Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 06-15-2012, 11:01 PM #1
TargetofGravity

eXTCY Battery Life/Trigger Concerns

So recently picked up a GOG Extcy marker and took it to the field today, objectively was a bit disappointed for two reasons. First being the pre-travel screw as I walked the trigger would work itself up preventing the trigger from returning fully and literately stopping me from shooting, got that issue somewhat resolved. The second concern I had was with the battery life. I put just a case of paint through this marker and my indicator is red with some firing issues!! Does anyone have suggestions or had similar problems?
TargetofGravity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-16-2012, 03:47 AM #2
RogueShooter

Pre-travel screw is an easy fix- put some blue loc-tite (NOT RED) on the screw and you'll be set.

Battery depends on a lot of factors. For one, it's better to use name brand batteries purchased from somewhere that the stock gets rotated somewhat frequently (like the ones near the register at a Walmart). The no-names behind the counter at your local 7-Eleven will probably be junk to start with.

Another thing is if you're not going to be using the gun and it's going to be sitting or stored, unplug the battery from the board.
GOG/DLX - Valken - QuickShot Paintball - FogDoc.com - TechT - Deadlywind
RogueShooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 08:58 AM #3
TargetofGravity

The lock tight was sort of what I was thinking, as far as the battery goes I defiantly was using a name brand (duracell) brand new battery. With going bad after 3/4 of a case of paint I won't have the opportunity to take it out for storage.
TargetofGravity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 09:26 PM #4
offbeatherbal
Soup Can Cocks

i had the same problem with battery life i used an energizer max battery for the past 2 games and have not had to replace it so its on about 9000 rounds so far i did not unplug it in the 2 weeks between games
Old 07-10-2012, 08:04 AM #5
Dedloc
That guy.

Annual Supporting Member
Dedloc is BST Legit
Dedloc is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Dedloc is Legendary
Always, ALWAYS, check the exp date on the batteries no matter where you buy them from or what brand they are. Just because you buy it new in package doesn't mean it is still a new battery. I recently went to buy batteries at wal-mart because it was closest and managed to find a pack that expire in 2010 and yet was still up for sale. Make sure you buy fresh, brand new ones.

As for the trigger screw, I never had that issue, but I will agree that a simple da of blue loctite will take care of that in a jiffy.
Old 07-10-2012, 12:06 PM #6
backwoodspball
Old School 80's Baller

backwoodspball owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
backwoodspball supports DLX Technology
battery had to have been bad.. I shot most of the spring on a single battery. We dont shoot alot but I know 3-4 cases were shot on one battery

locl tite that screw. I had to adjust mine since it was to much play there on trigger pulls. Now its locked in its sweet spot

L.E. Red Camo Clone GT
Clear Orange DM13
backwoodspball is offline   Reply With Quote