PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyScenario Ups

Old 07-16-2012, 09:57 PM #568
93turbo16

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadpooll View Post
I just wanted to point out one thing that happened on Saturday. We inserted with our tank onto the beach just before dusk on Saturday. While on the beach supporting the tank somethin happened that I didn't think would happen in a million years.

A guy was running and fell. When he hit the ground his CO2 tank broke off and became a missle. It hit another players hopper, bounced off the ground then hit the same player in the knee.

One of our guys was right there when it happened and ran over to help the injured player. He was then put in the back of our tank and taken off the field.

From what our team leader said, the tank just missed hitting the player's bone. He was so lucky.

So, that my friends is what paintball is all about. Helping people when they need it most.

Thanks to Allied Command for recognizing what our tank crew did to help. Though our tank was German, Allied command gave Nelson our tank commander a medal for an Act of Valor for helping the injured player. It meant a lot to him.

To the player who was injured, I hope you are doing much better.
This literally happened about 20 feet from me when we inserted on Saturday night on the beach.

I had absolutely no idea what had happened and couldn't see the players that actually got hurt/injured at that time. We just saw the tank or "something" fly into the air and get hurled back about 25 feet or so.

By the time we realized what had happened there were already a bunch of players helping both of the guys out. Something I never thought I would see happen though!

EDIT: I actually caught this on video!! I need to edit it out and I will post it up.

Here is a video I shot of Sword beach with my GoPro.. this was the first time using it so it didn't turn out perfect, but it does show some game play.

I know I wasted a lot of paint, it was my first time playing on the German side, but it sure was a lot of fun!

Last edited by 93turbo16 : 07-16-2012 at 10:04 PM.
93turbo16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-16-2012, 10:09 PM #569
jtx2003
Ch...Ch...Ch...China

jtx2003 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
jtx2003 donated to help Peyton Trent
jtx2003 is playing at Living Legends III
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Predator View Post
AHHHHHH A nice hot SHOWER!!!
Would like to thank Paul, Terry and all the Skirmish staff for another GREAT WEEKEND!Congratulations to the Allies for a hard fought victory. We had a great "tanking weekend"! The allied forces had some seriously talented AT guys who beat on us all weekend!(Dont know where these guy were for the AT competition though). I would also like to congratulate all the award winners. Especially our brothers from RTM.You guys finally got your due!(although i still think it was the apple pie moonshine) It was great to make the rounds at night and visit all our paintball brothers.
It was also great getting to run beside Black Angel and Cromagnon Tanker.We usually end up shooting at each other not WITH each other! Also want to thank our tank ref Sean. You took alot of hits running with us!
Lastly, I want to congratulate Jezabel and my team mate Crap game for a valiant effort. I could see in your faces how much it took out of you to try and coordinate all the forces under you. I would NEVER take that job! BIG UPS!
THANK YOU to my team for being the relentless ballers that you are. You guys are my family and its an honor to run with you guys!

You guys are awesome! I'm sorry I killed your tank 4 times... playing speedball on the beach with the rocket launcher and having to snap shoot it at you was the highlight of the weekend for me. I was the one that came up to you after we one for oned and you asked where I was for the launcher competition.

Look forward to playing with/againts you guys soon.

China
Ragnarok

Last edited by jtx2003 : 07-16-2012 at 11:14 PM.
jtx2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 11:26 PM #570
k2riser
Trooper#7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93turbo16 View Post
This literally happened about 20 feet from me when we inserted on Saturday night on the beach.

I had absolutely no idea what had happened and couldn't see the players that actually got hurt/injured at that time. We just saw the tank or "something" fly into the air and get hurled back about 25 feet or so.

By the time we realized what had happened there were already a bunch of players helping both of the guys out. Something I never thought I would see happen though!

EDIT: I actually caught this on video!! I need to edit it out and I will post it up.

Here is a video I shot of Sword beach with my GoPro.. this was the first time using it so it didn't turn out perfect, but it does show some game play.

I know I wasted a lot of paint, it was my first time playing on the German side, but it sure was a lot of fun!

I wanted to go to ION this year but, just couldn't make it. Maybe next year...

One question popped in my head after watching this video....Do gun hits count??? 4min 27sec into this video, this guy clearly wipes a hit off of his hopper. Craziness!!
k2riser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 12:20 AM #571
foreverpsycotic
Gun Whore in training

foreverpsycotic owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Gun hits do not count, along with barrel tagging. A lot of people had their hoppers turned sideways to maximize coverage.
Old 07-17-2012, 02:55 AM #572
Grazi
Hoagies...Ya hoagies

Grazi is playing at Living Legends V
Grazi owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Grazi owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Grazi supports Team VICIOUS
A lot of the veteran players still honor the barrel tagging, but sometimes people get fussy about it.

I'll be posting my thank you sometime later today!
MVP: ROME 2045 ~ French Indian War 2854
Grazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 07:11 AM #573
Switch462
Two

Switch462 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Barrel tagging needs to be brought back though, I heard some horror stories of people ending up 2 feet away and getting shot. We had an allied player walk up to a small group of us scared that we were going to shoot him that close. Apparently earlier in the day some German guy walked up and shot him in the leg leaving a huge bloody welt.
Old 07-17-2012, 07:21 AM #574
foreverpsycotic
Gun Whore in training

There should be no physical contact between opposing players other than a handshake or a high 5. Bunkering happens in paintball, only so many things can happen when you are that close.
Old 07-17-2012, 08:05 AM #575
Switch462
Two

I fully agree with you, I feel that if you want to bunker someone go for it. I just feel that there should be a mercy or barrel tag as an option at least. I would much rather be bunker'd instead of being tackled on the field...
Old 07-17-2012, 08:31 AM #576
Killer_Jezebel
Making Boys Cry Since 82

Killer_Jezebel supports Team VICIOUS
first I would like to congratulate the Allies on their victory.

Germans, it was hard fought, you all left it out on the field. I couldnt be more proud of you guys! Like I said before, the score doesnt even come close to reflecting the heart you guys and girls put in. Never once did anyone question me or what I was asking them to do. They never let me down! We will take back our victory run at BFB and then Stalingrad.... and then ION 2013.

I will post more later, right now I am trying to recover and clean up after a full week away!

We are not interested in the possibilities of defeat. They do not exist.
Queen Victoria
Killer_Jezebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 08:50 AM #577
Tripower455

Thanks to everyone, especially Team Ragnarok(!), for making our 2nd ION even better than the first! You Germans gave us a great fight, especially on the beach.... I'm wearing a lot of welts and nursing a few sore spots, but it was a BLAST.......

I had a lot of fun busting the German tanks with the Ragnarok guys, and even got to ride in one of the allied tanks on counter tank duty for a while. I've never eaten that much paint in my life! (You guys know that paintballs don't do a thing to tanks, right? There had to be $1000 worth of paint slung at the thing in the 20 minutes I was in it! My TPX is white now......)

My son and I almost didn't make the trek up from Naples FL this year, due to my conflicting work schedule, but I was able to change it at the last minute (a week before ION)! Good thing they opened up some spots, and we were able to register late (not to mention get a hotel/rent a car)! It was definitely worth the cost and hassle to attend.......

Oh, and Master Yoda should really be renamed Master of the Pig! That nuclear smoking rig was awesome to behold! You and your little guy better play next year!

Can't wait til next year!

Last edited by Tripower455 : 07-17-2012 at 08:53 AM.
Tripower455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 09:23 AM #578
Team Predator
predator

Team Predator donated to help Peyton Trent
Team Predator is playing at Living Legends III
Team Predator owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtx2003 View Post
You guys are awesome! I'm sorry I killed your tank 4 times... playing speedball on the beach with the rocket launcher and having to snap shoot it at you was the highlight of the weekend for me. I was the one that came up to you after we one for oned and you asked where I was for the launcher competition.

Look forward to playing with/againts you guys soon.

China
Ragnarok
I had a reminder of your presence to take home.While i was washing the tank, i found a Ragnarock rocket stuck in our grill ! LOL Great shooting all weekend.

2008 Battle of the Bulge MVT
2010 Fallout/Wasteland MVT-Fallout/Wasteland MOFO Award
MVT Dark OpsExtreme VIII
Team Predator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 09:40 AM #579
Tripower455

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Predator View Post
I had a reminder of your presence to take home.While i was washing the tank, i found a Ragnarock rocket stuck in our grill ! LOL Great shooting all weekend.
You guys definitely kept us on our toes this weekend. Every time I sat down back at camp, someone was saying "WE NEED AT ON THE BEACH"!
Tripower455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 10:18 AM #580
Giovanni Baldesarre
Consigliere

Been awhile since I'd been to ION

This was my first year back at ION since about 4 years ago and this year reminded me of why I love this game so much. It was a great year this year and I'm glad to have been able to catch up with so many people. Looking forward to next year!
Giovanni Baldesarre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 10:23 AM #581
Giovanni Baldesarre
Consigliere

Quote:
A lot of the veteran players still honor the barrel tagging, but sometimes people get fussy about it.
I'd like to add on the barrel tagging thing as well. It existed as a safety measure I feel. In those odd occurrence of being right on top of your enemy barrel tag should really be there to stop the 2 to 3 foot shootings I heard about. Bring back situational barrel tagging.
Giovanni Baldesarre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 10:24 AM #582
ram2600

What a weekend...

Thank you and Congrats to the Allies on your victory...

Thank you to the Germans, you fought hard.... oh and to Jezebel and Crapgame the kidnapping of me was awesome, but I will have my revenge... lol (seriously, CG when you took off from the CP I knew I was in trouble... lol)

Kaz, ,my co-XO it was a pleasure to server along side you...

Grazi, a big thanks for the XO position.... and more to come...

A huge thank you to all the french players, on and off the field it was crazy, and why French is the way to go...

Viva La France!!!!!
// '14 I.O.N French General //
"1/2" of Custard PB Productions
ram2600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 10:57 AM #583
d4rksabre
Dr. Carter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giovanni Baldesarre View Post
I'd like to add on the barrel tagging thing as well. It existed as a safety measure I feel. In those odd occurrence of being right on top of your enemy barrel tag should really be there to stop the 2 to 3 foot shootings I heard about. Bring back situational barrel tagging.
A lot of times we'd just pose the question "want to get shot or barrel tagged?"

Let them make the choice

THE MOB
Western NY's Least Serious Paintball Team
Be indifferent about us on Faeceb°°k
d4rksabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 11:51 AM #584
CRAPGAME
PUMP REVOLUTION

Annual Supporting Member
Ok my turn...

To all the teams and players who faught for Germany this year thank you all so much! You guys and gals played your hearts out. Win or loose it was a great game and you guys and gals deserve the recognition . I hope to see a lot of you all back in the fall.

Thank you to Skirmish for putting on the game yet again, Paul, Terry and crew big props!!!

Will be in touch about the future of the games and how they will be played.... ( insert evil grin)

Allied players you guys did awsome, congrats! Looking forward to more battles in the future!

Still unpacking and cleaning gear.

THANK YOU ALL AGAIN FOR ALL YOUR HARDWORK YOU ALL PUT INTO THE GAME!!!
CRAPGAME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 12:08 PM #585
93turbo16

Quote:
Originally Posted by k2riser View Post
One question popped in my head after watching this video....Do gun hits count??? 4min 27sec into this video, this guy clearly wipes a hit off of his hopper. Craziness!!
The guy in the video is me, first time playing as a German!

I added some comments to the description section of the video.

The first time I got hit in the hopper (as mentioned gun hits don't count), the second time hit me on top of the head but didn't fricken break. That is probably the worst welt I have right now!

I had my guys check for paint and I also was checking my head to see if it had broken, but it had not. So, I kept playing until I ran out of paint.

Overall I had a lot of fun this year and hoping to bring a bigger group of guys up next year!
93turbo16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 12:10 PM #586
foreverpsycotic
Gun Whore in training

Quote:
Originally Posted by d4rksabre View Post
A lot of times we'd just pose the question "want to get shot or barrel tagged?"

Let them make the choice
Ahh, the good old surrender thing. People need to remember that it is an option, not a certainty. Just aim for the foot on a run through, solves most problems.
Old 07-17-2012, 12:13 PM #587
mariol
aka 'Da Pope'

mariol owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Quote:
Originally Posted by d4rksabre View Post
Mario! We missed you this year.
Missed geing with all you guys!
Missed being there too!

Looked at my watch.. ah, Fench games
Looked at my watch.. ah, Diplo reception
Looked at my watch.. ah, everyone wasted but me.
Looked at my watch.. ah, GAME ON!!!!!!
Looked at my watch.. ah, something going on somewhere. French pulling stuff, germans & allies pulling something, someone kidnapped, etc..
Looked at my watch.. ah, game over : (

WHOSE YOUR POPE?
YETTTTTIIIIIIIIIIIII!/Team Douche Bag
RTM Contract player
mariol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 12:22 PM #588
d4rksabre
Dr. Carter

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverpsycotic View Post
Ahh, the good old surrender thing. People need to remember that it is an option, not a certainty. Just aim for the foot on a run through, solves most problems.
I think the complaint is more or less when it's not a "run through". Say I've managed to sneak my way into a group without them noticing. Or of course I'm French and standing right next to you. I don't want to shoot you in the foot, I just want to give you the option to quietly take a barrel tag or surrender.

The problem comes when people don't respect or understand the concept, which blows my mind because all I remember reading about for years in PB Mag and APG was about people barrel tagging guys during Dollack games. How anyone who is in this sport doesn't understand or acknowledge barrel tagging is a mystery. It always seemed like one of the most exciting aspects of scenario games to me as a youngster.

THE MOB
Western NY's Least Serious Paintball Team
Be indifferent about us on Faeceb°°k
d4rksabre is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyScenario Ups