Cmizzle
Full Time Tape Head

bugatti?
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-03-2012, 03:22 AM #863
Mike Grenade

Mike Grenade is a Paintball photographer
Looking through the PSP Photo Pass stuff that went out today, since I'm out of the loop... Am I to understand remote cameras are no longer allowed?
Old 08-03-2012, 03:23 AM #864
Mike Grenade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pakistani View Post
civic?
okay okay okay

25% camry
25% civic
25% volvo
25% vdubs
Old 08-03-2012, 03:38 AM #865
Skipperdawg
Go Big or Go Homo

Skipperdawg is a Paintball photographer
Skipperdawg plays in the PSP
Skipperdawg supports Team VICIOUS
Skipperdawg is an NCPA player
Skipperdawg is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Grenade
Looking through the PSP Photo Pass stuff that went out today, since I'm out of the loop... Am I to understand remote cameras are no longer allowed?
This is true but from what I've seen everyone still does it and besides the refs haven't a clue as to the new photographer rules.

RIP SkipsPics - I'll Miss You Vicious - Photomob
Jerky Bob Fan Club - WVU Paintball - PPSC
Greensburg Distortion MXL #3 - Eastern Conf Champs 2009 We Came, We Won, They Canceled the League
My Feedback: http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=1461486
Old 08-03-2012, 09:33 AM #866
IplayforRelentless
Quit changing my avatar!

IplayforRelentless is BST Trusted
IplayforRelentless is a Paintball photographer
IplayforRelentless supports our troops
IplayforRelentless is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
IplayforRelentless is attending Decay of Nations VI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skipperdawg View Post
Jetta?
Depends if she was hot. According to The League, all hot girls drive a Jetta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Grenade View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skipperdawg View Post
This is true but from what I've seen everyone still does it and besides the refs haven't a clue as to the new photographer rules.
Not entirely correct. Erik (French guy) was trying to set up his remote camera on Saturday or Sunday at PSP Phoenix and the refs were telling him "No." I doubt divisional refs would care, but the pro refs will stop you. You can't even walk across the field to get off, anymore, you have to go around and behind the penalty box.
"Originally posted by -|2ain: Ima kill Dieing to live when he gets back! THEY MADE ME DO A RECTAL EXAM!!!! A ****ING RECTAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!"
"Originally posted by tremis: I love the self righteousness of the photographers with the claim that they "created" a photograph. Delusional at all? The law may ignorantly side with the photographer, but the subject has done the vast majority of the work and they dont get any credit/royalties."
I take hipster photos on Instagram - @hobbesthetiger
NJ Devils MN Wild MN Twins Chi Cubs IA Hawkeyes

Last edited by IplayforRelentless : 08-03-2012 at 09:37 AM.
Old 08-03-2012, 10:34 AM #867
sixsixsix69
Aggressively Lazy

Annual Supporting Member
sixsixsix69 is a Supporting Member
sixsixsix69 is a founding member
sixsixsix69 is a Paintball photographer
sixsixsix69 supports Team VICIOUS
sixsixsix69 posts videos on PbNation
All those rules are just on the pro field... cause Div refs don't care about rules unless you are seriously ****ing up or they know you and want to **** with you... haha

What went out photo pass talk? I didn't get anything. Of course I didn't get anything, I'm not on the list.
Old 08-03-2012, 10:41 AM #868
IplayforRelentless
Quit changing my avatar!

PSP Photo Passes
This information is current for the 2012 PSP Mid‐Atlantic Open.

To streamline PSP photographer check‐in, please complete the following process. Once the process is completed, you
will be able to check‐in at the event by simply signing the media waiver and picking up an envelope with your
credentials.

Application Process
ALL persons wishing to have field access for the purposes of taking photographs or shooting video MUST be apply for a PSP Photo pass prior to EACH PSP event. PSP Photo passes are acceptable for photography or video recording.
To apply, email the following information to media@sportsmediaproductions.com:
‐ Photographer’s First and Last Name
‐ Photographer’s APPA ID Number. If the photographer does not have an APPA ID number, obtain one by visiting
www.appapb.com and clicking “Your Profile” and “Create your APPA Profile”. Applications without APPA ID numbers will not be processed.
‐ The name of any media outlet or company you are representing.
‐ For applicants who do not already have a 2012 Media/Photographer ID Badge (plastic card with the photographer’s photo), the applicant MUST upload a photo to their APPA profile. The photo MUST be a
passport‐style photo suitable for use on the applicant’s photo ID badge. ID Badge Photos must be uploaded by the Application Deadline.
‐ For applicants who have already been issued a 2012 Photographer (or Media) ID Badge, if you have lost your
badge and need a reprint, please note this in your application and we will have a new badge for you. The badge reprint fee is $10.

Approval and Fee Payment
If your application is approved, you will be sent an invoice for your event pass fee and photographer ID badge fee. You may pay the invoice online through paypal or by cash on‐site. NO CHECKS OR CREDIT OR DEBIT CARDS WILL BE ACCEPTED ON‐SITE.

Media Check-In
Hours
Thursday 4 PM to 7 PM; Friday 7 AM to 8 AM (completed applications only); Friday 8 AM to 7 PM; Saturday 7 AM to 7 PM; Sunday 7 AM to Noon
NO MEDIA CHECK‐IN OUTSIDE MEDIA CHECK‐IN HOURS!

Deadlines
Completed applications must be received, and ID Badge Photos must be uploaded to APPA profiles, by Tuesday, August 7. There is a $50 late fee for any applications or photographs received after the deadline.

Fees
ID Badge Fee
ALL photographers are required to have a PSP Photographer ID badge, good for the season. The PSP Photographer Badge Fee is $30, plus $10 for reprints.

Event Pass Fees
All fees are per‐photographer.
Paintball Media Photographer Pass
Paintball media outlets that regularly produce original content in a print or web format are eligible to become PSP
Media Partners. PSP Media Partners are allocated photo passes for each event according to their Media Partner Agreement. Media Partners must inform PSP of photographers receiving their allocated photographer passes prior to the Application Deadline.

Paintball Sponsor Photographer Pass
PSP Sponsors may be allocated photographer passes as part of their PSP Sponsor Agreement. PSP Sponsors must
designate photographers receiving the sponsor’s allocated passes prior to the Application Deadline.

All Field Pass - $1,500
Includes access to all fields.
Divisional Field Pass - $150
Access to divisional fields only. Access is not granted for divisional games on the Pro field. (See Pro Team Pass)
Pro Team Pass Complimentary
Each team competing on the Pro field (including divisional teams competing in playoffs on the Pro field) may designate ONE photographer to have access to the Pro field for that team’s games only. Team photographers found on the field at any other time will immediately have their credentials revoked. Interference by team photographers may result in game penalties assessed against the designating team.

Late Fee
All applications and ID badge photos are due by Tuesday, August 7. Applications or ID badge photos received after August 7 will be assessed a $50 late fee.

Regulations
Violation of Photographer Regulations will result in the immediate forfeiture of the photographer pass without refund and may result in a permanent ban from PSP events.
1. Photographer passes grant access to the player paddocks area and the out‐of‐bounds sideline area of the fields
only. The in‐bounds area of all playing fields, including penalty boxes, is off‐limits at all times. “All Times”
includes timeouts, before matches, after matches, and any other time. Access to other non‐public areas,
including the score tower, broadcast tower, or other restricted areas is not permitted.
2. Your Photo ID Badge and Event Photo Pass must be visible at all times.
3. Your Photo ID Badge and Event Photo Pass are assigned to one person and are non‐transferable. If either is lost,
notify registration immediately. Badges and Passes found in the possession of others will be confiscated and not
returned.
4. Absolutely no communication is permitted between photographers and players while on the field of play for any
reason.
5. Photographers shall not involve themselves in a match in any way, including providing any opinion or showing
any photo or video to any participant or official.
6. Photographers must be aware that their actions can reveal the position of players, and avoid movement or
other actions that would reveal the location of a player to their opponents.
7. Except as mentioned in rule 5, photographers must follow instructions of PSP and Paintball Access staff at all
times.
8. Use of scaffolding, platforms, tables, chairs, and other equipment not provided by the photographer is
prohibited. Don’t sit on it, lean on it, or put your gear on or under it.
9. Do not travel in front of any Paintball Access camera at any time for any reason.
10. Never cross in front of another photographer’s lens.
11. Headsets and earphones are prohibited.
12. Manned cameras only.

Safety Equipment
Photographers are responsible for providing their own equipment, including appropriate paintball safety equipment including a goggle safety system designed for paintball. Neither Paintball Sports Promotions nor Sports Media Productions can be responsible for damage to any photographer’s equipment, nor any other injury or loss to the photographer’s person or property.
"Originally posted by -|2ain: Ima kill Dieing to live when he gets back! THEY MADE ME DO A RECTAL EXAM!!!! A ****ING RECTAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!"
"Originally posted by tremis: I love the self righteousness of the photographers with the claim that they "created" a photograph. Delusional at all? The law may ignorantly side with the photographer, but the subject has done the vast majority of the work and they dont get any credit/royalties."
Old 08-03-2012, 11:04 AM #869
sixsixsix69
Aggressively Lazy

Annual Supporting Member
Same **** that was in Tx...
Old 08-03-2012, 11:07 AM #870
IplayforRelentless
Quit changing my avatar!

Same as Phoenix, too, from what I gathered.
Old 08-03-2012, 01:03 PM #871
shark6428

shark6428 is a Paintball photographer
It's good that there's at least some rules and expectations that are mostly clear. It's good that they're limiting the pro field, but allowing the exception for divisional teams. I can see 1, 2, 9, and 10 being stretched or ignored so long as they don't become a problem. Am I reading 7 correctly that players and officials cannot request that I show them video/stills?

Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Old 08-03-2012, 01:10 PM #872
IplayforRelentless
Quit changing my avatar!

Yeah, that's always been a no-no, from what I've been told. I remember Gary telling me that he was on the field for some Dynasty controversy a few years back and the refs/players wanted to see his camera so they could get an accurate call and he said "No". We're not supposed to affect the game outcome in any way and if you're ever asked, the answer should be "No."
Old 08-03-2012, 01:39 PM #873
sixsixsix69
Aggressively Lazy

Annual Supporting Member
That should be a given. Anyone of the media should not interfere with any sport... Including using your media to change a call or play.

EDIT: what dave said...

Double EDIT: And I have seen/broken myself, rules 1-12 and not had any reprimand. PSP rules are like gun control... it only affects those that want to abide by them.

Last edited by sixsixsix69 : 08-03-2012 at 01:43 PM.
Old 08-03-2012, 01:57 PM #874
IplayforRelentless
Quit changing my avatar!

I've definitely broken a ton of those rules. I think as long as you're not a hindrance to the game and the refs, they probably don't care.
Old 08-03-2012, 02:15 PM #875
Little_PB_Newb
www.jamesrphoto.com

Little_PB_Newb is a Paintball photographer
Little_PB_Newb donated to help Peyton Trent
Little_PB_Newb supports Team VICIOUS
I don't know how #6 could actually be followed consistently.
Old 08-03-2012, 02:22 PM #876
shark6428

shark6428 is a Paintball photographer
That's what I thought. I've never offered my opinion and no refs have asked about pictures before. I'd certainly tell them no if they did anyway. That one's just worded a little strangely and perhaps it should be stated explicitly. My goal is to stay impartial and invisible. Never has that been harder than seeing a player wipe a goggle hit with pics to show it.

As for 6, that could be a grey area at times, but I think it's to prevent obvious position signaling. Jumping up and down and holding your camera in the direction of the guy making a sneaky move is different than moving out of a lane for the snake player who's position is being called by everyone on the sideline.

Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Old 08-03-2012, 02:26 PM #877
Little_PB_Newb
www.jamesrphoto.com

Little_PB_Newb is a Paintball photographer
Little_PB_Newb donated to help Peyton Trent
Little_PB_Newb supports Team VICIOUS
Well yeah that's a pretty safe bet that that would not be tolerated, but if some back player on the other team wanted to take the time to look, it would often be pretty easy to see which snake knuckle the photographer has his giant lens pointed at. Things like isolated corner and mid bunkers as well.
Old 08-03-2012, 02:46 PM #878
Mike Grenade

Re: remote cameras, why can't the rule specify on-field? I can see where a bunker cam might get in the way, but remotes on the sidelines and pits won't hurt anybody.
Old 08-03-2012, 02:53 PM #879
IplayforRelentless
Quit changing my avatar!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_PB_Newb View Post
I don't know how #6 could actually be followed consistently.
It's dumb to have, since there's coaching in Race To. If it were 7 man, I could see the point, but when coaching is involved, then it's a dumb rule to have.
Old 08-03-2012, 03:17 PM #880
Pakistani
VCU Rams

Pakistani is a Paintball photographer
Pakistani is an NCPA player
Pakistani is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
Pakistani is Boss
Pakistani supports Empire
probably a scam right?

"Thanks for the response,it's my first time buying an item online and i'm gonna be glad if you can sell it to me.I'm presently in Afghanistan Where am serving the country being a military officer,i wanna get the item for my Daughter whom school overseas as a surprise Birthday gift.I will pay you the sum of $1200 via PayPal for the item and shipping cost via USPS Global Express Mail International (EMS).I'm gonna need your PayPal email for the instant payment,I look forward in hearing from you."
Old 08-03-2012, 03:42 PM #881
Cmizzle
Full Time Tape Head

Old 08-03-2012, 03:54 PM #882
Skipperdawg
Go Big or Go Homo

Skipperdawg is a Paintball photographer
Skipperdawg plays in the PSP
Skipperdawg supports Team VICIOUS
Skipperdawg is an NCPA player
Skipperdawg is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pakistani
probably a scam right?

"Thanks for the response,it's my first time buying an item online and i'm gonna be glad if you can sell it to me.I'm presently in Afghanistan Where am serving the country being a military officer,i wanna get the item for my Daughter whom school overseas as a surprise Birthday gift.I will pay you the sum of $1200 via PayPal for the item and shipping cost via USPS Global Express Mail International (EMS).I'm gonna need your PayPal email for the instant payment,I look forward in hearing from you."
I got one of those once.

I told them yes that I could do that. Played them for like two weeks. Said it was in the mail etc. Was fun to **** with them.

RIP SkipsPics - I'll Miss You Vicious - Photomob
Jerky Bob Fan Club - WVU Paintball - PPSC
Greensburg Distortion MXL #3 - Eastern Conf Champs 2009 We Came, We Won, They Canceled the League
My Feedback: http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=1461486
Closed Thread