wanted to make sure you guys got some props. It was muddy and miserable for you guys all weekend long and you guys did an EXCELLENT job. Sure, there were some calls that were rough, but that comes in all sports. We appreciate the ref in the black/white Vios that helped our player off the field Sunday morning when he was injured. All of you were super friendly(especially the chrono refs, head refs, and score table). We have done our share of PSP and regional reffing and we know that most of the time all you hear is the bad stuff. Again, thank you. You guys made it a very successful event and you are greatly appreciated.

Thanks PSP for putting on a well ran event even in spite of all of the crazy weather.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dangerous freak! View Post
I second everything said above. The refs were great. I was the player injured and if the ref who helped me sees this I want to give you a HUGE thank you. You refs made a muddy, nasty, and wet event really fun. You all were easy going, made excellent calls and often made for some good laughs. You guys even cleaned off one of our players who had a questionable old hit while he was on the box with 3 seconds left. Thank you. I hope you all ref our tournaments in the future. You're all great guys. You made great calls and you were extremely knowledgable in your field. If every ref were like you guys the game would be darn near perfect. Thank you all. God bless, Kyle.
I was the referee with the vios and chrono on the dye field. Its always pleasure to see you guys at events, whether it is for pump or xball. I Hope your shoulder is feeling better/healing quickly.

PSP Ref 2013-2015
UPL Ref 2014-
WCPPL Ref 2015-
If your post is longer than three sentences... Chances are I won't read it.

Last edited by xjoBBax13x : 03-17-2015 at 11:58 AM.
xjoBBax13x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 12:01 PM #5
p8ntbllkid
SuperMan Over 50 KindaGuy

has been a member for 10 years
 plays in the NXL
p8ntbllkid plays in the APPA D2 division
p8ntbllkid supports Empire
I would have to Agree with everything Asylum Said great reffing all around you guys knew your stuff especially what was a in obvious hit and what should be a Minor and what was a obvious hit for a Major I even give you guys props on a game I saw Sunday slight misunderstanding giving the same guy 2majors and pulled everyone but you guys went back and made it a 2 on 1 which is something I have never seen before but glad you atleast attempted to fix the problem where I know others would have just said no someone else got another major or something along those lines... so same thing Asylum said I could only hope to have you refs at the Next event!

~Saint Louis HuSTLe~

(̅_̅_̅_̅(̅_̅_̅_̅_̅_̅_̅_̅_̅_̅_̅()ڪے
p8ntbllkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 01:47 PM #6
tall white guy
^I regret this^

Annual Supporting Member
tall white guy plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
tall white guy is an NCPA player
I'd like to say the same for the PE divisional field and the pro field. It was definitely some of the better, and undoubtedly the most even-handed, reffing i've expirienced in a while. Thanks for the hard work guys
tall white guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 03:18 PM #7
paintballguy54
ATB

paintballguy54 plays in the PSP
paintballguy54 is an NCPA player
paintballguy54 plays in the APPA D3 division
paintballguy54 is Legendary
paintballguy54 supports Empire
Id also like to give a huge thank-you to the refs on the Dye field. You guys were very professional and did a fantastic job. Some of the best reffing I've had in a while.

Like us on Facebook! ^

Asylum Trueballers
paintballguy54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 05:51 PM #8
TheMMPaintball
Freestyle

TheMMPaintball plays in the PSP
TheMMPaintball plays in the APPA D2 division
TheMMPaintball supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballguy54 View Post
Some of the best reffing I've had in a while.
^ I totally agree, Thank you guys for reffing you did great!
Old 03-17-2015, 06:18 PM #9
jtprotium the second
Danny

Annual Supporting Member
jtprotium the second plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
jtprotium the second plays in the APPA D1 division
Yeah it was pretty fair on the dye field all weekend long
jtprotium the second is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 06:33 PM #10
Los
Seattle Ninjas 09

Los is a Supporting Member
Los plays in the USPL
Los plays in the PSP
Los plays in the APPA D3 division
The refs on the Dye field were consistent and did a good job especially with the conditions.

Last edited by Los : 03-17-2015 at 09:46 PM.
Los is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 07:53 AM #11
KanyonTB4:12
Kanyon Tapp

The refs did an incredible job on the Dye field the entire event! Probably the best reffing I have seen in divisional reffing at a PSP. Thank you to all the refs! Very much appreciated
KanyonTB4:12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 11:34 AM #12
KangarooJack

KangarooJack plays in the PSP
KangarooJack plays in the APPA D3 division
KangarooJack supports Empire
I agree with everything above, I honestly never had as good of ref as the dye field the past event. The head ref, WOW just WOW. I have never seen a ref do so much on the field, nor run all the way across the field for a shot that he saw. Sometimes falling in the mud because it was just a mess. On behalf of Freestyle we would like to thank you guys. You guys were awesome.

Thanks,

Brent
KangarooJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 12:33 PM #13
WP2015
ACL tears are no bueno

Annual Supporting Member
WP2015 plays in the PSP
WP2015 is playing at Living Legends VIII
WP2015 is an NCPA player
WP2015 supports Pev's Paintball
WP2015 is Legendary
WP2015 supports Empire
WP2015 is All In
came in here expecting ref bashing...what is this and what have you all done with the old PBN?
Bring me ETACS or Skull Eflexes - PM Me
WP2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 12:58 PM #14
JDempsey12
Carpe Diem

JDempsey12 plays in the PSP
JDempsey12 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
JDempsey12 plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by WP2015 View Post
came in here expecting ref bashing...what is this and what have you all done with the old PBN?
Honestly I was expecting the same thing... It's nice seeing everyone thank the refs and be nice for a change!
JDempsey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 01:07 PM #15
PimpInDistress
11:30

PimpInDistress plays in the PSP
Greg Pauley's Facebook post today is live in this thread

CEP-2009 BASIC-2008-2011
PimpInDistress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 09:03 AM #16
cjpaintballer
do you even lift bruh

cjpaintballer plays in the PSP
cjpaintballer owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
cjpaintballer owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
cjpaintballer supports DLX Technology
Even with the conditions of psp Dallas, I thought the reffing was EXCELLENT overall. The effort the refs showed, showed that they actually care that the game is played fairly. I didn't see many "questionable calls" from my end for our team or any other team. I know the Trueballers were very happy with the reffing and appreciate you guys showing such a great effort in such crummy conditions all weekend. I saw plenty of you guys sprinting to do paintchecks even whenever you had giant chunks of mud stuck to your boots/cleats. Thank you all for making the event enjoyable and playable!! You guys rock
Paintball Asylum
Empire
Mark 9:23
Psalm 3:6
cjpaintballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 09:20 AM #17
simple_condolences

simple_condolences owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
simple_condolences supports Team VICIOUS
simple_condolences plays in the APPA D4 division
simple_condolences has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
to those on the dye field. Always nice to see some of us getting some praise. Thanks to the players and spectators showing them the love. I know it makes the event feel a little more worth it at the end of the day.

So refreshing to see people complimenting referees instead of bashing on us so much. Haha. Honestly, after that event, I felt that there would be a lot of bashing just because so many refs were just -done- with that mud. By sunday, you've now done 3 full 12 hour days of leg day.

Kudos Dye field! Betcha' can't do it again!
NXL Referee 2015 -2015
simple_condolences is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 09:30 AM #18
bendigo360
SuperDan

bendigo360 plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
bendigo360 plays in the APPA D3 division
bendigo360 supports Empire
Quote:
Praise in public, criticize in private. Times can change. It just takes people looking for the positive instead of dwelling on the negative. Speaking positive things tends to drive people to continue on in their good work, while dwelling on the negative only discourages people to look at it and say “nothing we do will never be enough so why try?” If the players begin to appreciate what is being given to them, then those who provide it will see the same value in what they have to offer as the players do. Positivity breeds positivity and all of us can only grow because of it. Show someone they are valued in their work and they will continue to add the value to our sport.

Quote:
Originally Posted by simple_condolences View Post
to those on the dye field. Always nice to see some of us getting some praise. Thanks to the players and spectators showing them the love. I know it makes the event feel a little more worth it at the end of the day.

So refreshing to see people complimenting referees instead of bashing on us so much. Haha. Honestly, after that event, I felt that there would be a lot of bashing just because so many refs were just -done- with that mud. By sunday, you've now done 3 full 12 hour days of leg day.

Kudos Dye field! Betcha' can't do it again!
I watched games on just about every field throughout the weekend. I was able to watch matches on the D1, D2, D3, Pump and Pro field(sorry if I didn’t get to see some of D4 and D3). I was very pleased with the reffing as a whole. Marcus and the entire PSP ref crew did a great job of keeping things rolling and staying engaged in the games. I know the conditions were miserable. I played Galveston in 2012 and outside of the nets being down and the crazy wind… The weather at this event was just about as brutal. I also reffed Dallas last year as well as race to Maxx at MAO. I feel all of your pain and I know how it is to only see/hear the negative. You guys should be congratulated. The event would not have been possible without all of you working as a unit. As I said at the beginning and many have said since… Thank you for your hard work and dedication it was noticed and is greatly appreciated.

Paintball Asylum
CHRISTKREW
29:11

Last edited by bendigo360 : 03-19-2015 at 09:40 AM.
bendigo360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 07:08 PM #19
flpdog

Annual Supporting Member
flpdog plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
flpdog plays in the APPA D3 division
flpdog supports Empire
Reffing was on point all weekend. Refs stayed consistent with their calls and toughed it through the rain and mud. Staying focused for 10 hours a day in these conditions really takes some guts. Thanks again refs!
Old 03-19-2015, 07:32 PM #20
FullMetalJester
NU Coach / Gun Tech

FullMetalJester plays in the PSP
FullMetalJester is an NCPA player
FullMetalJester plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by WP2015 View Post
this.
FullMetalJester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 04:10 PM #21
RVD9431
Rob V

RVD9431 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
RVD9431 plays in the APPA Pro division
You can thank Marcus for this, he has done a lot to ensure his refs are all on the same page and that there are no problems
RVD9431 is offline   Reply With Quote