PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyScenario Ups

Old 07-27-2012, 12:56 PM #736
d4rksabre
Dr. Carter

Personally, I like anything reminiscent of the old Dollack games I spent so much time reading about and dreaming about as a newbie to the sport. The shenanigans that went on in those games, both from a mission and a role-playing standpoint were the entire reason I ever got into the sport, way back when.

I liked the structured mission plan when it was added to the game. I felt like it allowed more players to get involved in missions than the old way did. But surprise missions have their place as well, stirring the pot and making Generals have to really manage their players instead of just expecting them to find their way to flag and prop objectives at the scheduled times.

THE MOB
Western NY's Least Serious Paintball Team
Be indifferent about us on Faecebøøk
d4rksabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-27-2012, 01:14 PM #737
MALICE Commander

I've got an old-school solution to the 3rd Entity controversy.

Why not have the French be made up as Pump and Mechanical Marker entities. There are teams of players who live for this style of play.

They would be extremely effective as mission players and cause less havok than the speedball mentallity wave. I think a third entity as an overwhelming force is what's causing alot of rightfull anxiety.

Besides, a player like RougeShooter with a pump is better than most guys with Luxes and expensive hoppers, so it would be quality over quantity.

aka Crazy Tony with a sack on his head.

Cloned to Kill
MALICE Commander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 01:16 PM #738
d4rksabre
Dr. Carter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MALICE Commander View Post

Why not have the French be made up as Pump and Mechanical Marker entities. There are teams of players who live for this style of play.

They would be extremely effective as mission players and cause less havok than the speedball mentallity wave. I think a third entity as an overwhelming force is what's causing alot of rightfull anxiety.

Besides, a player like RougeShooter with a pump is better than most guys with Luxes and expensive hoppers, so it would be quality over quantity.

I ran my Phantom all weekend, but I'm not sure the French are really an "overwhelming force". We certainly got our ***** kicked by our own insertion a few times.

THE MOB
Western NY's Least Serious Paintball Team
Be indifferent about us on Faecebøøk
d4rksabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 01:45 PM #739
MALICE Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by d4rksabre View Post
I ran my Phantom all weekend, but I'm not sure the French are really an "overwhelming force". We certainly got our ***** kicked by our own insertion a few times.
I know SOV ,Dreadnaught and Fenris Companies did a good job of grabbing everyone they could by the beaches to get past Margon when French was hostile.
When we had missions in Rocen and Bolbec we had to fight past your insertion.
We never had enough players left to reach those areas effectively.
But hey,that's life and the Allies must have dealt with the same difficulty last year.
Anyway, I'm mainly a pump and mech player so I think The French would be awesome as such an entity

Cloned to Kill
Old 07-27-2012, 01:51 PM #740
Switch462
Two

Switch462 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Switch462 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:

No, just no. I absolutely hate when other people try to change my gear/style of play. I don't lay on my trigger when I am out there. I take 1-2 shots if I know I can hit them maybe a volley of 20 balls at them. This is how most of the french players play (that I have seen).

I don't know who is telling you that the french is some massive force. allied and german have 2,000 each side and the french is what 100 (its significantly smaller). Then the french probably runs around in teams of 30 or less its rare to see 50 french unless we are openly supporting like Sunday morning.

Why I think everyone hate the French: (disclaimer I do not always know what goes through Grazi's crazy head, but I guess)

Every year I hear Grazi tell the command staffs "Don't trust the French". We play to the faction that is helping us MOST. Allied provide 500 and Germans provide 1000 guess who we are going to help? Then there are things like Germans attacking french that influences our choice and in that case we help allied. At the end of the day both teams have been helped and both teams have been lied to by the French. People never look at the positive though so its just a bad taste in the mouth.
Old 07-27-2012, 02:29 PM #741
skeletor262
TheSkeletor262

skeletor262 posts videos on PbNation
skeletor262 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 02:32 PM #742
BDM_JSpade

I though the french were just great!!!

I had a small team of five allied this year sticking to the boundary tape and walking around the whole perimeter past the french insertion point and everytime we ran into a group of french (very small groups from 3-15 people) it was quite fun and not once did we engage them in any firefights. I think that definitely added to the roleplaying aspect of it since it wasnt just like yelling out loud and shooting at eachother. This led to us helping the french out at like 7ish on sat night although when i got shot out i had to walk the 2 miles back to insertion... which of course sucked.
BDM_JSpade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 02:37 PM #743
MALICE Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switch462 View Post
No, just no. I absolutely hate when other people try to change my gear/style of play. I don't lay on my trigger when I am out there. I take 1-2 shots if I know I can hit them maybe a volley of 20 balls at them. This is how most of the french players play (that I have seen).

I don't know who is telling you that the french is some massive force. allied and german have 2,000 each side and the french is what 100 (its significantly smaller). Then the french probably runs around in teams of 30 or less its rare to see 50 french unless we are openly supporting like Sunday morning.

Why I think everyone hate the French: (disclaimer I do not always know what goes through Grazi's crazy head, but I guess)

Every year I hear Grazi tell the command staffs "Don't trust the French". We play to the faction that is helping us MOST. Allied provide 500 and Germans provide 1000 guess who we are going to help? Then there are things like Germans attacking french that influences our choice and in that case we help allied. At the end of the day both teams have been helped and both teams have been lied to by the French. People never look at the positive though so its just a bad taste in the mouth.
JUST YES!

Cloned to Kill

Last edited by MALICE Commander : 07-27-2012 at 08:18 PM.
Old 07-27-2012, 06:58 PM #744
BlackAngelSS
The Black Korps

Quote:
Originally Posted by please dont shoot me View Post
Hey sounds fair too me, Germans beat the s--t out of you in actual "Paintball" games (BoB and Stali) and Allies win the big paintball "Scenario" game. 1 out of 3 is not bad just doesn't win the war.
Well put!

The German forces will Defend Berlin to the last man. The allies and bolshevik hords Will be destroyed at the gates of Berlin the war will be won by Germany!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

info on the drawing

On the 30th April,SS Untersharfuhrer Georg Diers and his crew of tank 314, were ordered to take up a defensive position at the Reichstag buildings. This was one of only two remaining King Tigers belonging to Heavy SS Tank Battalion 503 in Berlin. By that evening they had knocked out about 30 T34s, and the following day led a successful counterattack against the Kroll Opera House directly opposite the Reichstag. Their efforts though, merely postponed the inevitable and by the end of the day the order was given to abandon the position and prepare to break out of Berlin.

1.SS Panzer Korps
BlackAngelSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 08:56 PM #745
Team Predator
predator

Team Predator donated to help Peyton Trent
Team Predator is playing at Living Legends III
Team Predator owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelby2388 View Post
One suggestion I have (that I doubt tank guys are gunna like, sry.) is that tanks should have a square shape outlined in tape on them, that, if filled with paint, will kill it. This gives people a chance to actually fight against the tank instead of running away and encourages more shooting from ppl, which will in turn sell more paint. It might also encourage people to shoot at the square instead of trying to shoot in a tank window or at the tank gunners which in turn makes it safer for the tank crew. Tank ref can make the call on when it is completely filled and wipe the square clean when the tank exits the field.

Just an idea. They did it at the West Point game awhile back and it seemed fair. Feel free to disagree, but please make a counter point if you do.
We did this last year but werent required to do it this year. Kinda ridiculous because it takes such a massive amount of paint to cover the box. We were kept busy reincarnating from the rocket and grenade hits. We wouldnt have had that many shots to the side of the tank as the Allied players were usually runnig straight away from us! LOL

2008 Battle of the Bulge MVT
2010 Fallout/Wasteland MVT-Fallout/Wasteland MOFO Award
MVT Dark OpsExtreme VIII
Team Predator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 09:44 PM #746
Eldon Tyrell

Now that's a thought...

Oh, let it be so. I still have my Sterling pump and I need an excuse to redo an autococker into a pump.

It's an intersting thought, though. Few of the Resistance had first class weapons. They had captured German arms and a trickle of goodies smuggled in or air dropped, but not nearly enough first class weapons to go around. Most of the captured German stuff would have been K98 bolt actions. There were also a lot of old hunting rifles and shotguns used from the hedgerows.

Might make the trigger-happy grunt slow down a little if he knows the French can't hose him with paint right away.

Definitely something to put in the hopper for consideration.

Quote:

www.eviltyrellcorporation.com
Facebook
Semi-proudly sponsored by Pasadena Paintball Park and Paintball Sports and Supply in Maryland and
Commissioned Credentials
Eldon Tyrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 09:50 PM #747
Eldon Tyrell

Kill boxes

Kill boxes are a good idea if there are few rocket launchers and grenades merely disable a tank. Skirmish changed things a few years ago so that you could kill a tank with grenades as well as RPGs. That makes life a little tough on the takers, but increases grenade sales dramatically

We've run the tank with kill boxes in several games. The problem is that it does take a good bit of paint to cover them, and the tank gunners get lots of pop-up targets.

Again, something to throw in the hopper.

Keep it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelby2388 View Post
One suggestion I have (that I doubt tank guys are gunna like, sry.) is that tanks should have a square shape outlined in tape on them, that, if filled with paint, will kill it. This gives people a chance to actually fight against the tank instead of running away and encourages more shooting from ppl, which will in turn sell more paint. It might also encourage people to shoot at the square instead of trying to shoot in a tank window or at the tank gunners which in turn makes it safer for the tank crew. Tank ref can make the call on when it is completely filled and wipe the square clean when the tank exits the field.

Just an idea. They did it at the West Point game awhile back and it seemed fair. Feel free to disagree, but please make a counter point if you do.
Facebook
Semi-proudly sponsored by Pasadena Paintball Park and Paintball Sports and Supply in Maryland and
Commissioned Credentials
Old 07-27-2012, 11:20 PM #748
NoelyDeezNutz
Rebel against

NoelyDeezNutz plays in the USPL
NoelyDeezNutz plays in the PSP
NoelyDeezNutz owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
NoelyDeezNutz owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
NoelyDeezNutz is a top reviewer
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNegotiator View Post
You wanna dress up like borat and run around running and gunning. Feel free.
Please don't mistake the tanker for me in a borat thong... Im actually amazed that people are still bringing this up... Did it really make that big an impact?
NoelyDeezNutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 08:58 AM #749
dstanley753
XOXO ~ Mad Hatter

dstanley753 posts videos on PbNation
dstanley753 supports our troops
dstanley753 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
dstanley753 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
dstanley753 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoelyDeezNutz View Post
Please don't mistake the tanker for me in a borat thong... Im actually amazed that people are still bringing this up... Did it really make that big an impact?
It burned our retinas....look at yourself

Ha I bet you all were scared I was going to post the pic

GraveDiggersPaintball
Team Elder/ SGT at ARMS
dstanley753 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 12:51 PM #750
Tinkle SOV

Quote:
Originally Posted by warthog6

Hey Tinks! Meeting you is a killer memory!
That really was tons of fun :-) glad to have finally met you :-)
Tinkle SOV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 07:02 PM #751
BlackAngelSS
The Black Korps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldon Tyrell View Post
Kill boxes are a good idea if there are few rocket launchers and grenades merely disable a tank. Skirmish changed things a few years ago so that you could kill a tank with grenades as well as RPGs. That makes life a little tough on the takers, but increases grenade sales dramatically

We've run the tank with kill boxes in several games. The problem is that it does take a good bit of paint to cover them, and the tank gunners get lots of pop-up targets.

Again, something to throw in the hopper.

Keep it up.
A kill box on a tank is only good for a game with a small number of players. With alot of players it really deafeats the entire purpose of having a tank

Michael Whittmann,Otto Carius and Kirt Knispel would approve this message.

Actually Otto is still alive maybee i can ask him lol

1.SS Panzer Korps
Old 07-28-2012, 08:01 PM #752
Eldon Tyrell

Agreed.

Agreed. The kill box works best, I think, in small games where you don't have dedicated AT. With the amount of RPGs and grenades available at ION, the tanks usually get taken out within 10-15 minutes anyway.

Still, all suggestions welcome.

Carius is still alive?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackAngelSS View Post
A kill box on a tank is only good for a game with a small number of players. With alot of players it really deafeats the entire purpose of having a tank

Michael Whittmann,Otto Carius and Kirt Knispel would approve this message.

Actually Otto is still alive maybee i can ask him lol
Facebook
Commissioned Credentials
Old 07-28-2012, 08:11 PM #753
BlackAngelSS
The Black Korps

Quote:
Agreed. The kill box works best, I think, in small games where you don't have dedicated AT. With the amount of RPGs and grenades available at ION, the tanks usually get taken out within 10-15 minutes anyway.

Still, all suggestions welcome.

Carius is still alive?
Yes MR Carius is 90 and by far the most successful living tank ace

1.SS Panzer Korps
Old 07-28-2012, 10:54 PM #754
MALICE Commander

Quote:
Oh, let it be so. I still have my Sterling pump and I need an excuse to redo an autococker into a pump.

It's an intersting thought, though. Few of the Resistance had first class weapons. They had captured German arms and a trickle of goodies smuggled in or air dropped, but not nearly enough first class weapons to go around. Most of the captured German stuff would have been K98 bolt actions. There were also a lot of old hunting rifles and shotguns used from the hedgerows.

Might make the trigger-happy grunt slow down a little if he knows the French can't hose him with paint right away.

Definitely something to put in the hopper for consideration.
I didn't even think of the historical aspect You da man!

Cloned to Kill
Old 07-29-2012, 07:41 AM #755
Grazi
Hoagies...Ya hoagies

Grazi is playing at Living Legends V
Grazi owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Grazi owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Grazi supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackAngelSS

Yes MR Carius is 90 and by far the most successful living tank ace
I read his book a few months ago, it was excellent!
MVP: ROME 2045 ~ French Indian War 2854
Grazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 12:49 PM #756
CRAPGAME
PUMP REVOLUTION

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by MALICE Commander

I didn't even think of the historical aspect You da man!
I have a problem with this new line of thinking... Say for argument sakes the French were allowed to have say ONLY 100 players max, AND were only allowed a limited number of electro and mech semi, the rest would have to play pump....

Well I love playing pump! I would be so torn in which entity to play for!!! Curse you all !!!

And Eldon, if you have a working classic sterling pump, we must talk!
CRAPGAME is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyScenario Ups