Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-07-2014, 08:14 PM #1
raigeki190

Just bought from ANSgear - require advice

I bought Freak Jr. barrel set that comes with 2 aluminum inserts, alongside a set of steel inserts. I just received it, turns out, the inserts DOES NOT fit the barrel. I contacted ansgear, they said that my barrel is milled incorrectly and to contact GOG to get it replaced. I said I didn't want to bother as it was the weekends and I would have to wait several days to contact GOG and told them I wanted to just return it. They told me that I CANNOT return it as it's not in a resellable condition and that I would have to get it replaced if I wanted to return it.

So now, I have to get the barrel replaced through warranty just so I can return it and get charged a 15% restocking fee?

What's your opinion about this? What should I do?

Should I just dispute via Paypal so I don't get charged a restocking fee for a DEFECTIVE product? or just suck it up, get it replaced and then return it and most likely get charged a 15% restocking fee. Or lie to them and say nothing was wrong and return it because I didn't like it?

Last edited by raigeki190 : 11-07-2014 at 08:26 PM.
raigeki190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-07-2014, 08:26 PM #2
raigeki190

So basically, I'm currently stuck with an unusable and unsellable product. Thanks ANSgear!
Old 11-07-2014, 08:28 PM #3
BP0019
Hooligans Paintball

BP0019 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
BP0019 plays in the APPA D4 division
BP0019 supports Empire
BP0019 owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
I think it's a bad way to do business but all warranties always fall to the manufacturer. You could try and dispute through PayPal but that will take much longer than returning it to GOG. I would just contact GOG and see what needs to be done.

Let the ANS hate begin.
Vypr GSL #658
BP0019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 08:34 PM #4
Kbug
Dookie

Kbug owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Kbug has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Kbug supports Empire
If you get the barrel replaced, why do you still want to return it?
Kbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 08:39 PM #5
raigeki190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kbug View Post
If you get the barrel replaced, why do you still want to return it?
Because I don't like ansgear anymore and don't want to deal with them anymore due to this incident. Also, the rep said that barrel MAY be the problem, how do I know that the inserts aren't the ones that's improperly milled? Then, I would have to send those in for replacement too? It's the principles really, I don't want them to feel like they win by telling saying ,"No, gtfo, get it replaced."

Why can't they just do the replacement through manufacturer's warranty? What's the difference between me and them getting the product replaced due to a defect?

From all my online shopping experiences, not once have I been rejected a refund due to a product being defective.

Last edited by raigeki190 : 11-07-2014 at 08:42 PM.
Old 11-09-2014, 07:29 AM #6
Kbug
Dookie

Kbug owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Kbug has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Kbug supports Empire
I know a lot of people hate ANS (I've personally been happy with them), but in your situation, it makes since. Lots of companies charge restocking fees if you return something. As for warranty covering it, GOG made the product, so they would be the company to contact in case of a defect, not ANS. I can see why you'd be frustrated, but it'd be easier to just contact GOG, get it replaced/fixed under warranty, and avoid ANS in the future.
Kbug is offline   Reply With Quote