Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-02-2012, 10:05 PM #22
Mr.Familiar
We're all the same
 
Mr.Familiar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
The guy who has one of the top 2 physiques at my gym (imo); does a **** load of pushups.
__________________
Twothousandandfour.
Any man who knows a thing, knows that he knows not a damn, damn thing at all. K'Naan

Poor man, living a rich life
"Lay your facts by the side of every-day practices of this nation and you will say with me that, for revolting barbarity and shameless hypocrisy, America reigns without a rival." -Frederick Douglass
Mr.Familiar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 10:11 PM #23
WorldStrike
PBN's Dick
 
WorldStrike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Pittsburgh
WorldStrike supports Bob Gurnsey
WorldStrike has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
WorldStrike has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwestpballer View Post
It all depends on your goals. You can really kick your own *** with body weight workouts. I was having a shortage of cash at the beginning of the summer so I just decided that for the summer I would work on conditioning and do body weight only stuff at the local playground. It's taken some creativity to make some of the equipment work, but I feel like I'm keeping a lot more mobility and being able to see a real improvement in things like pullups and pushups is nice too.
Holy ****ing apparition batman. Where the hell have you been?
__________________
They say the old woman's got the wisdom
'Cause she couldn't read the clock anymore
She said "The numbers don't represent the moments"
Says she don't see what all the ticking's for
WorldStrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 10:23 PM #24
black_angus
hooah hooah hooah hooah
 
black_angus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: The Great State of Iowa
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwestpballer View Post
It all depends on your goals. You can really kick your own *** with body weight workouts. I was having a shortage of cash at the beginning of the summer so I just decided that for the summer I would work on conditioning and do body weight only stuff at the local playground. It's taken some creativity to make some of the equipment work, but I feel like I'm keeping a lot more mobility and being able to see a real improvement in things like pullups and pushups is nice too.
This...wait...what?
__________________
Iowa Hawkeyes
Miami Hurricanes
Washington Redskins
Hate the Cowboys? Show it here.
black_angus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 09:18 AM #25
nwestpballer
RugbyDept.com
 
nwestpballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: KC MO
Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldStrike View Post
Holy ****ing apparition batman. Where the hell have you been?
I've been lurking around. I changed jobs, moved and just got caught up with life. I figured I'd check back in and see what you guys were up to these days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by black_angus View Post
This...wait...what?
They way I see it something is better than nothing. The goal of bodyweight workouts is not to be throwing up some hugs numbers or getting giant muscle growth. However it does have its benefits and you can really do some great work with just some random equipment on the playground.
__________________
My Feedback
ST:F:Weightlifting - We'll bench more than you and take your woman too
nwestpballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 02:06 PM #26
tanner202
 
 
tanner202's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Werent you originally from NE?
__________________
"If you are reading this, thank a teacher.
If you are reading this in English, thank a soldier."

"Originally posted by pillowpants: i dont know how to decipher this chart, then again, i do go to a community college."
"Originally posted by Mr.AmaZiN: did you just use an apostrophe for want?"
"Originally posted by pb123456789: Or call her a **** and proceed to textrape her."
"Originally posted by dualimpact: They haven't walked in on me but they know, I'm a screamer."
tanner202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 05:11 PM #27
black_angus
hooah hooah hooah hooah
 
black_angus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: The Great State of Iowa
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwestpballer View Post
I've been lurking around. I changed jobs, moved and just got caught up with life. I figured I'd check back in and see what you guys were up to these days.



They way I see it something is better than nothing. The goal of bodyweight workouts is not to be throwing up some hugs numbers or getting giant muscle growth. However it does have its benefits and you can really do some great work with just some random equipment on the playground.
I meant it in a "where the **** has this guy been" kind of thing.


For those of you who don't know, nwest is an OG from the ST:S:W days.
__________________
Iowa Hawkeyes
Miami Hurricanes
Washington Redskins
Hate the Cowboys? Show it here.
black_angus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 11:07 PM #28
nwestpballer
RugbyDept.com
 
nwestpballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: KC MO
Quote:
Originally Posted by tanner202 View Post
Werent you originally from NE?
Yeah, I moved to Missouri while attending school and I've been working here a couple years now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by black_angus View Post
I meant it in a "where the **** has this guy been" kind of thing.

For those of you who don't know, nwest is an OG from the ST:S:W days.
I got you, it's nice to be remembered. I'm glad to see a lot of the old guys are still kicking it around here. I'm sure I'll chime in with some more stuff soon. I've been doing some different stuff with meal frequency that I'll post up and get your ideas on.
__________________
My Feedback
ST:F:Weightlifting - We'll bench more than you and take your woman too
nwestpballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump