Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-28-2014, 11:50 PM #1
smy1

Need help I might be getting a job soon and want to play paintball to :(

Hello I am 16 and I be getting a job at mcdonald just to buy paintball gear etc. but the real problem is my local paintball field is only open till 9-5 on sat 12-5 on Sunday and the manager says the most busy times are on weekends. I told her I play paintball on Saturday or Sunday and I might need a break on one of those days. She told me i can request off 1 time a month or so. How can I convince her to give me more time off on weekends? I am guessing I have to work harder at my job and maybe she give me some time off? What's ur opinion and how can I convince her to give me more days off if possible for me to play paintball?

My first option was maybe I have to request to work from 5am-maybe 10am on weekdays or try to convince her let me off some days

Last edited by smy1 : 10-28-2014 at 11:55 PM.
smy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-29-2014, 12:46 PM #2
martix_agent
I'm out of creativity

Annual Supporting Member
martix_agent is playing at Living Legends VII
martix_agent is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
Welcome to real life, where you either have time and no money, or money and no time.
martix_agent is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 04:02 PM #3
smy1

Quote:
Originally Posted by martix_agent View Post
Welcome to real life, where you either have time and no money, or money and no time.
Yea it sucks
Old 10-29-2014, 06:27 PM #4
quickpickWM

Find a better job than Mcdonalds. What you should have said instead was that saturday and sunday are days you reserve for studying so you could get into a better college or something along those lines.

My job is at a restaurant that is owned by a guy who lives in the area and it's not a chain. We are pretty much all a family and getting time off isn't much of an issue. I've had the past 2 weekends scheduled off on Saturdays since I asked for them off.

quickpickWM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 06:58 PM #5
martix_agent
I'm out of creativity

Annual Supporting Member
martix_agent is playing at Living Legends VII
martix_agent is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
What you should have done was tell her that you're not available to work on weekends. It shouldn't matter why.
martix_agent is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 09:09 PM #6
smy1

Quote:
Originally Posted by martix_agent View Post
What you should have done was tell her that you're not available to work on weekends. It shouldn't matter why.
They told me the most busy days are sat and sun and I prob have less chance getting a job there
Old 10-29-2014, 09:13 PM #7
smy1

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickpickWM View Post
Find a better job than Mcdonalds. What you should have said instead was that saturday and sunday are days you reserve for studying so you could get into a better college or something along those lines.

My job is at a restaurant that is owned by a guy who lives in the area and it's not a chain. We are pretty much all a family and getting time off isn't much of an issue. I've had the past 2 weekends scheduled off on Saturdays since I asked for them off.
2 of my friends work there. I applied so many places and mcdonlad is only one that accepted me

Might try and say that I might need some weekends off to study because of my parent ( that is true because I am getting alot of test and quizzes in my junior year)
Old 11-05-2014, 09:38 PM #8
VSSTRONG03

VSSTRONG03 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Look into a local restaurant, you'll have a more likely chance to have someone take your shifts on Saturdays (coming from personal experience).
VSSTRONG03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 10:57 AM #9
Kbug
Dookie

Kbug owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Kbug has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Kbug supports Empire
Try telling them you have church services on Sunday?
Kbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 12:37 PM #10
johnbran
Why not?

johnbran owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
johnbran has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
johnbran has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
If there is a jewel osco near you, ask them. I worked at one for awhile and we had this request off book, so I could have requested off any date I wanted to, within reason ofc.