Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 06-20-2012, 08:32 PM #1
WillIbe

APE rampage (original) beeping

Have an older APE board and it has begun beeping when shooting (eyes off, no air). I then air it up and shoot eyes off for dry fire and it shoots, pauses with the bolt forward, then recocks. The ROF is also very slow. It's strange to say the least, I'm not sure what I could have done to screw with it.

The trigger trainer mode does work, no beeps, and all the buttons on the keypad work as they should

I don't see anything about how to just reset the board, so I tried lowering the dwell just now and no luck. I have never opened the solenoid prior, and have not yet opened it up this time. I'm still trying to figure out if the beeping is a bad capacitor or if the ribbon cable is screwed up before I do that.

Any ideas or experiences would be valued,

Thanks.

-will

Oh and the Gun is cleaned and greased, tried multiple good batteries (BNBN), and all connections seem good (keypad, eyes, and battery)
"Originally posted by PBMT: Oh, and btw, you worrying about grammar on internet forums is like watching a special olympics race judge yelling at a contestant for going outside of his lines on the track...no one cares and you look like an idiot doing so."
WillIbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-20-2012, 08:45 PM #2
Muff Muff
Muff Muff OUT

Old 06-20-2012, 08:48 PM #3
WillIbe

Boooo

I emailed them lets see if they'll make me a deal
"Originally posted by PBMT: Oh, and btw, you worrying about grammar on internet forums is like watching a special olympics race judge yelling at a contestant for going outside of his lines on the track...no one cares and you look like an idiot doing so."
Old 06-21-2012, 05:30 AM #4
SHADOWofFAIR

SHADOWofFAIR supports Team VICIOUS
SHADOWofFAIR has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
SHADOWofFAIR has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
SHADOWofFAIR has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Try cleaning the noid and resetting the board.

SP original/Ion XE lover right here
SHADOWofFAIR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 10:31 AM #5
WillIbe

I took out the armature and tried without it; the beeping is now more faint but still present. The solenoid operates fine, and the shoot-recock albeit slow is very controlled, as opposed to intermittent or random.

I just noticed in the manual how to reset so hopefully that solves it
Old 06-22-2012, 04:58 AM #6
WillIbe

Reset fixed it, thanks for the thoughts.