PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 01-01-2004, 04:00 AM #1
My Little Buddy

has been a member for 10 years
Thumbs up Low Pressure

I've had my System X vengeance 2.0 pro for a while, and i put an STO reg and an A/C ram, and a superfly bolt (all shocktech) and i got an E-Blade for xmas and now that i have that i shoot alot and i was wondering what i should get to make my gun a Low pressure gun, it shoots about 300psi and if its possible i want to be able to make the operating psi down to about 150 if thats possible, (im pretty sure it is) but anywayz, anything lower would help. Thanks in advance.

AIM is PB4evrAutococker
Email is screaminghobo@hotmail.com
Advertisement
Old 01-01-2004, 09:56 AM #2
greenkill

greenkill is a Supporting Member
why do you want a low pressure gun. it offers no efficiency gain.
A - Actuating point

S------F--A------E
Old 01-01-2004, 10:25 AM #3
PTflyer

get a spring kit...(like maddman) and a valve tool so you can change the valve spring .......

then sweet spot it....

With the right spring combo.....and a little tweaking you should be able to get it to sweet spot around the 220 psi neighborhood..
Old 01-01-2004, 10:44 AM #4
thekoop

In my opinion you are right where ya wanna be with an eBlade, 300 psi is perfect. If ya lower your pressure you start to lose efficiencey and rate of fire. Maybe if ya tell us what your goal is we can help set up for your new eBlade. My reg sweetspotted at about 315 and is running like a swiss watch.
Old 01-01-2004, 01:17 PM #5
FallNAngel
Vicious Circles

Annual Supporting Member
FallNAngel is a Supporting Member
FallNAngel is playing at Living Legends VI
FallNAngel is playing at Living Legends VII
FallNAngel supports DLX Technology
No, lower pressure does not increase or decrease efficiency. There's nothing wrong with 300, but it's not *the* place to be.
If you want to set off and go develop some grand new thing, you don't need millions of dollars of capitalization. You need enough pizza and Diet Coke to stick in your refrigerator, a cheap PC to work on, and the dedication to go through with it. We slept on floors. We waded across rivers. -John Carmack

FS: G6R $525 shipped and paypal'd
Old 01-01-2004, 02:26 PM #6
Bimmer323is

Re: Low Pressure

Quote:
Originally posted by My Little Buddy
if its possible i want to be able to make the operating psi down to about 150 if thats possible, (im pretty sure it is) but anywayz, anything lower would help. Thanks in advance.
I Know first hand that it IS possible to lower your inline reg pressure down to 150 PSI. Two years ago, I borrowed a cocker from a guy at a field. It had a gauge under the front block so I know what PSI it was at. The field velocity was 280 FPS and I know the gun was set to that because I chronoed it.

I also know that gun had HORRIBLE efficiency. I know because I used my Shocker's 88/4500 filled to 4000 PSI and by the time it was almost empty, I had only shot around 900 rounds. I know how many rounds because that day I had only bought 1000 rounds of field paint and only about 3/4 of a pod left at the end of the day.

I remember how good the gun performed. It was dead on accurate and VERY VERY quiet!! I couldn't believe a cocker could sound so quiet. It was as quiet as my Shocker if not more.

The gun didn't look like anything fancy, it was a WGP cocker with an after market inline reg (sorry, don't remember). It also had an adjustable LPR and a 14" AA barrel. I told the gun's owner that I was really impressed with his gun and that it was as quiet as my Shocker. He said he modified it to be low pressure.

There's a lot of different reasons why different people want low pressure, but *I* want it because of how quiet it made the gun. But I want efficiency at the same time and I have YET to find someone who ACTUALLY has such a beast!!! Am I on a snipe hunt?? LOL
Old 01-01-2004, 02:49 PM #7
Bimmer323is

Quote:
Originally posted by FallNAngel
No, lower pressure does not increase or decrease efficiency. There's nothing wrong with 300, but it's not *the* place to be.
LOL So what ARE you saying? Looks like you summarized everything you READ about the topic into two sentences.
Old 01-01-2004, 03:29 PM #8
PTflyer

personally when springing my markers I shoot for the sub 250 psi...

But be clear I let the markers' set up tell me what it should be set at by sweet spotting the reg....

If it sweetspots at to high of a pressure for my liking I don't just turn down the reg but instead I do some spring swapping until I get the sweet spot down in the area I want...

*a chrono,a couple of tanks of air and a cs of paint helps do this at home -rather than at the field where you are trying to do it at the chrono with a mask on and people all around you....

It is only on a rare occasion that this will result in above 250psi sweet spot no matter what spring combo you try...

Others may have other opinions ....but this is mine.and it seems to work for me...

my markers average about 1200 shots on a 45/45...which is plenty efficient for me...and are running abotu 210psi.....290fps on avearge....
Old 01-01-2004, 03:37 PM #9
Bimmer323is

Quote:
Originally posted by PTflyer
my markers average about 1200 shots on a 45/45...which is plenty efficient for me...and are running abotu 210psi.....290fps on avearge....
what's your PSI and efficiency when you avarge 290 FPS?

Also, what's your setup? reg, valve, valve spring, main spring, bolt?
Old 01-01-2004, 03:42 PM #10
Conqueror
ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD

Conqueror is a Moderator
Conqueror is a Supporting Member
Conqueror supports our troops
Quote:
Originally posted by Bimmer323is
what's your PSI and efficiency when you avarge 290 FPS?
HE JUST TOLD YOU.

CQ
Old 01-01-2004, 03:52 PM #11
Drewba13
holy cow, its brian fow!

Let me first of all just say that the only gain you will be getting for a low pressure setup is the ability to pinch paint. You will have to get your lpr to under 55psi to be able to do this.

There is alot of work involved with the proper spring setup: each gun is different, so you will have to test with several different spring combos to be able to have your operating pressure below 200. I'm not sure about your gun, but you will most likely have to put some money into your gun to have a pinching setup. The stock lpr is a decent reg, and only internally adjustable--which is very hard to sweetspot the stock lpr to pinch.

There is usually a decrease in efficiency, which is good for nothing. Alot of people complain about the backblock moving very sluggishly during higher rates of fire, and poor recharge rate with a non-high-flow inline reg.

If you think this is worth a LP setup, go for it. I tried it, didn't think it was worth it at all, and now i'm back at a 325 operating pressure.
Old 01-01-2004, 04:00 PM #12
paul95874
Clone

ya i have a impule all fixedup with all new designz internals and couple lil home mods done to the siloniod to make the lpr super low to make thebolt stop on balls i had my lpr at 35psi with about 100psi on my max flow shooting like 270 fps it was crazy. it was super quiet and never choped .

but i just ordered a e class orracle (red to black fade) and will probly get the nexus kit later , what is the lowest psi a stock e orracle can run (bolt presure , and input presure) and what could i get it down to with the nexus kit . lol i dont really know much about cockers yet...

THANKS btw im selling a super nice impule with over 1500$ into it if anyone wants to buy it hit me up on aim @ paul95874

Last edited by paul95874 : 01-01-2004 at 04:02 PM.
Old 01-01-2004, 04:06 PM #13
PTflyer

Quote:
Originally posted by Drewba13
Let me first of all just say that the only gain you will be getting for a low pressure setup is the ability to pinch paint. You will have to get your lpr to under 55psi to be able to do this.

There is alot of work involved with the proper spring setup: each gun is different, so you will have to test with several different spring combos to be able to have your operating pressure below 200. I'm not sure about your gun, but you will most likely have to put some money into your gun to have a pinching setup. The stock lpr is a decent reg, and only internally adjustable--which is very hard to sweetspot the stock lpr to pinch.

There is usually a decrease in efficiency, which is good for nothing. Alot of people complain about the backblock moving very sluggishly during higher rates of fire, and poor recharge rate with a non-high-flow inline reg.

If you think this is worth a LP setup, go for it. I tried it, didn't think it was worth it at all, and now i'm back at a 325 operating pressure.

a low pressure set up has nothing to do with pinching paint....you can have your marker set up running at 400psi at 250 fps....and still set up your cocking presure to pinch paint....

a low cocking pressure has absolultly nothing to do with efficiency nor does it have anyting to do with velocity..
Old 01-01-2004, 04:34 PM #14
FallNAngel
Vicious Circles

Annual Supporting Member
FallNAngel is a Supporting Member
FallNAngel is playing at Living Legends VI
FallNAngel is playing at Living Legends VII
FallNAngel supports DLX Technology
Let me put it this way. Generally, it seems a bit easier to get an efficiency marker at 300psi than to get one at 150 because there's generally less work to do. Change the springs, then sweetspot. That's about it. With low pressure, you may want to swap the valve for something "higher flowing", different springs, etc. After properly set up neither will be more efficient, one will just be quieter.

I think people who think low pressure gains them efficiency is because it may seem that way. Basically, you can't really shoot a marker below it's operating pressure. So if you have a cocker that shoots at 300psi @ 290fps you'll get around 2,557 shots (w/o recocking and true efficiency factored in) and at 195psi @ 290fps you'll get around 2,621 shots (same factors). At first, it looks like low pressure *is* more efficient, but that's because of how much of the tank is used. At 300psi, you can only use the marker down to 300psi, at 195psi, you can go down to 195psi. They'll both use the same amount of air per shot, just one can use more of the tank. Perhaps I'm wrong though, but that would be my guess.

Quote:
In addition to what PTFlyer said, it also doesn't deal with what LPR pressure you're at, it's the force of the ram. I'm sure if you had the proper ram, you could pinch at 30psi.
If you want to set off and go develop some grand new thing, you don't need millions of dollars of capitalization. You need enough pizza and Diet Coke to stick in your refrigerator, a cheap PC to work on, and the dedication to go through with it. We slept on floors. We waded across rivers. -John Carmack

FS: G6R $525 shipped and paypal'd

Last edited by FallNAngel : 01-01-2004 at 04:38 PM.
Old 01-01-2004, 04:35 PM #15
Bimmer323is

Quote:
Originally posted by Conqueror
HE JUST TOLD YOU.

CQ
had you read my ENTIRE question, i ALSO asked him for his reg, valve, valve spring, main spring, bolt.
Old 01-01-2004, 06:24 PM #16
My Little Buddy

thank you to everyone that answered my quetion, i have a couple others now, first off, how much will this run me (around)? because i dont really wanna spend anymore then 200, please let me know

AIM= PB4evrAutococker
Old 01-01-2004, 06:36 PM #17
Bimmer323is

Quote:
Originally posted by My Little Buddy
thank you to everyone that answered my quetion, i have a couple others now, first off, how much will this run me (around)? because i dont really wanna spend anymore then 200, please let me know
if you decide to go with the tornado valve, get it from professional paintball supplies. ethan quoted me $40 for the valve, no springs. it's around $70 elsewhere. as for the springs, the girl i spoke to at aka told me to use theirs because it seals better. they are $5.

you'll need a gauge to measure your reg output. that'll cost you around $30 new. i actually found a used smartparts 0-300 psi gauge on ebay. it's the same one i have on my shocker.

if you're installing it yourself, i recommend getting the kapp valve tool. it's what i have. the T handle makes it easy to turn the remove the jam nut and install the valve. oh, do NOT force it. if you feel resistance, back out and try again. it SHOULD go in smoothly. stripped valve thread=destroyed body.

Last edited by Bimmer323is : 01-01-2004 at 06:44 PM.
Old 01-01-2004, 07:04 PM #18
My Little Buddy

thank you, another question is does anyone have a cocker that is upgraded so they can run at 200PSI and get good efficiency? if they do IM me

IM PB4evrAutococker
Old 01-01-2004, 09:55 PM #19
Drewba13
holy cow, its brian fow!

Quote:
Originally posted by PTflyer
a low pressure set up has nothing to do with pinching paint....you can have your marker set up running at 400psi at 250 fps....and still set up your cocking presure to pinch paint....

a low cocking pressure has absolultly nothing to do with efficiency nor does it have anyting to do with velocity..
In my experience, I have never been able to pinch paint unless i was running my OP at under 250. Granted i was only using a sto ram, but my rock wouldn't would dropoff at higher rof.
Old 01-01-2004, 11:10 PM #20
Bimmer323is

Quote:
In my experience, I have never been able to pinch paint unless i was running my OP at under 250. Granted i was only using a sto ram, but my rock wouldn't would dropoff at higher rof.
Yes, you can influence your LPR pressure by your “OP.” But that’s like lowering the water pressure to your entire house just so you can have a lower water pressure in the shower. LOL